Will you buy Killzone: Shadow Fall?

• 112 results
    Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Poll Will you buy Killzone: Shadow Fall? (403 votes)

Yes 65%
    No 36%

I'm gonna quote myself.

#14 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (1777 posts) - 3 months, 22 days ago

I would buy it.

Now that I looked at what I said, I think I would still buy it.

So! Hey guisse: You're buying a PS4. Are you buying Killzone: Shadow Fall? And if you do, will you play that multiplayer abunch? Thoughts?

• 
    bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

#51  Edited By bassman2112

I haven't played any Killzone games yet; but I'll probably give it a shot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

As much flack as Killzone receives it is probably my favorite franchise this generation, Killzone 2 is such a fresh experience in the Multiplayer department I easily put 150+ hours into it.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I hate that they're not going for a warish sepia tone now. I don't understand why people hate sepia in their games. I was so beautifully intimidating in Killzone2. Now gamers fucked it up by demanding Helghan to look like a fucking paradise.

Well, considering what happened to Helghan at the end of 3, there was only so much they could do there again. Going back to Vekta seems the most logical move.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Not day one (I have Battlefield 4) as I can only handle one FPS at the same time, but will probably get it while I'm waiting for inFamous.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By notdavid

The only two PS4 launch bundles that Amazon had left when I preordered (Out of the ones that included a year of PS+, anyway) were Killzone and Battlefield 4. If I play Battlefield at all it'll be on PC, so Killzone it was.

And I really liked Killzone 2. So hey. Maybe I'll dig it. Not touching the multiplayer, though. It's just not my thing.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Alright, so I have not played any Killzone games ever so I know nothing of the universe. Do you think I should play this game? I have a feeling I'm going to miss a lot of things and not understand what the hell is going on.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll play it, I don't play many shooters anymore, and I'll be excited to play whatever exclusives I can get my hands on, so yeah, I'll buy it.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By xyzygy

This franchise is pretty weak IMO. It seems like it's one of those franchises that just screams "Hey me too!". Played a bit of the first and second games and really nothing struck me at all, aside from the gorgeous graphics of the second.

So nah, probably never. In the back of my mind I'm thinking "Maybe I'll pick it up when it's cheap" but I know I will never get around to it because it's just pretty unimportant to me.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Probably not.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yes. I suck at multiplayer, but had a blast playing Killzone 2 online. I love how it switched from mode to mode. Now, did my teammates like me playing on their team? Probably not.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By fattony12000

Probably. A new shooty bang bang FPS to play on the launch day of a new generation of console? Seems about right to me.

Although I didn't play too many hours of it, I quite liked the multiplayer in Killzone 3.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#62  Edited By Humanity

I'll probably get it but not because of any interest n Killzone, or even playing it, but as a sort of barometer of "what have they done with this game to set it apart from the previous generation?" To be honest, the Killzone fiction is really interesting but the games themselves are incredibly boring (to me)

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Depends on how many games I can afford when I pick up the PS4. The three I'm interested in are Watch_Dogs, Knack, and Killzone, in that order.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends entirely on reviews. If they're great, I'll consider picking it up. Fair to middling to bad, I won't pick it up.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have both Killzone and Watch_Dogs pre ordered so I will be be getting it 100% now. I'm so ready for next gen, here's hoping the PS4 doesn't have any massive hardware issues.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#66  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Probably, unlike most I rather like the Killzone series, especially the first one that I think managed really well to contrast the drab sepia tone stuff against occasional colorful natural landscapes and parks. The central park stuff with the pink trees and leaves blowing around in the wind, contrasted against the burning city skyline in the background is still one of the most beautiful settings I saw on the PS2.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not going to get a PS4 at launch so unless it is a really great game and I buy it a year later or something probably not.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I would if it wasn't for Battlefield. I'm intrigued but BF multiplayer is the chaotic sort of thing I'd wanna play online. I may get it for the campaign if I'm caught up on my backlog.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By stonyman65

When I eventually get around to buying a next-gen console whenever that is (probably a year or so after launch) I'll probably pick it up sometime. I've played all the other Killzone games, and I really enjoyed Killzone 2. Killzone 1 and 3 not so much, but I'd be in for a new one assuming they don't fuck it up. That being said, I'm not really a console FPS play as I prefer to play first person games on a PC with a mouse and keyboard, so console FPSs aren't really high on my priority list. Same with next-gen consoles, too. I'd rather spend that $400 a new video card then a console at this point.

Edit: For some reason I'm posting double messages on the the site today. Sorry if it gets posted twice.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the high possibility of receiving PS4 as a holiday gift, I think a shiny FPS would do the trick for me, even if I was never that much into KZ 2 or 3.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Considering my watch dogs bundle just fell through I think Ill pick this one up in its place. I really enjoyed kill zone 3 and the premise of this game seems quite cool. Lastly kill zone has always had great multiplayer. Depending on the money situation as well as reviews, I may grab bf4 and AC as well.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By zaccheus

Yes. I really enjoyed KZ3. Both SP and MP. I actually played some MP yeasterday and it was still fun. I think the spawn system in Warzone was kind of broken though. If the other team got hold of the right spawn points you were basicly fucked if you played with random people. You could sneak in an take one, but you couldn't hold it on your own so it was kind of pointless. I'm happy to hear there is spawn beacons in SF. The support class sound really versatile overall which I'm happy with since I always play in that style. The three class system also seems well thought out at least on paper. Custom Warzones could give the game really long legs if it's done right. Those are obviously just ideas at this point, can't really know how it turns out. Also no weapon unlocks is a great thing.

@believer258 said:

If the word is that this is something of an unofficial successor to Crysis 1, then I'll have a copy of the game with the console when I buy it.

Absolutely not, it's going for a Crysis 2 type of thing. Larger, more open levels.

Edit: aaand I just realized that post was 3 months old. Totally missed the fact that there was two pages to this and someone just bumped it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Now that Watch Dogs has been delayed, I need another game to fill that spot. So probably.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By BoOzak

Yep, there isnt really much else. I'm not that excited about cross gen games. And if there's one thing you can rely on KZ for it's getting a lot out of the hardware. I also enjoyed Mercenary quite a bit, surprisingly. (I didnt think an FPS on a handheld would work that well, but it's pretty good)

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely, I'm a big fan of Killzone. It and Call of Duty are going to be my launch games. By far the best lineup for me personally for a console so far. Two games I'm genuinely excited for.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

After playing Killzone: Mercenary, absolutely. Gameplay-wise they got so many things right for both single and multiplayer, and I'm really hoping those ideas carry over to their newest title.

My favorite thing about multiplayer in Mercenary is that everyone is on equal ground, all guns are available to purchase right away, so you don't have some guy that's level 40 running around with gear you wish you had.

My favorite part about the single player are the contracts, after you beat a level you can replay it with one of three contracts. The contracts are checklists of things to do while you're replaying that level, such as; "Beat this level in 20 minutes, only using a pistol and getting at least 25 head shots while avoiding civilian casualties." The entire concept gave the single player campaign a huge boost in entertainment value.

matt_f606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm switching from 360 to PS4 and I'm looking forward to it. I've had tonnes of fun in Halo but I've never tried the KZ games. Also it's in my Amazon bundle.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Killzone 3 was probably my favourite multiplayer game of last generation, so yes its almost a system seller for me.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, at half price later on. Still have Killzone 2 and 3 in my backlog so no rush(yes I buy all the games I might want to play later on)

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe. I'm waiting for reviews first. If the story turns out to be as boring as the previous games then I probably won't bother.....Then again, I've been really wanting to play another CoD-like online FPS for a while now. The last time I did was back when Modern Warfare 2 came out.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure in two years when I buy a ps4 slim.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Already bought it. =)

I'm glad it has bots. Assassin's Creed 4 will take up most of my time while my wife watches, I'm going to launch Battlefield 4's multiplayer just when friends are over so show off, and Killzone's singleplayer will be touched probably in a month, but I'll get down in a bot match or two here and there.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By l4wd0g

It just arrived from Amazon. I'm waiting for the reviews to decided if I am going to return it or not.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I wasn't going to since I bought Battlefield for multiplayer. But the campaign looks super interesting, and Amazon gave me a free game, so I'm in and I'm ready.

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will. Not sure it's high on my list, but with Watch_Dogs moved back, KZ went on my buy list. I received my copy from Amazon today.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By flindip

Probably not at launch. I think I'll be satisfied with AC4 and BF 4. I kinda have a rule as to not play two shooters at a given time. It usually messes up how I play. Not to mention, usually with two shooters I always end up neglecting one irregardless of the quality. Since BF4 has(what seems) a far more robust Multiplayer; I think I'll just spend my time with that.

When I get tired of BF4 and Killzone goes down in price; I'll probably give it a whirl. Its probably going to be slim pickings anyways from launch window till summer.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#89  Edited By musubi

Yeah sure, If I get around to getting a PS4 before it goes on PS+ like we all know it will.

JesterArbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I will eventually get Killzone as I have enjoyed the series so far. I usually just play the single player portion although Killzone 2 gave me a few hours of fun. The shooters are a little crowded at launch so I might wait until this goes on sale and pick it up. Looks great though.

Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Sander

Not sure yet.

Will watch multiplayer videos to determine. If it's low latency like COD MW2/3, then I'm in.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Marcsman

I'm in

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#93  Edited By Sackmanjones

Already got it ready. Seems like a pretty decent launch game that looks purrty

Oh holy shit my membership ran out. Bummer......

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already have it. So yeah.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I've had it for about two weeks now, so I guess I am.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My PS4 should be in on launch day and I'm getting a digital copy of killzone since they gave me $10 for renewing my PS Plus and the $10 for day one purchase of the system so $40 for Killzone isn't bad.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By DonPixel

it looks like very boring, but very pretty

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn straight I am! Campaign is probably gonna be a bit disappointing (as they always are) with a wicked universe and premise but then bad writing and plot points.
    It will look pretty - it will have attractive set pieces - It will have that weighty feeling that i love (totally understand why some dont though) - and it will have the awesome space nazi oppression/cold war type setting that REALLY NEEDS THEM TO TAP IT AND USE THE POTENTIAL EVENTUALLY DAMMIT!

The multiplayer will hopefully be as good if not better than the last iterations, and once again everyone will ignore it and play COD.

Launch day title which looks pretty as balls, has an interesting setting and addicting multiplayer? along with a gameplay loop that suits my tastes?

Dont give a fuck if it aint the smartest of the bunch or the writing doesnt get me in 'the feels' - i'm all over that shit!

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Hell no.

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope! Not unless I hear some very positive buzz for this game, then I might pick up when I have a PS4 and when it's on sale for $10 or so.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.