Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Library

Location » linked to 180 games

Where people come to browse and borrow books and other media, or do research. May contain a shushing librarian. Also some mansions may contain a room called the library.

Does your library have video games? Should they?

Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Giantkitty

Does your library (you know that place with all those book thingies) have video games? Can you play them there? Should they have video games at all? Do you ever use your library to play in location or "check out" video games?

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brukaoru

I'm not sure, I haven't gone to the library in years. I think they should have videogames though, I don't see why they shouldn't.

lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By lvl10Wizard

My local library doesn't have games. I'm not sure whether it's an issue of perceived cultural importance or merely lack of shelf space but it'd be great to get library prices for game rentals.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Not here at university, but back home, yeah. It's a bargain too. It's £2.20 for 1 week on all games. Most proper rental places like blockbuster will charge around £4-5 for 2 or 3 days for the latest releases, they'll only get close to £2.20 for 1 week on the oldest games that you can buy for around £5 a anyway. The library obviously don't have the huge selection, but they do quite often get new releases in, and through all of the libraries in the area they probably have pretty much any game you want, so I can just use the inter-library loan service to order it in from another library in the area. You have to wait for up to a week for it, and pay a 50p service charge, but it's still a bargain.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

I have not used a public library in years so would not know.

lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By lvl10Wizard
    Levio91 said:
    "I think itd be funny to see devs get pissed that there games are getting played for free lol. But I dont think games should be in libraries I dont even think fiction should be in libraries it pisses me off every time I go to the library theres more fiction than nonfiction and if I want to study something I have to look through fiction books."

Use a university library if you want to study something other than fiction.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BoG

When I think of the things libraries have besides books, it is limited to a few select movies. The movies they carry are either family movies that everyone loves, or the all time classics like Citizen Kane or the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. When it comes to movies that are R rated, they must be classics, and not overly inappropriate, such as The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. When it comes to games, I'd assume it would have to be a similar setup, but I can't think of many top tier M rated games that fall into that "toned down" R rating category. Perhaps Metal Gear Solid? Anyways, I hope that society can soon accept games as a valuable art form, so libraries may soon have games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.