Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

What movies to watch in order to warm up for this game ?

• 87 results
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I watched L.A. Confidential 2 days ago and im watching Chinatown right now.. noir films are effing amazing.  
     what other noir movies are you gonna watch before L.A. Noire is out ?

Edit: i managed to find some of the movies suggested in this thread. i've seen Scarlet Street and Sunset Boulevard - really good 'vintage' movie making !
    The Maltese Falcon next

I implore L.A. Noire enthusiasts to get their noir film on!
    BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By BaneFireLord

Maybe some more classic noire flicks, The Third Man or some Hitchcock.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

Sunset Boulevard, In a Lonely Place, etc.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

The Untouchables.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By GeekDown

Maltese Falcon.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Dany
    @Abyssfull
    The Untouchables.
    Wasn't that bootlegging 1930's
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee
    @Dany said:
    " @Abyssfull
    The Untouchables.
    Wasn't that bootlegging 1930's "
    No idea. Been a while since I've seen it, though that's what came to mind when I thought up movies that resemble L.A Noire in some way.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @BaneFireLord said:
    " Maybe some more classic noire flicks, The Third Man or some Hitchcock. "
    ive never seen a Hitchcock movie.. im ashamed of myself. recommend some ? 

@Abyssfull said:
    " @Dany said:
    " @Abyssfull
    The Untouchables.
    Wasn't that bootlegging 1930's "
    No idea. Been a while since I've seen it, though that's what came to mind when I thought up movies that resemble L.A Noire in some way. "

thats what came to my mind when i first heard of LA Noire too ! The Untouchables is a great 'those days' movies. see, i dont really care whether it was the 30s or 40s or 50s, those 2-3 decades feel the same 
    BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BaneFireLord
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @BaneFireLord said:
    " Maybe some more classic noire flicks, The Third Man or some Hitchcock. "
    ive never seen a Hitchcock movie.. im ashamed of myself. recommend some ? 

While not a police procedure-centric story, Strangers on a Train is a great thriller.

@GeekDown said:
    " Maltese Falcon. "
    This, a thousand times.
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By kishan6

Hot tub Time Machine

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fjordson

The Third Man
    The Maltese Falcon
    The Big Sleep
    Sunset Boulevard
    The Lady From Shanghai
    Touch of Evil
    Scarlet Street

DrBeardface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DrBeardface

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.

austinmiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By austinmiller

How about "The Black Dahlia" ?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ryanwho

This movie is a procedural thriller in the 50s. Its not really noire. None of the lighting is noire because shadows are hard to do and they're showing off the face tech. LA Confidential isn't noir, while we're at it. Maybe school yourself on what actually qualifies as noire before moving ahead. Its tied intrinsically to a style of lighting not present in this game.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @ryanwho said:
    " Maybe school yourself on what actually qualifies as noire before moving ahead. "
    actually i like sounding a bit ignorant when i talk about things to spite perfectionalists like yourself who want everybody to look everything up before they speak in order not to make any mistakes. i want to be occasionally naive or ignorant or misinformed because we are imperfect people who make mistakes. 
    apparently you spent half your life sitting with books around you reading and 'schooling yourself' about everything, and look where it got you. you're nothing but a bitter grumpy (and if i may, dickish) git
    ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ninjakiller

Mulholland Falls

I can't believe nobody said that one yet.   

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fjordson
    @ryanwho said:
    " This movie is a procedural thriller in the 50s. Its not really noire. None of the lighting is noire because shadows are hard to do and they're showing off the face tech. LA Confidential isn't noir, while we're at it. Maybe school yourself on what actually qualifies as noire before moving ahead. Its tied intrinsically to a style of lighting not present in this game. "
    Incorrect.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ryanwho
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    " Maybe school yourself on what actually qualifies as noire before moving ahead. "
    actually i like sounding a bit ignorant when i talk about things to spite perfectionalists like yourself who want everybody to look everything up before they speak in order not to make any mistakes. i want to be occasionally naive or ignorant or misinformed because we are imperfect people who make mistakes. apparently you spent half your life sitting with books around you reading and 'schooling yourself' about everything, and look where it got you. you're nothing but a bitter grumpy (and if i may, dickish) git "
    Resenting people with knowledge, huh. See you at the tea party rally, soldier. 
    Anyhow, as for not noire movies that this game looks an awful more like than noire movies, I'd say The Usual Suspects and Seven are a good place to start. Because if those movies were set in the 50s and had men with silly hats, goobers like ^^^^ would call them noire. The Zodiak Killer is probably a lot less theatrical than this game will get but that's a solid flick. And it takes place in the 70s. Hey that's almost the fifties, I guess that means its almost noire.  
    M is considered a classic for starting a lot of trends, and it has film's first serial killer. Certainly worth a look. Again, not noire, but there are hats and it is black and white. 
    For a point of reference, Sunset Boulevard is the quintessential noire film and there's nary a single flatfood or cigar smoking investigator in the whole movie. Its lighting, guys. Lighting and narration. But that's beside the point, because the films with the most in common with this game are not noire.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @ninjakiller said:
    "  Mulholland Falls       I can't believe nobody said that one yet.    "
    and looking at your avatar, you should've also said The Big Lebowski ! its considered a comedy noir film right ?
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fjordson
    @ryanwho said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    actually i like sounding a bit ignorant when i talk about things to spite perfectionalists like yourself who want everybody to look everything up before they speak in order not to make any mistakes. i want to be occasionally naive or ignorant or misinformed because we are imperfect people who make mistakes. apparently you spent half your life sitting with books around you reading and 'schooling yourself' about everything, and look where it got you. you're nothing but a bitter grumpy (and if i may, dickish) git "
    Resenting people with knowledge, huh. "
    Your knowledge on the subject isn't correct, though.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @ryanwho said:
    "  as for not noire movies that this game looks an awful more like than noire movies, I'd say The Usual Suspects and Seven are a good place to start. Because if those movies were set in the 50s and had men with silly hats, goobers like ^^^^ would call them noire. The Zodiak Killer is probably a lot less theatrical than this game will get but that's a solid flick. And it takes place in the 70s. Hey that's almost the fifties, I guess that means its almost noire.  M is considered a classic for starting a lot of trends, and it has film's first serial killer. Certainly worth a look. Again, not noire, but there are hats and it is black and white. For a point of reference, Sunset Boulevard is the quintessential noire film and there's nary a single flatfood or cigar smoking investigator in the whole movie. Its lighting, guys. Lighting and narration. But that's beside the point, because the films with the most in common with this game are not noire. "
    i see. are you saying that its a common mistake people make when they confuse  '50s + crime investigations' with 'actual' noir movies which are all about lighting and narration ? (which is a definition that makes sense to me since noir films came from france and the french love a good movie full of shades and dark alleys and a calm voice narrating and shit) 
    ok so in order for me to see your point, can you name a few 'actual' noir films so i can see the difference between them and movies which are mistaken for noir ? 

also, i dont resent people with knowledge. i resent people with knowledge who demand that everyone be as knowledgeable as they are or else they dont deserve their respect or something.  like being misinformed or wrong is such a disgraceful sin..
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ryanwho
    @Fjordson: But it is. Lighting is intrinsic to noir, and noir itself is a negligible genre because it requires something so specific. That's why "thriller" is a more commonly used term. They're not interchangable. This game lacks that lighting and those camera angles, this isn't noir.  Plenty of movies have those same themes, and not the lighting or the angles or the narration. They're called thrillers, and sometimes neo-noir, which is a completely negligible term that Amed would love that because he can just guess what it is since there's no solid definition. Think of it more like a movement, like Dogme 95. Noire is more a movement than a genre because it only partly deals with theme and largely deals with how its shot, where most genres deal exclusively with theme.
    "but yer wrong" 
    Well this has been a compelling discussion, but let's move on. You don't have to throw a temper every time someone corrects you or you'll be angry all the time guys.
    eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By eskimo
    @ryanwho: no, no no, please stop. Nothing worse than an ignorant person behaving arrogantly.
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#24  Edited By donutfever

Paul Blart: Mall Cop.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Rockdalf
    @ryanwho said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    Anyhow, as for not noire movies that this game looks an awful more like than noire movies, I'd say The Usual Suspects and Seven are a good place to start. Because if those movies were set in the 50s and had men with silly hats, goobers like ^^^^ would call them noire. The Zodiak Killer is probably a lot less theatrical than this game will get but that's a solid flick. And it takes place in the 70s. Hey that's almost the fifties, I guess that means its almost noire.  M is considered a classic for starting a lot of trends, and it has film's first serial killer. Certainly worth a look. Again, not noire, but there are hats and it is black and white. For a point of reference, Sunset Boulevard is the quintessential noire film and there's nary a single flatfood or cigar smoking investigator in the whole movie. Its lighting, guys. Lighting and narration. But that's beside the point, because the films with the most in common with this game are not noire. "
    Maybe you could pull this stick out of your ass and realize you're capable of fallacy as well. 

I don't think the Noire is referencing the visual element of Noir film but the noir category of detective fiction which did start in the 30's with Raymond Chandler, which obviously fits the bill much more.  Also, I don't think he was resenting you for you knowledge just the fact that you throw it around like it makes you a superior being when he was saying it just makes you more cynical and bitter.  This would seem to be his mistake as it's obvious you're not knowledgeable on this matter and probably others that you throw your faux-intellectual asshat into the ring of, you're just a bitter cynic.  Yes, I have qualified myself on Noir, just finished an entire class on detective fiction and focused my finals paper on the connections of Batman and Rorschach to hardboiled characters like Phillip Marlowe.
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By fjordson
    @ryanwho: Again, incorrect. Obviously the classic lighting and visual style in some of the films that you've mentioned are a part of it, but it extends beyond that. Way beyond that. There's a thematic and emotional element as well. I thought the same as you when I took my first film noir class at film school and my professor laughed in my face. Type "define: film noir" in Google and look at the first result.

"A movie that is marked by a mood of pessimism, fatalism, menace, and cynical characters."

That definition is one that's been driven home by every professor and film scholar I know. To think of it simply in terms of lighting is an incredibly shortsighted way of looking at the genre. Not to mention there is a whole slew of films considered "neo-noir" that aren't in black and white at all. And what about novels considered noir? Books don't have lighting last time I checked.

You should probably get your information correct the next time you try and correct someone.

(Though this entire discussion is somewhat undermined by the fact that it's still up for debate by many as to whether or not noir is even a real genre)
    gloomytangent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gloomytangent
    @ryanwho: You seriously don't know what the fuck you're talking about. While some film scholars are hard liners who say that you need the hard shadows of black and white for it to qualify as film noir, most people accept noir overall as a genre. If you want to split it down the middle you have classic noir, like the Maltese Falcon, A Touch of Evil (which is in my opinion hilarious for casting Charlton Heston as a Mexican) etc., and then neo-noir films such as LA Confidential, Brick, and even Blade Runner. However, they're both arguably subsets of a larger film noir genre. 
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ryanwho
    @Rockdalf said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    Anyhow, as for not noire movies that this game looks an awful more like than noire movies, I'd say The Usual Suspects and Seven are a good place to start. Because if those movies were set in the 50s and had men with silly hats, goobers like ^^^^ would call them noire. The Zodiak Killer is probably a lot less theatrical than this game will get but that's a solid flick. And it takes place in the 70s. Hey that's almost the fifties, I guess that means its almost noire.  M is considered a classic for starting a lot of trends, and it has film's first serial killer. Certainly worth a look. Again, not noire, but there are hats and it is black and white. For a point of reference, Sunset Boulevard is the quintessential noire film and there's nary a single flatfood or cigar smoking investigator in the whole movie. Its lighting, guys. Lighting and narration. But that's beside the point, because the films with the most in common with this game are not noire. "
    Maybe you could pull this stick out of your ass and realize you're capable of fallacy as well.  I don't think the Noire is referencing the visual element of Noir film but the noir category of detective fiction which did start in the 30's with Raymond Chandler, which obviously fits the bill much more.  Also, I don't think he was resenting you for you knowledge just the fact that you throw it around like it makes you a superior being when he was saying it just makes you more cynical and bitter.  This would seem to be his mistake as it's obvious you're not knowledgeable on this matter and probably others that you throw your faux-intellectual asshat into the ring of, you're just a bitter cynic.  Yes, I have qualified myself on Noir, just finished an entire class on detective fiction and focused my finals paper on the connections of Batman and Rorschach to hardboiled characters like Phillip Marlowe. "
    Detective fiction is detective fiction, it precedes the noire movement (which is a film movement) by decades. At this point I could just copypasta from wiki but that's not the point. The point seems to be you guys have issues being corrected and now you're throwing names around. We could have just gone "oh some clarification" and moved along. Everything has to be drama around here. Im sorry what you "feel" like noire is doesn't align with what this game appears to be, but plenty of movies that aren't noire have a lot in common with this game and I thought the point of the thread was movies that have shit in common with the game. He can google "film noire" to just get a list of actual noire, but that list wouldn't have Usual Suspects or Zodiak Killer on it.
    HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HaltIamReptar

As it's Rock Star, watch any old noir film and you'll have the whole game spoiled.

Also, Ryanwho.  You're my favorite.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#30  Edited By benpack

Third Man and Maltese Falcon.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ryanwho
    @GloomyTangent said:

" @ryanwho: You seriously don't know what the fuck you're talking about. While some film scholars are hard liners who say that you need the hard shadows of black and white for it to qualify as film noir, most people accept noir overall as a genre. If you want to split it down the middle you have classic noir, like the Maltese Falcon, A Touch of Evil (which is in my opinion hilarious for casting Charlton Heston as a Mexican) etc., and then neo-noir films such as LA Confidential, Brick, and even Blade Runner. However, they're both arguably subsets of a larger film noir genre.  "

So I'm completely wrong about something that's commonly argued? I feel like you're just being extra angry to fit in with the other pitchfork wielders, bro. I can't be completely wrong about something you just admitted is completely debatable. Nothing you said was incorrect, but you need to ask yourself why you have such a huge attitude with me over such a small distinction. Other people clearly don't know what they're talking about and they're just getting red in the face because that's how they handle being corrected, but you actually know some shit. You don't need to stoop to their level. As you said, people make a distinction between proper film noire and neo noir and I'm one of them. I don't think something cartoonish like Give Em Hell Malone is part of the film noir umbrella, its part of the film noir caricature so I'd call it neo noire if anything. Neo noire is so negligable because anything that's not pure noire can basically be categorized there. The Man Who Wasn't There, that's a modern film noire. Brick is neo noire. That's the distinction I make. This game takes place in a period where people happened to make a lot of film noir, but it was just the modern period when those films were being made. So the time period is not, not, intrinsic to the genre. It could take place in 2300ad. But some people seem to think anything that happens apon this time period can fit into film noire, that's all I was correcting.
    blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By blackbird415
    @kishan6 said:
    " Hot tub Time Machine "
    hahahahahaha yes
    strangone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By strangone
    @ryanwho: 
    If you're gonna try and present yourself as an authority on what is or isn't film noir then you should at least make sure you're spelling it correctly.
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By fjordson
    @ryanwho said:
    " So I'm completely wrong about something that's commonly argued? I feel like you're just being extra angry to fit in with the other pitchfork wielders, bro. I can't be completely wrong about something you just admitted is completely debatable. Nothing you said was incorrect, but you need to ask yourself why you have such a huge attitude with me over such a small distinction. Other people clearly don't know what they're talking about and they're just getting red in the face because that's how they handle being corrected, but you actually know some shit. You don't need to stoop to their level. "
    And you handle being corrected by simply not responding? Well played.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @ryanwho:  dude its pretty simple: you always sound condescending and you tell people to 'school themselves'. how are people NOT gonna have an attitude with you ? if you want people's replies to be nice, stop throwing your 'knowledge' at us like you're infallible
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By Rockdalf
    @ryanwho said:

" @Rockdalf said:

" @ryanwho said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    Maybe you could pull this stick out of your ass and realize you're capable of fallacy as well.  I don't think the Noire is referencing the visual element of Noir film but the noir category of detective fiction which did start in the 30's with Raymond Chandler, which obviously fits the bill much more.  Also, I don't think he was resenting you for you knowledge just the fact that you throw it around like it makes you a superior being when he was saying it just makes you more cynical and bitter.  This would seem to be his mistake as it's obvious you're not knowledgeable on this matter and probably others that you throw your faux-intellectual asshat into the ring of, you're just a bitter cynic.  Yes, I have qualified myself on Noir, just finished an entire class on detective fiction and focused my finals paper on the connections of Batman and Rorschach to hardboiled characters like Phillip Marlowe. "
    Detective fiction is detective fiction, it precedes the noire movement (which is a film movement) by decades. At this point I could just copypasta from wiki but that's not the point. The point seems to be you guys have issues being corrected and now you're throwing names around. We could have just gone "oh some clarification" and moved along. Everything has to be drama around here. Im sorry what you "feel" like noire is doesn't align with what this game appears to be, but plenty of movies that aren't noire have a lot in common with this game and I thought the point of the thread was movies that have shit in common with the game. He can google "film noire" to just get a list of actual noire, but that list wouldn't have Usual Suspects or Zodiak Killer on it. "
    God damnit if you don't just miss the point time and time again.  This isn't film noire.  It's Noire fiction.  A Noire story is an actual sub-genre of detective fiction.  Yes, it precedes the noire film because the film is based off it.  Case in point, "The Maltese Falcon" cited as the first of the film genre is based on the novel by Dashiell Hammett in (gasp) 1931, the start of noir fiction.  Get your head out of your ass and then procede towards the door before you try to correct people on a matter that people obviously know more about than you.  We get it, you were being a pompous asshat and you got called out.  Concede and walk away.
    beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By beej
    @ryanwho said:

but you need to ask yourself why you have such a huge attitude with me over such a small distinction. Other people clearly don't know what they're talking about and they're just getting red in the face because that's how they handle being corrected,   

@ryanwho said: 

Maybe school yourself on what actually qualifies as noire before moving ahead. 

Or maybe people are getting upset because you're treating them like idiots for falling onto one side of a debate. A debate that you just admitted has room on both sides. 
    gloomytangent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By gloomytangent
    @ryanwho: I reacted the way I did because you're stating things as fact handed down from the right hand of god himself when they're not fact at all. Reading your responses gave me douchechills. And while it's arguable (as most things in art are, particularly genre distinctions) you have the minority viewpoint. What I was trying to get across (and admittedly didn't very well) was that you shouldn't be acting as though your viewpoint is the only one out there, when in fact the vast majority of film scholars would disagree with your grouping. 
    HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HaltIamReptar

This thread is fun.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @HaltIamReptar said:
    " As it's Rock Star, watch any old noir film and you'll have the whole game spoiled.  "
    i.. dont follow? 
    watching a dozen of western flicks before RDR didnt spoil it for me
    robocopswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By robocopswitch

Watch Fincher's Zodiac. Not really noir, but very good, and one of LA Noire's  trailers reminded me of Zodiac.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By fjordson
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @HaltIamReptar said:
    " As it's Rock Star, watch any old noir film and you'll have the whole game spoiled.  "
    i.. dont follow? watching a dozen of western flicks before RDR didnt spoil it for me "
    I believe he's making an attempt at comedy and saying Rockstar is incapable of coming up with an original story.
    HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HaltIamReptar
    @Fjordson said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @HaltIamReptar said:
    i.. dont follow? watching a dozen of western flicks before RDR didnt spoil it for me "
    I believe he's making an attempt at comedy and saying Rockstar is incapable of coming up with an original story. "
    Not comedy at all.  Just being an asshole.
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By Gabriel

Chinatown's sequel The Two Jakes is allright, it's not as good as Chinatown and it's a little far from regular Noir but I still like it.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By fjordson

Almost forgot to mention Fritz Lang's "M". Very cool movie.

RoujinX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RoujinX
    @ryanwho:
    Jesus Christ, you're an asshole.
    nixatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By nixatron

sunset boulevard maybe?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ryanwho

Hollywoodland is a solid film and Ben, I can't stand him normally, he really made it work. Its a (very dramatically embellished) retelling of the investigation into the death of the actor who played Superman in the old black and white TV show. Just speaking of recent flicks, The Ghost Writer had a bit of the classic mystery sensibility, where a writer comes in to replace a man who died from an alleged suicide in finishing the memiors of a high profile politician then finds out a few things he probably shouldn't have. It takes some really strange turns.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By fjordson
    @Ahmad_Metallic: Yep. 

But to get back on topic, R* has actually started a "Rockstar Recommends" feature relating to L.A. Noire. Keep an eye out on their newswire since it says they'll be continually doing it over the next few months. They've already posted two, "Detour" and "Scarlet Street". Both are quality films.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/13201/rockstar-recommends-scarlet-street.html

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/12811/rockstar-recommends-detour.html
    ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ninjakiller
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @ninjakiller said:
    "  Mulholland Falls       I can't believe nobody said that one yet.    "
    and looking at your avatar, you should've also said The Big Lebowski ! its considered a comedy noir film right ? "
     durrrrrrrrr

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.