Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Liberation Maiden

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 04, 2012

As Shoko Ozoro, President of New Japan, players must pilot a futuristic mech suit in order to assault the vile enemy who took control of Japan and suppressed the will of the people.

It's a shame for left-handers

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By EarlessShrimp

After downloading this game I went into the settings to hopefully set-up the game for a left handed style of play. Unfortunately, it looks like you're forced into holding the stylus with the right hand and using the analog stick to move around. My problem is, being left-handed, is that I have real trouble maneuvering the ship and holding the stylus awkwardly in my right hand. Just thought I ought to give a heads up to all the left handed 3DS users out there that this is, in fact, not left hand friendly...

melodiousj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By melodiousj

Wish I'd read this post a couple hours ago. :(

I wonder if they still make those little thumb-gloves, might be worth investing if this problem keeps coming up.

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By liako21

is this game basically flying mech kid icarus?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrKlorox

Seems like Nintendo dropped the ball with the whole ambidextrous philosophy after the Wii came out. I can't help but think devs would be more mindful of offering ambidextrous controls if the second circle-pad was included in the design.

hinq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hinq

*sigh* Just discovered this problem myself, shame I didn't see this thread before I bought it. :(

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LikeaSsur
    EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By EarlessShrimp

@MrKlorox: the shame is, I remember there being one game that let you use the face buttons for movement so you could left handedly hold the stylus... Was that Metroid Prime Hunters? That being said, they sure didn't work to make that more common. I kinda wish they had an alternate control scheme to let you free fire using face buttons :\

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

@EarlessShrimp said:

@MrKlorox: the shame is, I remember there being one game that let you use the face buttons for movement so you could left handedly hold the stylus... Was that Metroid Prime Hunters? That being said, they sure didn't work to make that more common. I kinda wish they had an alternate control scheme to let you free fire using face buttons :\

Yeah, a lot of earlier DS games seemed left-hand friendly. Metroid Prime Hunters was one of those - for all of the negative things I could say about it, the controls were pretty easily changeable.

Anyway, I'm a southpaw and that sounds fucked up.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Justin258

@LikeaSsur said:

You should've expected this.

Lefties live a life of disappointment forever.

See, I was going to say "Well, that's a load of crap, I haven't wrecked yet *knocks on wood* and I'm not going mental", but then I read this line:

It's the other 30 percent who are more likely to fling cats at passersby and scream at their dumpsters.

and thought about how much fun it would be to play basketball with cats and dumpsters instead of balls and nets.

melodiousj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By melodiousj

@EarlessShrimp said:

Yeah, Prime Hunters and a few other games did it very well, and for what it was worth, Kid Icarus: Uprising controlled pretty well with the face buttons. Obviously not an ideal substitute for an analog nub, but you could tell that people at least put in the effort to make sure it felt right.

melodiousj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By melodiousj

@liako21 said:

is this game basically flying mech kid icarus?

More like Panzer Dragoon with free movement... and flying mechs. You slide the stylus around to lock onto different targets, then lift it off the screen to fire. Character movement is handled with the circle pad.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LikeaSsur

@believer258: Your positivity is a welcome change in this dark world. Always look on the bright side!

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Well this is disappointing...

I just saved some money though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.