Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Damn quitters! Get off my lawn, you worthless sacks of.....!!!!!!

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By crusnchill

Yeah so who thinks we should get a legitimate petition going to send to valve, so that they setup a punish system for quitting a game.
    I'm sick of it!

"They turk our jurbs!"

It just gets fucking stupid after a while.

Maybe a rating system so that people who leave get rated by everyone in the match at the end of it when everybody's back in the lobby.

The lower the rating out of 5 stars the better an idea of what a player is like for everybody when that specific person joins a new lobby.
    It needs to be displayed right below there name in the lobby so everybody knows when to kick said person or not.

Granted these systems are never fool proof but let's also be honest, how many people actually go out of there way just to rate someone badly? In the grand scheme of things, not that badly.

What do you guys think? What would be better? Also would you guys put a vote in for this system?

EDIT: There also needs to be a warning everytime new players login on Left 4 Dead 1& 2 at the start menu for the first few times.
    Saying something like. "Please note, that general preference of other players whilst you're playing Left 4 dead and Left 4 dead 2 online is for you to use an Xbox 360 headset to communicate and enhance the experience both for you and the other players on your team will have, if you don't choose to, they may choose to penalize you by kicking you from lobbies. We apologies for any frustration this may... Blah, blah, blah."

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By crusnchill

Seriously. No one gets fed up of quitters in L4D2? No one at all?

ZzzleapyGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ZzzleapyGuy

Sure, I get kinda fed up about quitters, especially since it´s always my teammates that quit. (In Versus)
    Haven´t played all that much campaign to really get annoyed at them but I probably will soon enough.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By JokerClown88

You have to remember that a good versus match lasts at least an hour and a half to two hours.  Thats a damn long time to be sitting in front of the TV, PC, or what have you.  Campaign there is no excuse though.
    the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By the8bitNacho

Honestly?  I just avoid playing this game with anyone that isn't a real-life acquaintance.

Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Kombat said:
    " Honestly?  I just avoid playing this game with anyone that isn't a real-life acquaintance. "
    This is pretty much the answer to all of your questions on the subject of douchebaggery in L4D2.
    Valve is just trying to make players go outside to find real friends and convince them to become basement dwellers.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ch13696

But it all goes the same for all multiplayer games. You're just gonna have to get used to it.

lukeissxc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lukeissxc

People quit all the time when i play but someone usually fills their spot so its no big deal. Although i always kick split screeners and no mics because they usually quit pretty fast.

cokecan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cokecan

The problem I find with split screeners is that they just focus on the two of them and ignore the other two players. Pisses me off

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crusnchill
    @lukeissxc: Yes, but the problem is the new guy/girl is normally even more of a moron than than the previous person that quit out.
    Oh well... That's the curse and great thing about the L4D series. Great with friends, ok to really annoying with annonymous people.

Although I've found Giantbombers to be quite fun, and they stick around more.
    crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By crusnchill
    @Tarsier: Totaly agree, I leave too in those cases, as that isn't a game, it's a travesty, lol.
    Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Meltac

The problem is, the voting system could easily be abused.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By thebeast

I'm sorry if I have other engagements to attend to, yet enjoy playing a quick game of L4D. 

Don't get wound up by other people, enjoy what you can and relax.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.