Kinect, Name, love it or hate it?

#1 Posted by PufferFiz (1379 posts) -
#2 Posted by Tebbit (4465 posts) -

Hate it! Technically, I should have chosen C, because I don't have a 360, but DAMN that's crappy name.

#3 Posted by EdIsCool (1122 posts) -

I just liked Natal, its just a nice sounding word. And Project Natal sounded awesome.
Still its a shit product which hopefully will crash and burn.

#4 Posted by ProfessorEss (7376 posts) -

Would be nice if there was an option that was "I don't care" without all the "I was never gonna buy it anyways".

I haven't decided what I think about the actual product yet but, like most electronics, I couldn't care less what they name it.

#5 Posted by dies0rn (34 posts) -

At first i thought it sounds stupid but after some time I must say...
I like it - and I don't know why :D

#6 Posted by MiamiRedHawks (914 posts) -

The name is alright, I guess. None of the games that the GB crew outlined interest me at all. I do think it would be cool to swipe through menus to make selections on the dashboard though.

#7 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

Wave was the best sounding.

#8 Posted by ChickenPants (934 posts) -

I'm baffled as to how some people actually like it....

#9 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

C.

#10 Posted by ToadRunner (277 posts) -

The name is ok, but the thing itself is retarded.

Microsoft is desperately trying to steal from nintendo.

Kinect sports using your avatars. Totally original guys!

#11 Posted by carlthenimrod (1594 posts) -

The name is alright. I hated it at first but it's starting to grow on me. At least it isn't super generic like Wave.

#12 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

I think they are trying to make it sound like their dumbass phone. 

#13 Edited by Insectecutor (1186 posts) -

Dumb name. I get it, but it isn't clever. It has too many sharp consonants so it doesn't roll off the tongue, and people who don't get that it's the Greek prefix kine (meaning movement) portmanteau-ed with connect will just think it's a dumb ass way to spell connect.

However, what's in a name? It's all about the games. It's going to take some serious awesome to win me over though, I'm burned out on motion controls now.

#14 Posted by MikkaQ (10289 posts) -

Eh it's alright, the name gets across what it needs to, I guess, and that's enough for me. 

#15 Posted by chstupid (806 posts) -

I didn't think you could make a name stupider then Natal and then they did it.
#16 Posted by AndrewB (7617 posts) -

It's fine. Better than I was expecting, worse than I was hoping.

#17 Posted by Taka (201 posts) -

Hate it.

Also: there is no way anyone will call this thing Kinect, with a relatively established name like "Natal" flying around in the internet.

#18 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

couldN'T care less. Damn why does everyone do this? I think it's cause the world is trying to kill me... 

Anyways, since you made that mistake I cant pick that option. So I vote love it. 

#19 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

I think it's alright. Not interested in the product though. 

Phonetically they're both pretty good, but visually I think a Natal logo would have looked better than a Kinect logo.

#20 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11025 posts) -

Hate it.

#21 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5425 posts) -

D. I don't care what it is called but I will be getting it. Kinect is fine with me!

#22 Posted by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -

I picked C, but basically I am with the GB guys on this one. It isn't the best name ever... but it gets the job done. Natal wasn't a bad name because it was random. I'm sure they did enough market research to have a good idea what type of name to choose.

#23 Posted by Tomzombie (397 posts) -

kinetic energy  sounds better

#24 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -

Connect with your games with Kinect for X-Box 360 by Microsoft! 

I wonder how much you have to pay people to be so plastic.

#25 Posted by Jazz (2276 posts) -

I can see why they called it Kinect, but its stupid. 
So's Move...so its all the same really isn't it?

#26 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I just like the name Natal much better personally. I understand the "meaning" behind Kinect, but Natal just sounds infinitely more interesting.
But I'm not buying it anyway. I can't think of a time where I ever bought a peripheral, especially at the price I've been hearing about.

#27 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -

Interface with your computer with Innerface by Microsoft. 

Masticate some bacon with Mastercate by Microsoft. 

Blah blah blah with Blardyblah by Microsoft.

#28 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

I think it's a great name

#29 Posted by Daveyo520 (6761 posts) -

I think wave was a better name.

#30 Posted by BaconGames (3423 posts) -
@AndrewB said:
" It's fine. Better than I was expecting, worse than I was hoping. "
#31 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

Kinetic would've been a much better name I think, but even then, wasn't going to get one anyway.

#32 Posted by Tyrant1x (27 posts) -

When I first heard it this morning I hated it, now im fine with it somehow, its just been Natal for so long I feel weird calling it something else, I also keep typing Kinetic instead.

#33 Posted by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

Should've made it so that it could hang from the ceiling, track your movements from all degrees, be shaped like a halo and be called Halo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.