Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Mutations

Avatar image for thelegendofluke
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

When the DLC arrived, I was fully expecting a small(er) campaign and to meet the original survivors.  

What I was not expecting was the new Mutation mode. I thought I would at least see what it was.  

Realism Versus. Great I thought, 2 parts of the game I'm terrible at. Thanks Valve. I jumped in anyway, because I paid for the content, so I might as well give it a go. I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed it much more than versus by itself.  

And then I saw that Valve mentioned a campaign only using chainsaws, which sounds awesome. Personally, I will be checking out each new mutation. How do you feel about the Mutation mode. What would you like to see as a mode? My friend wants a zombies vs zombies mode, imagine a jockey riding another jockey. What about a kind of survival mode, where you play as a normal infected instead? You have to shamble away from the bloodthirsty survivors for as long as you can.  

I can't wait for this evening to find out what the next one will be. 

Edit: The fuck? Why did this get posted in General Discussion?

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DCFGS3

There's a bug Duder, puts everything in General Discussion. Naturally you're talking about L4D2, which I never picked up (or L4D1 for that matter), but I may if it ever goes on the cheap.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By HellBrendy

Mutations has some reallly awesome possibilities! Really looking forward to see what Valve and us players can cook up over time, and I do hope they now and then actually release the best ones as additional normal game modes. 

Avatar image for thelegendofluke
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

Apparently there will be a monthly vote and the best one will return for another week. I agree that eventually though, the best ones should get released full time.

fubucious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fubucious

yes i agree the best one should but how long will it take to get them to run them when they cant even release one on time each week.
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Ryax
    @DCFGS3 said:
    " There's a bug Duder, puts everything in General Discussion. Naturally you're talking about L4D2, which I never picked up (or L4D1 for that matter), but I may if it ever goes on the cheap. "
    its 30 bucks on pc. was 20 just recently.  

i havent gotten to do much mutations yet im kinda trying to avoid realism versus
    DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By DCFGS3
    @Ryax said:
    " @DCFGS3 said:
    " There's a bug Duder, puts everything in General Discussion. Naturally you're talking about L4D2, which I never picked up (or L4D1 for that matter), but I may if it ever goes on the cheap. "
    its 30 bucks on pc. was 20 just recently.   i havent gotten to do much mutations yet im kinda trying to avoid realism versus "
    I'm also in Australia, so is the steam version censored?
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ajamafalous
    @fubucious said:
    " yes i agree the best one should but how long will it take to get them to run them when they cant even release one on time each week. "
    Expecting Valve to be on time with anything is foolish.
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Ryax
    @DCFGS3 said:

" @Ryax said:

" @DCFGS3 said:
    its 30 bucks on pc. was 20 just recently.   i havent gotten to do much mutations yet im kinda trying to avoid realism versus "
    I'm also in Australia, so is the steam version censored? "
    i just googled it and it looks like it is. that sucks! that basically defeats the purpose of playing it. can an american gift the american version and it not be censored in aus?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.