Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Fort Knox Gaming

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee02708d2a83
    deactivated-5ee02708d2a83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

What is it with game developers? Take, for instance, Rockstar. They announced L.A. Noire in 2006 (I think). I was very excited for that game. That was when I was 16. Another good example is AGENT. I don't own a PS3, but the game sounds interesting. Now it's been six months and all we know is that it's an espionage game from the Cold War era. NOTHING ELSE. I'm fine with the whole teaser idea, but after six months, new information should come out. Four years is unacceptable. For a big dev like Rockstar, it's not a problem. Any game that they release is going to be bursting at the seams with hype. But for some of the less-successful ones, such as Deep Silver, people forget about the game. When it finally does come around, people stop for a second and say, "They actually made that game?" So come on; for the true gamers, the ones that really want to hear about your next epic, put out some info. For those interested, however, Rockstar claims to finally be shedding light on L.A. Noire this February.  
           Not that anyone is actually reading this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is it with game developers? Take, for instance, Rockstar. They announced L.A. Noire in 2006 (I think). I was very excited for that game. That was when I was 16. Another good example is AGENT. I don't own a PS3, but the game sounds interesting. Now it's been six months and all we know is that it's an espionage game from the Cold War era. NOTHING ELSE. I'm fine with the whole teaser idea, but after six months, new information should come out. Four years is unacceptable. For a big dev like Rockstar, it's not a problem. Any game that they release is going to be bursting at the seams with hype. But for some of the less-successful ones, such as Deep Silver, people forget about the game. When it finally does come around, people stop for a second and say, "They actually made that game?" So come on; for the true gamers, the ones that really want to hear about your next epic, put out some info. For those interested, however, Rockstar claims to finally be shedding light on L.A. Noire this February.  
           Not that anyone is actually reading this.

deadly_polo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By deadly_polo

I'm reading this, and agree that it sucks how companies refuse to give out information, but it is all just about gaining maximum exposure with their announcements. And to be honest they did release a trailer in 06, which hasn't really been expanded upon. 

Now the news is that the March Game Informer cover will be LA Noire, business prevails with a sizable amount of money being handed over. I would expect the real coverage (GB gets some action) to only start in April though, with hands on previews at E3.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zombie2011
    @24Carrot: They announced that L.A. Noire is no longer a PS3 exclusive, so you can get it for 360 when it comes out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I saw read that GI article around six times when I got it. I've been waiting for that article for four years. 
     By the way, I'm stoked that people are actually reading my stuff. Thanks guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.