Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Koji Igarashi

Person » credited in 34 games

Koji Igarashi is a Japanese developer who is best known for taking the Castlevania series from level-based platform games to the "Metroidvania" style of gameplay. He also created the seminal Tokimeki Memorial series of dating sims. He is often credited as IGA in his games.

Koji Igarashi leaves Konami, plans to open his own studio.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/17/castlevania-producer-koji-igarashi-leaves-konami

Koji Igarashi, best known for his work on Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, has left Konami. His last day at the Japanese developer was Saturday, March 15. The producer departed the studio with intent to open a new development studio. "I've decided to break out on my own to have the freedom to make the kind of games I really want to make -- the same kind I think fans of my past games want as well," Igarashi told IGN. "Leaving Konami was a big decision, and not one I took lightly – I’ve spent my entire career there, made many friends, and had a lot of great opportunities – but I hope all the gamers and fans who have supported me in the past will join me in being excited about what comes next. Wish me luck!"

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I had a feeling something was up with him. Really a shame, guy's brilliant but they never seem to let him make his games.

For all you who didn't, PLAY CASTLEVANIA ORDER OF ECCLESIA. It rarely gets mentioned but its the final IGA Castlevania game and it's brilliant. I know Jeff and Brad on the podcast seemed to think that all the IGA Castlevania games were like Dawn of Sorrow but Order of Ecclesia is a quite a bit different and a fantastic game in its own right.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Maybe I should play a Castlevania game...

Was his first Castlevania game Symphony of the Night?

Palmlykta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He finally escaped huh... ;)

I'm up for a kickstarted Not-Castlevania game.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

@nightriff said:

Was his first Castlevania game Symphony of the Night?

The first one he had anything to do with was Rondo of Blood, but he probably wasn't very heavily involved as he's just under "Special Thanks" in the credits.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Finally, Igarashi is free. It just sucks that Konami had to let MercurySteam take a steaming dump on Castlevania before doing everything they could to murder it in the process.

edsone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I just wish him well. Not easy at all leaving a more stable job at Konami. Hoping to hear from him soon. This might be for the best.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By crithon

sigh, really wish to hear his story on what it's like to work on some of those PS2 Castlevania games and why he's better on portable.

the man made the best games in the world, and Order of Ecclesia was phenomenal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.