This game looks amazing.

• 71 results
#51 Posted by MrCellophane (524 posts) -
@Ragdrazi said:
And there's the threat, folks. "
fixed
#52 Edited by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@MrCellophane: I don't get it. To video games in general, or what?
#53 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

This game is Illuminati.  Triangles.

#54 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -

If I say this whole Illuminati thing is played out already, is that going to encourage people to do it more, or do it less?

#55 Posted by MayorFeedback (672 posts) -

Played a little bit of this last night. A few things:

1. It's adorable
2. The game is colorful and pretty, but the graphics are definitely not Pixar quality. Don't get your hopes up in that area. 
3. It's way more of an actual game with a story than you'd expect.  
4. It's adorable.

#56 Posted by CoinMatze (456 posts) -

I just watched Eurogamer's First 15 Minutes video of Kinectimals. I want that now. It's so fucking cute. I'm dying here that's how cute it is. When the panther sneezed at the camera... I can't describe it. It's so cute I wanna cuddle it to death. The only thing that's putting me off is Tinkerferret. 
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-04-kinectimals-review

#57 Posted by CaptainObvious (2981 posts) -

Get some Skittles up in this bitch!

#58 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@Ignor:  That cheetah is totally stealing the spotlight XD
#59 Posted by Addfwyn (1914 posts) -

Not sure I'd describe it as cute, some of those facial expressions look more like "I am going to follow you home and destroy everything you ever loved" as opposed to "Aww"

#60 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

I thought the game looked like a lot of fun.  I'm not sure it's something I'd really get into playing myself, but I know younger ones would really fall in love with it.  I was really blown away by the lack of maturity of the GiantBomb users during the live feed yesterday, who were completely writting the game off based on 20 minutes of the tutorial level.

I agree that it wasn't the most exciting game to watch somebody else play, but when did we reach the level of the Gametrailers video comments?

#61 Edited by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

I'm getting quite sick of the simplistic and inaccurate way the casual/hardcore distinction gets abused in discussions of these type of games. To my mind, a casual gamer is someone who plays few games and lacks basic knowledge of the hobby, whereas a 'hardcore' player would be someone willing to play a wide variety of genres and games as well as follow favoured franchises/developers/formal developments etc.
If the only game you play is Call of Duty or whatever then you're almost as much of a casual as someone who plays Peggle or Bejeweled exclusively. There's nothing wrong with enjoying simplistic and cutesy games, just as they're nothing wrong with only playing bro games, although thinking they're the height of gaming is lol-worthy.

#62 Edited by BBQBram (2165 posts) -
@owl_of_minerva said:

" I'm getting quite sick of the simplistic and inaccurate way the casual/hardcore distinction gets abused in discussions of these type of games. To my mind, a casual gamer is someone who plays few games and lacks basic knowledge of the hobby, whereas a 'hardcore' player would be someone willing to play a wide variety of genres and games as well as follow favoured franchises/developers/formal developments etc.
If the only game you play is Call of Duty or whatever then you're almost as much of a casual as someone who plays Peggle or Bejeweled exclusively. There's nothing wrong with enjoying simplistic and cutesy games, just as they're nothing wrong with only playing bro games, although thinking they're the height of gaming is lol-worthy. "

QFT!
#63 Posted by MikkaQ (10225 posts) -

It is pretty damn cute. To the point where I wouldn't buy it. I'd just.... throw up into my mouth if I played that more than a hour. Or drool all over my shirt or something going "D'awww"

#64 Posted by TonyBlue87 (290 posts) -
@owl_of_minerva said:
" I'm getting quite sick of the simplistic and inaccurate way the casual/hardcore distinction gets abused in discussions of these type of games. To my mind, a casual gamer is someone who plays few games and lacks basic knowledge of the hobby, whereas a 'hardcore' player would be someone willing to play a wide variety of genres and games as well as follow favoured franchises/developers/formal developments etc.
If the only game you play is Call of Duty or whatever then you're almost as much of a casual as someone who plays Peggle or Bejeweled exclusively. There's nothing wrong with enjoying simplistic and cutesy games, just as they're nothing wrong with only playing bro games, although thinking they're the height of gaming is lol-worthy. "
Amen.
#65 Posted by Feanor (1377 posts) -

Why are you guys making such a big deal over a game meant for 5 year old girls?

#66 Posted by Brians (1454 posts) -
@Feanor: because it's awesome, and Siberian Tigers cubs approve. 

#67 Posted by Ghostiet (5153 posts) -
@owl_of_minerva said:
Apart from QFT et cetera, I would like to publicly confirm that Peggle and Bejeweled are absolutely tits.
#68 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -
@Briguile said:
" @Feanor: because it's awesome, and Siberian Tigers cubs approve. 

"
I can't stop staring at this picture. I have a feeling i'm gonna be one of those guys on the news that get caught having a Tiger as a pet.
#69 Posted by Brians (1454 posts) -
@zombie2011:  that is my point not as cute as the kinectamal version but I say this as a guy in my 20's that thoroughly enjoyed viva pinata i'm gonna play the shit out of kinectamals
#70 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -
@Briguile said:
" @zombie2011:  that is my point not as cute as the kinectamal version but I say this as a guy in my 20's that thoroughly enjoyed viva pinata i'm gonna play the shit out of kinectamals "
I'm with you buddy. My girlfriend want this game really bad, but i think i want it just as much as her. Not to mention there are way more cats then i thought there were, apparently you unlock a shit ton of different ones.  

I really want this game to sell gangbusters, because i want  Kinectimals 2 with Bear Cubs or Dogs and Wolves. I want a baby Polar Bear sooo much.
#71 Posted by Gargantuan (1877 posts) -

I think it looks interesting. I liked Viva Pinata so I think I might like this too. I'm probably going to buy kinect if I manage to get a job.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.