Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Licensed Game

Concept »

These games are based off of established licenses, such as movies, comics, or TV shows. Examples are the James Bond 007 and Spider-Man franchises.

Franchises which should have good games but don't [The Sequel]

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Edited By Tylea002

So, I am not Lies

But, I do have an extreme like for his , and especially his latest one. So, consider this blog some kind of "continuation" of his, yet totally not the original, written by someone new, done without the creators permission but with full credit given. I'm sort of like Treyarch to Lies' Infinity Ward. Anyhoo, without further ado:

Transformers

I've even put the pictures in the same place as Lies.
    I am a great fan of Transformers, I don't watch the old episodes every week or whatever, and I'm probably 10 years too old for them (as in, was born after they had finished), and thus was raised on Armada. But anyway, giant robots that can change into cars just easily translates into a free roaming action game. This has not yet happened. "That" PS2 game was pretty good, so I heard, but my Lack of PS2 meant I couldn't play it, though I really wanted to, being it coming out during my watching of Armada. However, that seems to be the only really ok game about CARS WHICH BECOME ROBOTS. All you need to do, is give a city, get the G1 liscence, and thus about a gazillion UNIQUE transformers, rather than making you fight nameless drones, and make it control right. It. Is. Not. Hard.

I sit here and await the day I get to play a transformers game, and it is the best game ever, because its truly possible, with TRANSFORMING CARS. But alas, no one in the industry seems to realise, at heart, what is needed to make a Transformers game fun, and thus we get unoriginal shooter/brawlers with a gimmicky transform mechanic.

Star Trek

They even got Sulu...*sigh*
    One or perhaps two Star Trek games can be said "worthy" of the status of above mediocre games. Perhaps Elite Force is up there, perhaps that wierd RTS mini-series a while back that I never played, but most definately Bridge Commander. Bridge Commander is quite unique as a Star Trek game, as the AI does all the work. All you do is tell the AI what to do. You can control directly, but as the title suggests, it is BETTER TO SIT IN THE CAPTAINS CHAIR. End of. Direct Control pales in comparison to doing the same job as Picard. The game had a mildly decent Story Mode, but an epic mod community, which brought out Borg Ships, New Bridges, New AI to keep the game updated. Why do we not have a proper sequel? This game is what Star Trek Games should be, as all the recent attempts are a load of shit. See: Shattered Universe.

Its another franchise with a wealth of races and backgrounds. You could make any good game and stick the Star Trek name on it, and it would fit in, due to the huge number of aliens etc. that are in it. You could make a Star Trek Mass Effect, that would work, Mass Effect can do diplomacy and shooting right. But, as Bridge Commander proved to me, the best games are those that embrace the best parts of Star Trek, and put you where you want to be, in the captains chair. Please, make it happen again.

Thanks for reading, I also only have two, but only cause I need to go to work.

In Other News...

• I'm on Work Experience. Meaning, I now Work. But I Don't Get Paid. But I Work. GAH!
    • I Finished Prototype, confusing it is, the Web of Intrigue means they often leave some important stuff out of the main cutscenes, like "what the fuck is going on?"
    • SFIV Clock: 50 Hours, 18 Minutes. I still suck.
    • Giving my DS some love, attempting to play Advanced Wars! That Game Rules.
    • I'm also giving more DS love with Devil Survivor. Damn, that game is awesome, The Death Clock is a great idea.
    • The Final DS game I'm juggling is Yu-Gi-Oh 2009. Its actually got context to the dueling, and I like the card game, so its a fun distraction.
    • I still don't have an iPhone, and thus cannot play ME: Galaxy. Apparently, I'm lucky.
    Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Tylea002

So, I am not Lies

But, I do have an extreme like for his , and especially his latest one. So, consider this blog some kind of "continuation" of his, yet totally not the original, written by someone new, done without the creators permission but with full credit given. I'm sort of like Treyarch to Lies' Infinity Ward. Anyhoo, without further ado:

Transformers

I am a great fan of Transformers, I don't watch the old episodes every week or whatever, and I'm probably 10 years too old for them (as in, was born after they had finished), and thus was raised on Armada. But anyway, giant robots that can change into cars just easily translates into a free roaming action game. This has not yet happened. "That" PS2 game was pretty good, so I heard, but my Lack of PS2 meant I couldn't play it, though I really wanted to, being it coming out during my watching of Armada. However, that seems to be the only really ok game about CARS WHICH BECOME ROBOTS. All you need to do, is give a city, get the G1 liscence, and thus about a gazillion UNIQUE transformers, rather than making you fight nameless drones, and make it control right. It. Is. Not. Hard.

I sit here and await the day I get to play a transformers game, and it is the best game ever, because its truly possible, with TRANSFORMING CARS. But alas, no one in the industry seems to realise, at heart, what is needed to make a Transformers game fun, and thus we get unoriginal shooter/brawlers with a gimmicky transform mechanic.

Star Trek

One or perhaps two Star Trek games can be said "worthy" of the status of above mediocre games. Perhaps Elite Force is up there, perhaps that wierd RTS mini-series a while back that I never played, but most definately Bridge Commander. Bridge Commander is quite unique as a Star Trek game, as the AI does all the work. All you do is tell the AI what to do. You can control directly, but as the title suggests, it is BETTER TO SIT IN THE CAPTAINS CHAIR. End of. Direct Control pales in comparison to doing the same job as Picard. The game had a mildly decent Story Mode, but an epic mod community, which brought out Borg Ships, New Bridges, New AI to keep the game updated. Why do we not have a proper sequel? This game is what Star Trek Games should be, as all the recent attempts are a load of shit. See: Shattered Universe.

Its another franchise with a wealth of races and backgrounds. You could make any good game and stick the Star Trek name on it, and it would fit in, due to the huge number of aliens etc. that are in it. You could make a Star Trek Mass Effect, that would work, Mass Effect can do diplomacy and shooting right. But, as Bridge Commander proved to me, the best games are those that embrace the best parts of Star Trek, and put you where you want to be, in the captains chair. Please, make it happen again.

Thanks for reading, I also only have two, but only cause I need to go to work.

In Other News...

• I'm on Work Experience. Meaning, I now Work. But I Don't Get Paid. But I Work. GAH!
    • I Finished Prototype, confusing it is, the Web of Intrigue means they often leave some important stuff out of the main cutscenes, like "what the fuck is going on?"
    • SFIV Clock: 50 Hours, 18 Minutes. I still suck.
    • Giving my DS some love, attempting to play Advanced Wars! That Game Rules.
    • I'm also giving more DS love with Devil Survivor. Damn, that game is awesome, The Death Clock is a great idea.
    • The Final DS game I'm juggling is Yu-Gi-Oh 2009. Its actually got context to the dueling, and I like the card game, so its a fun distraction.
    • I still don't have an iPhone, and thus cannot play ME: Galaxy. Apparently, I'm lucky.
    Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Optiow

I have not played the Star trek games, but I thought they looked awesome.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

Star Trek would be a great franchise that's deserves a better game. A played Star Trek: Starfleet Academy - Starship Bridge Simulator on the SNES and had a good time with it. I never played Bridge Commander, I bet I would like it as well. It sounds like a spiritual successor to the SNES version.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Lies

Oh god Mass Effect Galaxy :(

Why do you bring these things up?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.