Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

wierd input bug

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ares42

So I've been playing for a few hours and everything was fine, but suddenly I started having an issue trying to loot/activate stuff. Just tapping A doesn't work anymore, I have to hold the button in for about a second before it actually does anything. There's nothing wrong with my controller though, as tapping A to sprint works fine. Anyone experienced anything like this ?

Also, I cannot for the life of me get a hang of the dispelling. Had no issues when I tried the demo, but now there seems to be some major delay. The few times I've actually managed it the circle has just barely reached the last rune when I hit it. If I try to hit it when the circle is actually over the rune it just fails.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ttocs

I've found some odd input issues as well too. For instance, on the dialogue wheel, sometimes it takes 2 presses to choose which option I want. I don't know if I'm just pressing it too early or what but that seems to be most prevalent with me.

And as for dispelling, I'm right there with you. I tend to avoid those bastards because the curse you get just isn't worth it. I'll stick to lockpicking.

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By fini_fly

@ttocs said:

I've found some odd input issues as well too. For instance, on the dialogue wheel, sometimes it takes 2 presses to choose which option I want. I don't know if I'm just pressing it too early or what but that seems to be most prevalent with me.

And as for dispelling, I'm right there with you. I tend to avoid those bastards because the curse you get just isn't worth it. I'll stick to lockpicking.

I'm getting the same thing with the wheel dialogues. It's unfortunate, but hopefully it can be patched.

Blind_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Blind_Evil

I think I've had the same issue with doors. If you save and load again it has fixed the problem for me.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By TheHT

I'm having similar problems with combos. Used to be able to to the staff 3-hit just fine, but once I got the charge attack it's like I've got to mash the button 5 times to pull off the third attack.

Could just be my old generic mouse though.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By kerse

Combat is fine for me but when it comes to looting and pressing a to go into a run its super bad, I'm at the point where I'm mashing the a button until that stuff happens, then I end up looting all instead of adding to the junk folder which brings me to the next problem selling stuff out of my inventory takes like 5 seconds at least per thing I sell, it just like locks up when i press the button to sell on every item.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.