Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

Left 4 Dead: PC hacks?

dwakley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dwakley

I play with a group of guys who are always complaining that people are cheating with hacks when playing Vs mode in  Left 4 Dead PC version. My question to you is  how much of this thats actually going on? Do you ever cheat in a game? Why would you cheat in a game? How secure are the L4D servers?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pause422

I've ran into a hacker twice the entire time I've played L4D and thats it, and the one I know got their steam acc banned. There's barely any on that you'll run into.

dwakley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dwakley

I'm glad to see not alot of people have not been having a problem with this. 

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Gregomasta

I was playing some vs today, our team was getting whooped on and of my teammates messaged me that one of the opposite team's players were getting illegal shots though the walls, doubt it tho.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond

I've had problems with hackers in PC games over the years sometimes.  Some of it was blatant stuff like aimbots and wallhacks, other was just glitch stuff like getting below the concrete in the omaha beach level of Battlefield 1942.  Console games get these 'exploit' hacks sometimes too.  Xbox 1 had real cheats as well because that system was majorly hacked.

I've seen screenshots of L4D with different cheats enabled, but I don't know if a newer version of VAC might have wiped it out or what.  Most every PC game has hacks available, but since VAC, Punkbuster and all other cheat protection is catching up, hacks have to advance too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.