Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Just Cause 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Dec 01, 2015

Battle a dictator's forces in a fictional Mediterranean archipelago in this follow-up to the popular series from Avalanche Studios and Square-Enix.

This is five bucks on Steam right now

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Worth a flyer on it if you haven't picked it up yet, maybe. I started playing this last night and while it isn't a graphical showcase or anything, it seems fun enough for being the cost of a beer. I'm kind of shocked to see that this has been out for almost three years now; I seem to remember it coming out more recently than that. It's mildly wonky on PC; it runs fine but there's a weird delay at the main menu while it tries to log you into the online services. But hey: five bucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I found it to be a decent podcast game, but overall pretty disappointing. I still got like 10 fun hours out of it. The core mechanics were solid though so I'm hopeful the studio heard the feedback on progression and drops and will figure out a better balance and loop for the new one. $5 is definitely worth it even if you just glide around destroying bases for a few hours.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

$5 is a pretty good price for that. I found it to be a big step down over JC2 in terms of environment variety and structure (making most of the skill/player progression only occur in cordoned off challenges was a baffling design decision), but I got a good 20 hours of dumb timewastey fun out of it before burning out.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By OMGFather

I completed everything in the game except getting 5 gears on every challenge. Not sure how I managed it, the game isn't that great but I did enjoy just flying around the world. Make sure you get the Flying Fortress DLC especially for the new wingsuit

Definitely one to avoid if you're fatigued from the generic open world formula though.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

$5 is a great price.

Just Cause 3 has its ups and downs, but just zipcording/parachuting around liberating cities is a blast.

Take it as nothing more than that and it’s fantastic. Going deeper...well, sometimes less is more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.