Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Just Cause 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 23, 2010

Rico Rodriguez returns to explore another autocratic island nation in this explosion-laded followup to Just Cause.

Demo display help?

Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Eli

Hey guys, I downloaded the Just cause 2 demo and I'm having a bit of an issue. I got the 360 version and the display is a little messed up. It seems like it's in wide screen or something when it's not supposed to be.(black bars at the top and bottom of screen, stretched out picture, loading screen doesn't fit on my monitor) Take in mind, I'm using a monitor running at 1280x1024 resolution, and when I downloaded the Steam version of the demo...it looked fine. I toyed with the settings on the 360 and am still not sure what to do. Can anyone please help? Thanks.

Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Eli

Bump?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Azteck

Do you use a 4:3 TV? 'Cause the game's widescreen, and that's what's going to happen on a normal square one.

FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FartyMcNarly

Lots of 360 games are wide screen only, I'm surprised this is the first time you've noticed this.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By rjayb89
    @Eli said:

" 1280x1024 resolution"

Not a widescreen resolution, thus black bars.  I, too, am surprised you haven't seen this in other games, though it could be that it's the demo version and not the full game, reserve your problems until then.
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Coombs

I use a 32" SD TV  (Not WideScreen, duh)
    And I get no black bars playing the 360 version.  It's full screen,  And AWESOME.

Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Eli

Is there anyway I can take this off?(widescreen, black bars) Or do I have to change my settings to widescreen?

Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eli

Do you think in the retail product there will be an option to make it fit on my screen? Because switching my display on my console to widescreen is a pain in the ass and it still doesnt look quite right...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee489577a60c
    deactivated-5ee489577a60c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There are settings on the Xbox itself to display in widescreen that you can turn on.. but everything will look weird, since the game is supposed to display in widescreen but isn´t.

Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eli
    @toorima said:
    " There are settings on the Xbox itself to display in widescreen that you can turn on.. but everything will look weird, since the game is supposed to display in widescreen but isn´t. "
    I'm aware of this. I did it and it still looks strange. I wish it was in-game.
    Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Eli

Bump.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.