Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kinectimals

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 04, 2010

Kinectimals is a virtual pet game in which the player can interact with various breeds of wild cats, the player and the animal then embark on a quest to discover the secrets of the island.

This game looks amazing.

• 71 results
    mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By mrcellophane
    @Ragdrazi said:
    And there's the threat, folks. "
    fixed
    Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Ragdrazi
    @MrCellophane: I don't get it. To video games in general, or what?
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By SeriouslyNow

This game is Illuminati.  Triangles.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Ragdrazi

If I say this whole Illuminati thing is played out already, is that going to encourage people to do it more, or do it less?

MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By MayorFeedback

Played a little bit of this last night. A few things:

1. It's adorable
    2. The game is colorful and pretty, but the graphics are definitely not Pixar quality. Don't get your hopes up in that area. 
    3. It's way more of an actual game with a story than you'd expect.  
    4. It's adorable.

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By CoinMatze

I just watched Eurogamer's First 15 Minutes video of Kinectimals. I want that now. It's so fucking cute. I'm dying here that's how cute it is. When the panther sneezed at the camera... I can't describe it. It's so cute I wanna cuddle it to death. The only thing that's putting me off is Tinkerferret. 
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-04-kinectimals-review

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By CaptainObvious

Get some Skittles up in this bitch!

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#58  Edited By Catolf
    @Ignor:  That cheetah is totally stealing the spotlight XD
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By Addfwyn

Not sure I'd describe it as cute, some of those facial expressions look more like "I am going to follow you home and destroy everything you ever loved" as opposed to "Aww"

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I thought the game looked like a lot of fun.  I'm not sure it's something I'd really get into playing myself, but I know younger ones would really fall in love with it.  I was really blown away by the lack of maturity of the GiantBomb users during the live feed yesterday, who were completely writting the game off based on 20 minutes of the tutorial level.

I agree that it wasn't the most exciting game to watch somebody else play, but when did we reach the level of the Gametrailers video comments?

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By owl_of_minerva

I'm getting quite sick of the simplistic and inaccurate way the casual/hardcore distinction gets abused in discussions of these type of games. To my mind, a casual gamer is someone who plays few games and lacks basic knowledge of the hobby, whereas a 'hardcore' player would be someone willing to play a wide variety of genres and games as well as follow favoured franchises/developers/formal developments etc.
    If the only game you play is Call of Duty or whatever then you're almost as much of a casual as someone who plays Peggle or Bejeweled exclusively. There's nothing wrong with enjoying simplistic and cutesy games, just as they're nothing wrong with only playing bro games, although thinking they're the height of gaming is lol-worthy.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BBQBram
    @owl_of_minerva said:

" I'm getting quite sick of the simplistic and inaccurate way the casual/hardcore distinction gets abused in discussions of these type of games. To my mind, a casual gamer is someone who plays few games and lacks basic knowledge of the hobby, whereas a 'hardcore' player would be someone willing to play a wide variety of genres and games as well as follow favoured franchises/developers/formal developments etc.
    If the only game you play is Call of Duty or whatever then you're almost as much of a casual as someone who plays Peggle or Bejeweled exclusively. There's nothing wrong with enjoying simplistic and cutesy games, just as they're nothing wrong with only playing bro games, although thinking they're the height of gaming is lol-worthy. "

QFT!
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MikkaQ

It is pretty damn cute. To the point where I wouldn't buy it. I'd just.... throw up into my mouth if I played that more than a hour. Or drool all over my shirt or something going "D'awww"

TonyBlue87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TonyBlue87
    @owl_of_minerva said:
    " I'm getting quite sick of the simplistic and inaccurate way the casual/hardcore distinction gets abused in discussions of these type of games. To my mind, a casual gamer is someone who plays few games and lacks basic knowledge of the hobby, whereas a 'hardcore' player would be someone willing to play a wide variety of genres and games as well as follow favoured franchises/developers/formal developments etc.
    If the only game you play is Call of Duty or whatever then you're almost as much of a casual as someone who plays Peggle or Bejeweled exclusively. There's nothing wrong with enjoying simplistic and cutesy games, just as they're nothing wrong with only playing bro games, although thinking they're the height of gaming is lol-worthy. "
    Amen.
    Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Feanor

Why are you guys making such a big deal over a game meant for 5 year old girls?

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By Brians
    @Feanor: because it's awesome, and Siberian Tigers cubs approve. 

No Caption Provided
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Ghostiet
    @owl_of_minerva said:
    Apart from QFT et cetera, I would like to publicly confirm that Peggle and Bejeweled are absolutely tits.
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By zombie2011
    @Briguile said:
    " @Feanor: because it's awesome, and Siberian Tigers cubs approve. 

No Caption Provided
    "
    I can't stop staring at this picture. I have a feeling i'm gonna be one of those guys on the news that get caught having a Tiger as a pet.
    Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Brians
    @zombie2011:  that is my point not as cute as the kinectamal version but I say this as a guy in my 20's that thoroughly enjoyed viva pinata i'm gonna play the shit out of kinectamals
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By zombie2011
    @Briguile said:
    " @zombie2011:  that is my point not as cute as the kinectamal version but I say this as a guy in my 20's that thoroughly enjoyed viva pinata i'm gonna play the shit out of kinectamals "
    I'm with you buddy. My girlfriend want this game really bad, but i think i want it just as much as her. Not to mention there are way more cats then i thought there were, apparently you unlock a shit ton of different ones.  

I really want this game to sell gangbusters, because i want  Kinectimals 2 with Bear Cubs or Dogs and Wolves. I want a baby Polar Bear sooo much.
    Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Gargantuan

I think it looks interesting. I liked Viva Pinata so I think I might like this too. I'm probably going to buy kinect if I manage to get a job.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.