Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jurassic Park

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Telltale Games continue on from the events of the first Jurassic Park film with this cinematic adventure game.

Dr. Harding

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Daveyo520

Okay so I am watching to movie really right now to see the main character in the game, Dr. Gerry Harding and well to say they look a little different... 

Here he is in the movie.
     Here he is in the movie.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MUSTACHE?!
     WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MUSTACHE?!
    He lost a few pounds (he has a gut in the movie) in a matter of hours it seems. I know they didn't want to get the guy's likeness, I just thought I'd show you just how different they are.
    Magiczipper82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Magiczipper82
    @Daveyo520: what the fuck game are you talking about?!
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Daveyo520
    @Magiczipper82: The new Jurassic Park game from Tell Tale that this post is attached  to.  

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By gamb1t
    @Magiczipper82 said:
    " @Daveyo520: what the fuck game are you talking about?! "
    YOU NEVER GOT THE MEMO!?!?!?
    Magiczipper82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Magiczipper82

Holy damn. How have I not heard about this?! Jurassic Park is probably one of my favorite movie trilogies out there, right next to old school Star Wars.  Read both books, love this shit. I'm pumped now. Thank you sir

Magiczipper82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Magiczipper82
    @gamb1t said:
    " @Magiczipper82 said:
    " @Daveyo520: what the fuck game are you talking about?! "
    YOU NEVER GOT THE MEMO!?!?!? "
    When was this confirmed?! So I can go back and time and beat the shit out of myself for not being there!
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Daveyo520
    @Magiczipper82: A few months ago.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By PhatSeeJay

The movie is suppose to be taken lightly in general though, given the fact that Dr. Harding's role is incredibly minor there compared to the books.

But yes it's a bit unfortunate that they don't make him look a bit more like his movie counterpart. Though I suppose a mustache would have been enough in my book. 

In general I'm just really happy they decided to follow the story of Harding instead of some random "other guy" we've never heard of. I always did wonder what happened to this fella after he dropped off Dr. Sattler at the visitor's center.

Magiczipper82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Magiczipper82
    @PhatSeeJay: It's been a while since a read the book, but doesn't he die? or is that Wu?
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Daveyo520
    @PhatSeeJay: Well now we get to find out. Ya, the mustache is key. 
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Magiczipper82 said:
    " @PhatSeeJay: It's been a while since a read the book, but doesn't he die? or is that Wu? "
    He's attacked yes but as far as I can remember he survives.  Think the most notable difference between the two versions is that it's more clear what his responsibilities are, and he's the one tending to Dr. Malcolm's wounds when he becomes injured.
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Daveyo520
    @PhatSeeJay: Sadly Malcolm doesn't live in that version :(
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Daveyo520 said:
    " @PhatSeeJay: Sadly Malcolm doesn't live in that version :( "
    Neither did Hammond if my memory serves me well. :O
    bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bravetoaster

Does it matter if they look slightly different?

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Daveyo520
    @Axxol: Nope.
    @PhatSeeJay: Nope, combies killed him.
    AckbarTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By AckbarTheGreat
    @Daveyo520: The managed to revive Malcolm by the time of the second book.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Axxol said:
    " Does it matter if they look slightly different? "
    Nah. But we all know that a good stache is vital for survival!
    Magiczipper82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Magiczipper82
    @AckbarTheGreat:  Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of how they handled that.
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Daveyo520
    @AckbarTheGreat: I have not read the second book. 
    @PhatSeeJay said:
    " @Axxol said:
    " Does it matter if they look slightly different? "
    Nah. But we all know that a good stache is vital for survival! "
    Exactly :P
    Magiczipper82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Magiczipper82
    @Daveyo520: The second book sets up the story for the Lost World, but they use a ton of things from the second book for the Jurassic Park 3.  So basically, the second book was the foundation for both movies
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#21  Edited By jacksukeru

I once read through an abridged version of the first Jurassic Park book, I remember there being a rocket launcher in it at some point too, and a waterfall part like in...2, was it?

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Daveyo520
    @Magiczipper82: There are also things from the 1st book in the second movie like the giant aviary with the pterdactles. 
    Magiczipper82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Magiczipper82
    @Daveyo520: oh yeah. i forgot about that part. and the waterfall part, that was a pretty neat little spot in the first book
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Magiczipper82 said:

" @Daveyo520: The second book sets up the story for the Lost World, but they use a ton of things from the second book for the Jurassic Park 3.  So basically, the second book was the foundation for both movies "

But where did they get the idea of a T-Rex rampaging through the streets of San Diego? That was the most blatant deviation from source material I've ever seen... Until I saw Mario Bros. the Movie.
    ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By ColinWright

They obviously just couldn't get the rights.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FrankCanada97 said:
    " @Magiczipper82 said:
    " @Daveyo520: The second book sets up the story for the Lost World, but they use a ton of things from the second book for the Jurassic Park 3.  So basically, the second book was the foundation for both movies "
    But where did they get the idea for a T-Rex rampaging through the streets of San Diego? That was the most blatant deviation from source material I've ever seen... Until I saw Mario Bros. the Movie. "
    that was absolutely rediculous.  i think they were running out of ideas and one of the dudes though "hey!  why dont we make this like king kong where a giant animal walks through the city streets?  itll be awesome!  i bet everybody in the world had a dream like this!"  yeah as soon as i saw the Mario movie on tv i just turned it off and laughed about how stupid that movie was
    Magiczipper82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Magiczipper82
    @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
    " @FrankCanada97 said:
    " @Magiczipper82 said:
    But where did they get the idea for a T-Rex rampaging through the streets of San Diego? That was the most blatant deviation from source material I've ever seen... Until I saw Mario Bros. the Movie. "
    that was absolutely rediculous.  i think they were running out of ideas and one of the dudes though "hey!  why dont we make this like king kong where a giant animal walks through the city streets?  itll be awesome!  i bet everybody in the world had a dream like this!"  yeah as soon as i saw the Mario movie on tv i just turned it off and laughed about how stupid that movie was "
    When I first saw the movie it was before reading the books, and even then, I thought the San Diego incident was ridiculous.  After reading the book, I can't fathom why they included that. The book was good on its own, there was no need for that atrocious part.  But I will admit, I do like the mainland Jurassic Park idea. I thought it was an interesting little side thing. 
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By BBQBram

Sounds like I'm picking up the game and the book.

l3roken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By l3roken
    @Magiczipper82: I wish I could go back and be as surprised as you were right here over and over again.  My inner child screams in delight for April.
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By audiosnag
    @Magiczipper82 said:
    " @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
    " @FrankCanada97 said:
    " @Magiczipper82 said:
    that was absolutely rediculous.  i think they were running out of ideas and one of the dudes though "hey!  why dont we make this like king kong where a giant animal walks through the city streets?  itll be awesome!  i bet everybody in the world had a dream like this!"  yeah as soon as i saw the Mario movie on tv i just turned it off and laughed about how stupid that movie was "
    When I first saw the movie it was before reading the books, and even then, I thought the San Diego incident was ridiculous.  After reading the book, I can't fathom why they included that. The book was good on its own, there was no need for that atrocious part.  But I will admit, I do like the mainland Jurassic Park idea. I thought it was an interesting little side thing.  "
    That was all effing Spielberg. He knew it was the last Jurassic Park he was going to direct and he wanted to be the one to get the dinosaurs to the mainland. I lost a lot of respect for him after that movie. The Lost World book was really damn good and he basically said "Well, lets use some character and location names, and throw the rest out" It wasn't even close.
    I don't know what I hated more, the T-Rex getting to the mainland or Malcoms daughter killing a Raptor with a gymnastics routine. 
    Eff that movie. (can you tell i didn't like it?)
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ryanwho

Shaving off that mustache made him look 20 years younger.
    Magiczipper82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Magiczipper82
    @audiosnag said:
    " @Magiczipper82 said:
    " @FrankCanada97 said:
    " @Magiczipper82 said:
    When I first saw the movie it was before reading the books, and even then, I thought the San Diego incident was ridiculous.  After reading the book, I can't fathom why they included that. The book was good on its own, there was no need for that atrocious part.  But I will admit, I do like the mainland Jurassic Park idea. I thought it was an interesting little side thing.  "
    That was all effing Spielberg. He knew it was the last Jurassic Park he was going to direct and he wanted to be the one to get the dinosaurs to the mainland. I lost a lot of respect for him after that movie. The Lost World book was really damn good and he basically said "Well, lets use some character and location names, and throw the rest out" It wasn't even close. I don't know what I hated more, the T-Rex getting to the mainland or Malcoms daughter killing a Raptor with a gymnastics routine.  Eff that movie. (can you tell i didn't like it?) "
    Ah. is that why? Ok, it makes more sense now. Another thing, Malcolm's daughter. He didn't have a daughter. He hated kids, according to the books. The third movie was truer to The Lost World book than the movie of the same name. I wasn't aware that Spielberg was the one who screwed the movie over. It does make sense now though. You made your point very clear, sir. But I do have one question. Did you like the movie?
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By audiosnag
    @Magiczipper82 said:
    " @audiosnag said:
    " @Magiczipper82 said:
    " @FrankCanada97 said:
    " @Magiczipper82 said:
    That was all effing Spielberg. He knew it was the last Jurassic Park he was going to direct and he wanted to be the one to get the dinosaurs to the mainland. I lost a lot of respect for him after that movie. The Lost World book was really damn good and he basically said "Well, lets use some character and location names, and throw the rest out" It wasn't even close. I don't know what I hated more, the T-Rex getting to the mainland or Malcoms daughter killing a Raptor with a gymnastics routine.  Eff that movie. (can you tell i didn't like it?) "
    Ah. is that why? Ok, it makes more sense now. Another thing, Malcolm's daughter. He didn't have a daughter. He hated kids, according to the books. The third movie was truer to The Lost World book than the movie of the same name. I wasn't aware that Spielberg was the one who screwed the movie over. It does make sense now though. You made your point very clear, sir. But I do have one question. Did you like the movie? "
    Meh, it was alright. Alright for me to poop on.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Sorry for the bump. Need to kill the forum glitch in my Recently updated section.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.