Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Just Cause 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Dec 01, 2015

Battle a dictator's forces in a fictional Mediterranean archipelago in this follow-up to the popular series from Avalanche Studios and Square-Enix.

Did they fix the framerate on PS4?

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoOzak

So the PS4 version of this on sale and i'm bored, I know the framerate was pretty bad initially (it was brought up in the review I think) but apparently the latest patch made it worse. Did they ever get around to fixing it? I know the load times are supposedly better but that's not much solace if the game plays like shit. (granted i've heard it's a pretty average game at best but like I said i'm bored)

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I heard that it didn't make it better but worse?

Is on the e3 sale so wondering about this too

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I can't speak to consoles, but the game is not great performing on PC even. So apologies if this post isn't helpful there. I actually think it's better gameplay wise than I was led to believe (the traversal with the wingsuit if you master it is really amazing stuff and the physics are so fun) but the progression with the required unlock system is a chore most times. They took the progression of Saints Row 1 in a lot of ways. The thing that sucks most about it is the upgrades are really good. Once you get upgrades you can do really cool new traversal stuff.

I'm not sure what the sale is for PSN, but I got it for $15 and that's a great price for this.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

It's not a good game, so even if they did fix it I wouldn't recommend it (if it's still on patch 1.03, they didn't fix it).

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played it for about 20 minutes on ps4 and thanked my lucky stars that I had simply borrowed that copy before getting it on PC. If it's worse than it was on day one then it is not worth playing at all, if it's somewhat improved I would say $30 is the ceiling on it.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played it for about 20 minutes on ps4 and thanked my lucky stars that I had simply borrowed that copy before getting it on PC. If it's worse than it was on day one then it is not worth playing at all, if it's somewhat improved I would say $30 is the ceiling on it.

ive been a console guy for a while so pc isnt an option sadly. but that also means that im half used to some framerate stuff . I just want it playable.

its 25 canadian right now (so like 20 usd)

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Near enough unplayable

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brotherbran said:

ive been a console guy for a while so pc isnt an option sadly. but that also means that im half used to some framerate stuff . I just want it playable.

its 25 canadian right now (so like 20 usd)

I got it on PC and it's still unplayable for me, frame rate isn't an issue, everything else is.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Wow, lots of negativity here. I have it on PC, so no frame rate issues for me, but just wanted to chime in and say I think the game's pretty fun. At least in the same way the second one was.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Quipido

Well shit, I just bought it on sale (PS4 - EU weekend deal) and am instantly regretting it, reading this old thread. That's what I deserve for impulse spending money like that I guess.

EDIT: yep, it's a total shit show on version 1.05

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

The current sale brought me here. Sounds like performance is still a shit show??

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sloppydetective: Yea, it's still awful. I just got this game this past Christmas and it can be close to unplayable in some of the more busy areas. I'm not sure how bad it was at launch but if it was worse than it is now, then that is a failed launch. Don't get me wrong, it's still a fun game but that makes it even more dissapointing/frustrating when it has these issues. Low frame rates typically don't bother me (I game on console) but this one was especially bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@ericjasonwade: I ended up buying it. I had money on my account from a gift card, so Soma and Just Cause got snagged from the PSN sale. That's a real bummer they were never able to address the real bad stuff. How are the load times now?

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ericjasonwade

@sloppydetective: They were perfectly fine in my experience. No more than 5-10 seconds at the most. Very surprising actually considering the size of the map. Like I said though, I think it's a good game it just has some technical hinderences that really hold it back. So I wouldn't regret getting it, just keep your expectations in check.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Man, I had a pretty fun time with it on Ps4, but after about 10 hours the framerate became so unbearably bad I had to stop. I had hoped they would patch it eventually, but alas, I never heard anything. It's really too bad, because I had a lot of fun with the game, but when the framerate consistently gets down in the teens I have to pass. Never could convince myself to get the Pc version.

Schnitzelkopf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://youtu.be/lVEHpJp5lAE

This guy fixed it by turning off the internet on his ps4 before starting the game.

The leaderboards were apparrently what messed up the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.