Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 14, 2010

Kirby's first console outing since Kirby Air Ride sees our lovable pink hero using the power of magical yarn, rather than his usual inhaling abilities, to explore a world made of arts and crafts.

Not in Europe/AU 'till 2011, what gives?

Icadae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Icadae
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Yeah, Nintendo tend to do this a lot with their releases..

We are at least getting Donkey Kong next month and Golden Sun in December.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Azteck

Man, that's bad. Screw that

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Vanek

It kinda pisses me off because I saw the quick look and really wanted it.  Every now and then it's nice to play a simple, but pretty game.  By the time it actually comes out in the UK I'll likely have forgotten about it completely.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Vorbis

It was considered too violent, they need to remove the gore and nudity.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Vanek said:
    "It kinda pisses me off because I saw the quick look and really wanted it.  Every now and then it's nice to play a simple, but pretty game.  By the time it actually comes out in the UK I'll likely have forgotten about it completely. "

It does seem pretty silly to stagger the releases like this and miss all the hype coming from the internet communities.  I was interested in the game, but midway through watching the QuickLook, I loaded up Amazon to pre-order it.. Only to find it's not coming out here anytime soon.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ch13696

Couldn't you guys import it? If not then stick it the man and mod that console. Then you can import it.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By dbz1995

That is messed up. Seriously. I don't have a Wii, but that is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in my life. Stupid stupid stupid.

Until Epic Yarn comes out the UK will remain a depressed country.

Icadae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Icadae
    @ch13696 said:
    " Couldn't you guys import it? If not then stick it the man and mod that console. Then you can import it. "
    Wii's are region locked sadly, so no importing. Would'a been alot easier if it had been a PS release >.> 

And the modding option is out of the question, at least for me, but that is one way to do it. Saw some of a Let's Play from a guy who had a Japanese version.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ch13696
    @Icadae said:
    " @ch13696 said:
    " Couldn't you guys import it? If not then stick it the man and mod that console. Then you can import it. "
    Wii's are region locked sadly, so no importing. Would'a been alot easier if it had been a PS release >.>  And the modding option is out of the question, at least for me, but that is one way to do it. Saw some of a Let's Play from a guy who had a Japanese version. "
    I can understand if you have some moral obligation to stick with unmodded consoles. But, if you want to play the game now, then why not. Nintendo hasn't cracked down on modded consoles like Microsoft did.
    Icadae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Icadae
    @ch13696: There's several reasons why modding is out of the question. The foremost being that I'm pretty much done with piracy and the likes (Well the occational streaming of series is a guily pleasure but I don't own a/or watch TV) and that I'm considering it as a combined christmas/birthday present, and the person in question doesn't have the technical know-how to work a modded console, much less get the games for it (which would mean a 24/7 job for me) 

Not that Nintendo is short of money despite the amount of hacked DS's for that matter. 

I'm just baffled as to why they would delay it. Can't imagine it's because of censurship or translation. Could be they're localizing it, which usually puts the thing back months, but they should at least come up with a UK/US version beforehand.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

Is there ever a good reason why Nintendo do this? They're pretty much the only real offenders of this these days.

MegaGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By MegaGoat

It's being held back to make way for DKCR launch

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Kjellm87

As long as we get it at all, I'm fine. 
    Games that I want but get released anywhere but here on the other hand makes me rage sometimes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.