Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

It's all about the little things...

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By TheMustacheHero

Having only played the demo and the actual game for a day ( See here for explanation). I've got a limited opinion on the game, but have noticed some things that kind of shed some light on why the game was made in a year.

First thing I noticed in the game that was different: No legs. MY LEGS ARE GONE! I believe it was only in the PC version of L4D that had it, but in the first game you could look down and see your character's legs, like Halo 2 and 3. Now while you might not say that's necessarily a problem, but for a sequel having something like that taken out, it's just very disappointing.

Second thing is how many problems me and other people are having with installation issues and crashes to desktop.  Again, obviously not a problem for 360 players, but a big deal to me. Why would they release a game and not even have the installation issues fixed? Surely, they had installed the game on their own computers right?!

Last thing for now...AI. The AI was great in L4D they would help you up, strafe the tank, not startle the witch and actually pick up weapons and items when you wanted them to. With L4D2, well...they're just retarded. They can't do anything right! They choose melee weapons over any gun, leading to their deaths when trying to melee the tank and they don't pick up "better" weapons. They'd rather stick with their Silenced Uzis than pick up an AK-47. Lastly, they don't even pickup medkits. I was in a safe room and everyone had green health and a medkit, except for the one bot, Rochelle. There was an extra medkit and I press "Z" (AKA the "Look" command) so many times my Z key stopped working and that dang bot would not budge! In L4D, when you do that the bot comes running over to grab it! 

Valve, I am disappoint.

TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Having only played the demo and the actual game for a day ( See here for explanation). I've got a limited opinion on the game, but have noticed some things that kind of shed some light on why the game was made in a year.

First thing I noticed in the game that was different: No legs. MY LEGS ARE GONE! I believe it was only in the PC version of L4D that had it, but in the first game you could look down and see your character's legs, like Halo 2 and 3. Now while you might not say that's necessarily a problem, but for a sequel having something like that taken out, it's just very disappointing.

Second thing is how many problems me and other people are having with installation issues and crashes to desktop.  Again, obviously not a problem for 360 players, but a big deal to me. Why would they release a game and not even have the installation issues fixed? Surely, they had installed the game on their own computers right?!

Last thing for now...AI. The AI was great in L4D they would help you up, strafe the tank, not startle the witch and actually pick up weapons and items when you wanted them to. With L4D2, well...they're just retarded. They can't do anything right! They choose melee weapons over any gun, leading to their deaths when trying to melee the tank and they don't pick up "better" weapons. They'd rather stick with their Silenced Uzis than pick up an AK-47. Lastly, they don't even pickup medkits. I was in a safe room and everyone had green health and a medkit, except for the one bot, Rochelle. There was an extra medkit and I press "Z" (AKA the "Look" command) so many times my Z key stopped working and that dang bot would not budge! In L4D, when you do that the bot comes running over to grab it! 

Valve, I am disappoint.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

what the hell happened? seems like you're having a terrible experience. sucks to hear that. 

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Brunchies

Wow, sounds like you really had a disappointing experience with the game. That's defiantly never good when a game comes out with bad AI or installation bugs.

taccyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By taccyp
    @TheMustacheHero said:

A lot of people complain about not being able to see the character's legs, which I've always found odd. I've never felt compelled to look down and stare at my legs. It seems like a non-issue to me.

Also, don't play with bots. They were god-awful in L4D and they are the same in L4D2. Worthless on any difficulty above normal.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By turbomonkey138

I play both . I see them as the same game .

Spiral_Stars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By Spiral_Stars

I was promised Chicago Ted! WHERE IS MY CHICAGO TED!??

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Red12b

I am disappoint  

Very Nice! 

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hitchenson

Why would you ever play L4D with bots? That just seems pointless.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By natetodamax

MustacheHero is disappoint!

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Absurd

I'm having a blast with the game. No Installation errors and No Crashes for me.

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Edin899

Yeah, seeing the legs in a game is kinda awesome, when i started up mw2 i looked down straight away
    SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SolemnOaf

Oh man, here I am coming to the defense of L4D2.  Talk about your nightmare scenarios.  I have to say though, you're completely wrong about the AI having not been improved.  Bots in L4D2 will now explore to find healing items on their own, will use pills at half health instead of waiting until they're in the red, and their pathfinding is even improved considered the more complex level lay-outs.  I've even noticed an order-of-heirarchy of sorts with regards to the distribution of healing items, usually Rochelle will take first dibs for some reason I just can't fathom.  There's still situations where bots will stand 5 feet away looking in the other direction while a jockey tears your head off, but they happen less often than a bot in L4D1 would just stand there twitching right next to a player getting smoked to death. 

I think you people give bots the wrong reputation.  I'd rather have a team of bots at my side than most players I've experienced, you just have to learn their behavior patterns and adapt to their strengths and weaknesses.  They're more accurate than most players tend to be, they'll never pepper you with friendly fire, and they'll always be right next to you, which can be both a bad and good thing.  I could say with certainty that I was more competant than L4D's bots, but in a straight-up versus against a L4D2 bot I'd probably have to resort to cheap tatics that could out-wit its AI in order to win against it.

Avatar image for thelegendofluke
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

Dude, what? 

I've played hella l4d on both 360 and PC and the AI is retarded as shit.  
    I would honestly be better off playing with 5 year olds. When they inevitably lost attention and fucked off, they'd still be more use than Louis...

TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Tarsier said:
    " The game is great and surpassed my expectations. You need to play it properly. Get a game of versus going with 8 people with mics and you will realize the greatness that is Left 4 Dead. "
    Erm. I suggest you click the link that says "see here for explanation".
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Whisperkill

I just feel like it is unpolished. One can definatley tell it was made in a year.... im pretty dissapointed as I thought I was going to be playing this a lot.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By mikemcn

I want my Legs damn it, this is why i got MW2, which i suppose doesn't have legs either, but it doesn't matter in that game.
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CowMuffins
    @SolemnOaf said:
    "I've even noticed an order-of-heirarchy of sorts with regards to the distribution of healing items, usually Rochelle will take first dibs for some reason I just can't fathom"
    Females in both games were healed first. Women are the only way you are going to re-populate, so they should be kept alive.

And, the AI in L4D is terrible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.