Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LGBT

Concept »

An umbrella term for any sexual orientation or gender identity that is not straight.

Getting picky over details

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoG

"The character Kanji from Persona 4 also makes strides not only as being openly gay, but also as one of the games main heros."

Is he really? I recall him saying "I'm not like that!" several times over the course of the game, not to mention the constant hints that he had a thing for Naoto. Anyone want to argue?
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I think the whole thing is open to interpretation. Honestly, I don't think he's gay.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

Kanji was never openly gay. He seemed to be confused about his own sexuality, which could mean he's bisexual, but there's no confirmation either way. I think any reference to Kanji's sexual orientation should be left as unclear, or just straight.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Milkman

Oh man. From the picture alone, I can't wait for Jeff and Vinny to get to this guy.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BoG

Alright, I removed it. Whoever added that detail, if you want, you could probably discuss the homosexual references that are very prominent in the game. Chie, Yukiko, Kanjo, and Naoto all hinted at the possibility, though they ultimately were heterosexuals. Also, the themes in Persona 2 and 3 could also be added. While in 3 there was only that NPC who loved Mitsuru, I believe one of the main characters in 2 was actually gay.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.