Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

Why this game needs jump.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ares42

There's been some murmuring about the lack of jump in this game. While being able to hop around like a crazy rabbit is fun and all adding jump would add something that's sorely missed in the combat, Air combos. Now I'm sure there's a lot of people that don't like the super-crazy japanese style "hover forever" style combat, but even games like God of War and Darksiders had air combos to a certain degree. The game already has launchers and juggles so it's not like they aren't breaking the physics already. Adding air combos would imo add that extra layer to the combat that's sorely missing.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JonSmith

'k, good to know.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

I read "launchers and jiggles". Made me giggle.

...does anything rhyme with giggle?

Anyway, I do agree with you. I only played the demo and not the full thing, but the whole time I felt like a little hop every now and then would have been nice to do. Even a badly animated one.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I like this game a lot, but yeah, I would like this game more with jumping. I've seen the developers defend the decision to not have it, and that it isn't needed, but when I have to spend an extra 10-15 seconds walking around a ridge to reach a lower area because there isn't one of those jump boards there (also, jump boards, not the most immersive component in this game), the first thing I think is, "it would be really nice if I could just jump down there".

I feel like someone should have looked at Guild Wars and decided that while jumping isn't required, like bacon, jumping makes everything better.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rattle618

If you are playing with a controller you can jump just fine, I do it all the time. Kind of hard to do it if you are using the keyboard though.

On a more serious note... yes, I think the game would benefit from being able to jump, but it´s not a big deal for me.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By david3cm

I agree, I am enjoying the game but I think it could be improved with more fleshed out combat mechanics, and air juggles would be a blast.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ttocs

@david3cm said:

I agree, I am enjoying the game but I think it could be improved with more fleshed out combat mechanics, and air juggles would be a blast.

I think the combat mechanics are great. And there are air juggles in the game. You can pop enemies into the air and then shoot them with bows and slash at them. It's not Mortal Kombat style juggling, but you can get a few extra hits in and if you are really good, finish some enemies before they hit the ground.

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By ComradeKhan
    @believer258 said:

I read "launchers and jiggles". Made me giggle.

...does anything rhyme with giggle?

Wiggle

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.