Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Legacy of Kain

Franchise »

Set in the mythical realm of Nosgoth, the Legacy of Kain franchise follows the tragic tale of the vampire Kain as he tries to fulfill his destiny as Nosgoth's savior. The gameplay involves action and puzzle-solving elements.

The Legacy of The Legacy of Kain, Part 1: Greetings and Mission

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

Edited By Arkthemaniac

Hello, all you Giant and not-so-Giant Bombers out there (don't be ashamed, you're among friends)! 

So, if you know me, then you may know that I've had some gripes with this generation of game consoles. The HD systems' games are too expensive and half the time aren't too engaging, while the Wii, fresh as it is in design, doesn't really have a steady stream of content to play. Now, I'm a college student. If there's two things I don't have, it's time or money. However, it's now summer, which means I have all the time in the world. Not all the money in the world, but still. I felt that this was a good time to visit games that I had missed over the past two generations. 

And, of course, sink more time into Morrowind. But anyways, Legacy of Kain. 

Legacy of Kain was a series of games that always intrigued me. I only ever played two games in the series (Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance), and I felt so lost in the story that I didn't at all have the drive to keep playing. However, I always loved the character of Raziel, in design and concept, but I couldn't follow the story, which meant I couldn't follow the gameplay. So, I didn't. Until now. After moving to Chicago, I found an old game store entitled People Play Games. I went there with some of my friends to look around and, sure enough, sitting on the shelf is Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, both for the PSX, each for 8 bucks. I bought them in a heartbeat, and so my quest began. Seeing as how I already owned Defiance (stole it from a friend who I'm now actually living with), I only needed Soul Reaver 2 and Blood Omen 2. It tool a few days and 12 dollars more, and I had at my fingertips the entire Legacy of Kain. 

This was my quest. To complete the Legacy of Kain, and to document my findings: explain where the series has been, and where it could go, since the story certainly isn't over. Upon this time I have beaten Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, and am close to finishing Soul Reaver. How I divide these blogs is something I'm still planning, but I guarantee it to yield an interesting read, especially if you, like me, have ever wondered about this prestigious franchise, but never got to play it for yourself. 

Anyways, that's all I got for now. Stay tuned for part 2, where I may hit both PSX games. I already have a lot of things to talk about!

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Hello, all you Giant and not-so-Giant Bombers out there (don't be ashamed, you're among friends)! 

So, if you know me, then you may know that I've had some gripes with this generation of game consoles. The HD systems' games are too expensive and half the time aren't too engaging, while the Wii, fresh as it is in design, doesn't really have a steady stream of content to play. Now, I'm a college student. If there's two things I don't have, it's time or money. However, it's now summer, which means I have all the time in the world. Not all the money in the world, but still. I felt that this was a good time to visit games that I had missed over the past two generations. 

And, of course, sink more time into Morrowind. But anyways, Legacy of Kain. 

Legacy of Kain was a series of games that always intrigued me. I only ever played two games in the series (Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance), and I felt so lost in the story that I didn't at all have the drive to keep playing. However, I always loved the character of Raziel, in design and concept, but I couldn't follow the story, which meant I couldn't follow the gameplay. So, I didn't. Until now. After moving to Chicago, I found an old game store entitled People Play Games. I went there with some of my friends to look around and, sure enough, sitting on the shelf is Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, both for the PSX, each for 8 bucks. I bought them in a heartbeat, and so my quest began. Seeing as how I already owned Defiance (stole it from a friend who I'm now actually living with), I only needed Soul Reaver 2 and Blood Omen 2. It tool a few days and 12 dollars more, and I had at my fingertips the entire Legacy of Kain. 

This was my quest. To complete the Legacy of Kain, and to document my findings: explain where the series has been, and where it could go, since the story certainly isn't over. Upon this time I have beaten Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, and am close to finishing Soul Reaver. How I divide these blogs is something I'm still planning, but I guarantee it to yield an interesting read, especially if you, like me, have ever wondered about this prestigious franchise, but never got to play it for yourself. 

Anyways, that's all I got for now. Stay tuned for part 2, where I may hit both PSX games. I already have a lot of things to talk about!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.