Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

League of Legends: Season 1 championship on right now June 18th

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#1  Edited By Kidavenger
    Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Vexxan

Shit, that's a lot of viewers.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kidavenger

Can't change the title, but this event is going on till Monday.

Matches today were pretty good, looking forward to more tomorrow.

Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
    ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ChickenPants

I was really into LoL for about a month but fell out because I didn't really have anyone to play with and plus the community is horrible.
    Still fun to watch though... think it's ridiculous how there's still only 1 viable map. The game has been out for nearly 2 years now.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By raviolisumo

@ChickenPants: Chicken Pants me and some of my irl friends play all the time. Send me a PM on here if you'd like to play.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By CheapPoison

Pretty impressive numbers.

I must say, i kinda see why people find it strange that there is only 1 viable map.
    But i guess there is just little room for innovation map cause of the balance issues it might bring.
    If they make more it will almost certainly will be another 5v5 map... But then yo ucan't make that too different, mabye a bit smaller or bigger.
    Although i might be totally of i am not part of the dev team so who knows.

Also i don't care too much for new maps anymore, If i see how Twisted tree line is ignored by most of the playerbase...
    Or how it at least seems that way. I can kinda see why they wouldn't be too quick to release another map which is then basicly ignore.
    And in this game a map can change so much so i bet they'll just test the hell out of it.

ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ChickenPants
    @Wes899: Appreciate the offer man. I've kind of moved on though, waiting to see if there are any changes for season 2 to get me back in. Thank you though!
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Demyx
    @ChickenPants said:
    @Wes899: Appreciate the offer man. I've kind of moved on though, waiting to see if there are any changes for season 2 to get me back in. Thank you though!
    Possibly a new map, graphics update, champion remakes. And possibly other surprises, hopefully.
    CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CaptainCody
    @ChickenPants said:
    I was really into LoL for about a month but fell out because I didn't really have anyone to play with and plus the community is horrible. Still fun to watch though... think it's ridiculous how there's still only 1 viable map. The game has been out for nearly 2 years now.

This was pretty much me after some of my friends fell out as well.
    Baws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Baws

I've been watching this today and yesterday and it's impressive to see what they do and how well they work together...

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By valrog
    @CheapPoison: I played Twisted Treeline almost exclusively. Its imbalance frustrated me so much that I've stopped playing.
    LinusPauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LinusPauling

I've been playing quite a bit since it was released. I'm not great, but I play it daily and enjoy putting on a stream here and there. I was really rooting for TSM, but they got stomped in that third round. Since they still have a chance, I'm crossing my fingers. Its a surprisingly well produced affair! I keep making comparisons to TNT and happy hour. "If only Vinny and Drew were behind the scenes," I keep thinking. I will definitely watch the rest tomorrow.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By ReyGitano

I've played some Starcraft 2 and HoN and don't even care enough to watch people play those games. Nice that people watch these sort of things, but it's also a bit strange that some of the people I do know who watch don't even play themselves as much anymore.

Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Buck

Hell yeah! Last finals coming soon, being at dreamhack makes it extra awesome :D Hopefully I will manage to stay awake for another 14 hours.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By ajamafalous

Shame Riot never got their shit together about adding a pause function and have garnered a lot of (deserved) hate because of it now.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kidavenger

The championship match is starting in an hour from now.

There have been a few major blowouts today, hopefully the final will have a few good matches.

ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ChickenPants

Over 200,000 people watching the final now.

@ajamafalous said:

Shame Riot never got their shit together about adding a pause function and have garnered a lot of (deserved) hate because of it now.

Pause function?
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ajamafalous
    @ChickenPants said:
    Over 200,000 people watching the final now.

@ajamafalous said:

Pause function?
    The first match between Epik Gaming and Fnatic was decided because Westrice from EG, who was playing Vayne, EG's AD carry, disconnected for 3 minutes toward the beginning, missing a triple kill opportunity, and allowing Fnatic to take complete control and stomp the rest of the game. The game's been out two years and there's STILL no pause or replay function. Even HoN launched with a vote pause which is used fairly often in tournament play for DCs. 

Riot has squandered a lot of their good will in the community now, and if they want to earn it back they better get on their shit about at least adding a pause.
    Baws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Baws
    @ajamafalous: It wouldn't have made a difference, Westrice was already behind when he timed out. 
    And xPeke (from fnatic) wasn't even xPeke, wewillfailer replaced him that day because xPeke missed his flight. I'm not saying EG is a bad team, but Fnatic is just better and they deserved to win the tournament and that match.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Baws said:
    @ajamafalous: It wouldn't have made a difference, Westrice was already behind when he timed out. And xPeke (from fnatic) wasn't even xPeke, wewillfailer replaced him that day because xPeke missed his flight. I'm not saying EG is a bad team, but Fnatic is just better and they deserved to win the tournament and that match.
    That'd be like if a (pick your sport) player got injured and, instead of stopping the game to let him get off the field, they just played around him while the medical staff tended to him. I don't follow competitive League closely enough to have any bias toward any teams so I'm not here complaining that my favorite team got robbed or anything. I just think it's ridiculous that this tournament match was decided because of a DC, and it would seem that a majority of the internet agrees.
    Baws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Baws
    @ajamafalous: I agree that the game should've been stopped, I thought you were just ranting that EG "IS THE BEST TEAM AND THEY SHOULD'VE WON RAWRARWRAWRAWR!!!".  
    Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Jaktajj

They state squarely in the rules that D/C's that happen after 5 minutes are game on. Teams will also tend to play sportsmanshiplike and not destroy towers/gank while they're D/Ced.

Edit: Also, anyone with the slightest clue as to what's going on can understand that Westrice's D/C honestly didn't make a difference to the fact that they were getting out played. 'The majority of the internet agreeing that it cost them the game' are just trying to cause shit. They were beaten fair and square and on top of that they had a D/C - it just wasn't their match. Plain and simple.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ajamafalous
    @el_tajij said:

They state squarely in the rules that D/C's that happen after 5 minutes are game on. Teams will also tend to play sportsmanshiplike and not destroy towers/gank while they're D/Ced.

Edit: Also, anyone with the slightest clue as to what's going on can understand that Westrice's D/C honestly didn't make a difference to the fact that they were getting out played. 'The majority of the internet agreeing that it cost them the game' are just trying to cause shit. They were beaten fair and square and on top of that they had a D/C - it just wasn't their match. Plain and simple.

I'm aware of what the rules say. There are also rules in place that state that the ref can force all players to either stay in a neutral zone and farm until the person reconnects, or can force everyone to b to base until the person reconnects, but Marcou said they don't use those rules because "players don't like those rules." 

The bottom line is that there would be zero controversy or hate toward Riot if there was a simple pause function, something that should've been implemented years ago.
    Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Jaktajj

@ajamafalous: I'm not denying a pause function would be great. The point of the whole 'Westrice D/C' thing is that to be honest, it didn't make a difference, they were getting outplayed on every front. In theory - yes it was unfair if both of the teams were on a level playing field, but Fnatic were so far ahead of the rest of the whole competition it was painfully obvious. I think people like to use the 'Oooo but Westrice got disconnected' to try use against Fnatic, but in truth - Fnatic's team play was so far above EG, they wouldn't have been able to win.

Was it honestly a surprise to anyone that Fnatic won the whole competition?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.