Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Limbo

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Jul 21, 2010

A young boy seeks to rescue his lost sister from the dreary, dangerous world of Limbo in this monochrome puzzle-platformer.

In my opinion, Limbo is not worth 1200 microsoft points.

• 92 results
    Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Jace

It's $5. FFS.

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By RoyCampbell

It's a great game, but I do agree on it being overpriced at $15. I mean, sure. You could compare it to attending a movie theater and buying a ticket for around $10 and getting popcorn and a drink. I'd say that'd come out at around $15 more or less but for an experience you can't keep unlike a videogame.

Whatever, though! I'm buying Hydro Thunder Hurricane and Monday Night Combat which therefore qualifies me for $5 back in points. So I can treat it as if I paid $10 for Limbo. 

I like my weird logic.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By niamahai
    @RoyCampbell: nah it ain't weird bro.
     You just fell for their mass marketing scheme.

wait.. i thought you had to buy all summer arcade games to qualify for the $5 refund?
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By asurastrike
    @cide said:

" "OH.. MAYBE if it was $10"  God, just admit your poor and shut the fuck about games being too much   $15 is NOTHING... I'm starting to think people here are just 14 or don't have jobs.. Every thread is becoming about a fucking meaningless $=hr. ratio than the actual game..   Poor saps "

My problem with it's price isn't that $15 is a lot of money, my problem is that had this game come out 2 years ago, or even 1 year ago, it would have been 5-10 dollars. Hell, Bionic Commando Rearmed was only $10, and Geometry Wars was only $5.

The only reason there is even an argument is because the game is considered "artsy".
    RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By RoyCampbell
    @niamahai:  You get 1200 ($15) back for buying all five games but if you buy three of the five, you'll get 400 ($5) points.

:)
    cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By cstrang

I'm going to go out on a limb(-o. Hahahahaha, see what I did there?) and agree with the OP.

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By RoyCampbell

I can also say that for $15 I got a great game and a gratifying feeling to know that an indie developer has my support for doing something new these days that doesn't involve being in a first person perspective. *looks at the Wednesday before Limbo's release being Blacklight: Tango Down and it also being $15* 

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @trophyhunter said:
    " Well honestly no download game is worth 10 or 15 bucks. "
    Honestly no game is worth ,oney at all..thank god I can pirate EVERY GAME EVER, besides PS3 games which I steal from the FUCKING WHITE HOUSE! 

and lol who fucking cares how long it is. some peoples favorite game could cost them $86 and it could be 5 minutes long. Who gives a fuck? It's about if the game is good or not. You know what? Everything would be better if it was free, wouldn't it? 
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By asurastrike
    @RoyCampbell said:
    "  I can also say that for $15 I got a great game and a gratifying feeling to know that an indie developer has my support for doing something new these days that doesn't involve being in a first person perspective. *looks at the Wednesday before Limbo's release being Blacklight: Tango Down and it also being $15*  "
    Buy Super QuickHook for iPhone/iPod and you can get that same feeling for 12 dollars less.
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Everyone knows this game is poopy anyway. I could make a better game in one night with RPG 2003 and a case of bud light. 

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By niamahai
    @Dan_CiTi: 
    FIGHT THE POWAH!

SAY NO TO $15 XBLA TITLES!

AND THEN AFTER THAT WE CAN SAY NO TO $10 XBLA TITLES!
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @Asurastrike said:

" @RoyCampbell said:

"  I can also say that for $15 I got a great game and a gratifying feeling to know that an indie developer has my support for doing something new these days that doesn't involve being in a first person perspective. *looks at the Wednesday before Limbo's release being Blacklight: Tango Down and it also being $15*  "
    Buy Super QuickHook for iPhone/iPod and you can get that same feeling for 12 dollars less. "
    Remember that app when the app store launched that was like $900 and all it was was a glowing red gem? Man that app was shiznite. 
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @niamahai said:
    " @Dan_CiTi:  FIGHT THE POWAH!  SAY NO TO $15 XBLA TITLES!  AND THEN AFTER THAT WE CAN SAY NO TO $10 XBLA TITLES! "
    How about we just say no to XBL, and say yes to WiiConnect24....this IS 2010 we are living in. It is time to get a grip. 
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#64  Edited By Meowayne

I would have paid €60 for Limbo.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By niamahai
    @Dan_CiTi: 
    in 2010.... fwen codes are still not popular.
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By asurastrike
    @Meowayne said:

" I would have paid €60 for Limbo. "

No you wouldn't have. It's easy to say such things when you will never have to ante up. Write a €60 check to the developers of Limbo and mail it, or else quit making false claims.
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By niamahai
    @RoyCampbell:  =(    

wat'tchu doin!?! You gotta moar to be entitled to that $15 discount! You are losing money if you don't buy more!

Might I suggest this copy of Tomb Raider to go along with your PowerJet game?
    RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By RoyCampbell
    @Asurastrike said:
    " @RoyCampbell said:
    Buy Super QuickHook for iPhone/iPod and you can get that same feeling for 12 dollars less. "
    I've no use for a phone, nevermind an overly expensive one.

Trust me, though. If I didn't have main priorities right now, I'd totally splurge on an iPhone just because of the games that are available on it.
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By niamahai
    @RoyCampbell said:
    " @Asurastrike said:
    " @RoyCampbell said:
    I've no use for a phone, nevermind an overly expensive one.   Trust me, though. If I didn't have main priorities right now, I'd totally splurge on an iPhone just because of the games that are available on it. "
    games on the iphone liiikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

and does it cost $15?
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By asurastrike
    @RoyCampbell said:

" @Asurastrike said:

" @RoyCampbell said:

I've no use for a phone, nevermind an overly expensive one.   Trust me, though. If I didn't have main priorities right now, I'd totally splurge on an iPhone just because of the games that are available on it. "
    Dude I got Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney this week on iPhone for 2.99. I was so happy lol.
    RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By RoyCampbell
    @niamahai:  "Powerjet game" made me laugh hard, thank you.

I'll consider it, but Laura isn't and really hasn't done it for me, past and present iterations considered. 

I'll try the demo of it, for sure. 

Oh and keep in mind that I'm getting Hydro Thunder Hurricane for the sole reason of it having Hydro Thunder in the title.

Sue me.
    RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By RoyCampbell
    @Asurastrike: Phoenix Wright...

...on the iPhone?

I fucking came.
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By niamahai
    @RoyCampbell: 

"flips out iphone 3GS, browse app store for Phoenix Wright"

oh wait. you can't do that can you. ahahahahahahahahahhaah

sorry.
    slow day @ work.
    i am not a consumerist whore mind you

but STILL

LIMBO IS WORTH $15!

IF THE DEV GOES DOWN UNDER BECAUSE NOBODY BOUGHT LIMBO I WILL MAKE IT MY PERSONAL QUEST TO STAB ALL YOUR UNBORN BABIES!
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Meowayne
    @Asurastrike said:
    " @Meowayne said:

" I would have paid €60 for Limbo. "

No you wouldn't have. It's easy to say such things when you will never have to ante up. Write a €60 check to the developers of Limbo and mail it, or else quit making false claims. "

Yes, I would have. I am not sad that its not priced €60, but if paying full price would have been the absolute only way for me to play it, I would have cashed it out. Absolutely. Perhaps not before playing the trial, but definitely after. And if the developers had a paypal donation button, I would be very tempted indeed to use it.
    RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By RoyCampbell
    @niamahai:  Damn you.

But if you haven't bought a Phoenix Wright game on any platform yet, buy it for your iPhone. Out of this world fantastic, that series is.

What I would do to have my brain cleaned of all information regarding the Ace Attorney series just so I could play through them again, to unravel the story with no idea of what's going to happen next.

I'm currently on my second playthrough of the first Ace Attorney and before that I played through Apollo Justice for the second time. They're that good.
    JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By JerichoBlyth

I am also guilty of buying the game for 1200 points and I have got to say that I am dissapointed with the final result of that purchase exchange as well.

The game is far too easy for something I thought would have taken a long time to figure out when I first watched the previews of this once promising title.

....I think I got more value for my money from buying 'Try not to fart'.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#77  Edited By TwoLines

Pople are still talking about this? Don't buy it. Geez. Nobody's making you.
    Some people will feel it's worth it, some won't.

I say it is.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78  Edited By Shadow

It's a short but beautiful game.  If you can sacrifice significant quantity for amazing quality, this seems like one of, if not the, best atmospheric game experience on XBLA for any price.  Still, I think I'll skip this one until it's deal of the week or something and wait for Hydro Thunder and Castlevania which look fantastic and will surely offer more replayability than Limbo.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#79  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Dan_CiTi said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    Honestly no game is worth ,oney at all..thank god I can pirate EVERY GAME EVER, besides PS3 games which I steal from the FUCKING WHITE HOUSE!  and lol who fucking cares how long it is. some peoples favorite game could cost them $86 and it could be 5 minutes long. Who gives a fuck? It's about if the game is good or not. You know what? Everything would be better if it was free, wouldn't it?  "
    1. settle down, you crazy bastard. 

2. actually read what I wrote 

3 because you didn't do #2, I said no download game is worth 10 or 15 bucks.
     There are thousands of disc games that are worth the full $60.

4.Did you just learn the word fuck? because that's what it sounds like.
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @trophyhunter said:

" @Dan_CiTi said:

" @trophyhunter said:
    Honestly no game is worth ,oney at all..thank god I can pirate EVERY GAME EVER, besides PS3 games which I steal from the FUCKING WHITE HOUSE!  and lol who fucking cares how long it is. some peoples favorite game could cost them $86 and it could be 5 minutes long. Who gives a fuck? It's about if the game is good or not. You know what? Everything would be better if it was free, wouldn't it?  "

3 because you didn't do #2, I said no download game is worth 10 or 15 bucks.  There are thousands of disc games that are worth the full $60.  4.Did you just learn the word fuck? because that's what it sounds like. "
    I mean, they could make a game that has more content a better production values than games that are priced at $50-$60 for $10-$15 but it wouldn't matter because it is a download game.  

Also I'm full of fuck. 
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Dan_CiTi said:
    " @trophyhunter said:

" @Dan_CiTi said:

" @trophyhunter said:

3 because you didn't do #2, I said no download game is worth 10 or 15 bucks.  There are thousands of disc games that are worth the full $60.  4.Did you just learn the word fuck? because that's what it sounds like. "
    I mean, they could make a game that has more content a better production values than games that are priced at $50-$60 for $10-$15 but it wouldn't matter because it is a download game.   Also I'm full of fuck.  "
    Well if they did that no one would download it because it would be like 50 gigs.
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @Dan_CiTi said:
    " @trophyhunter said:

" @Dan_CiTi said:

" @trophyhunter said:

I mean, they could make a game that has more content a better production values than games that are priced at $50-$60 for $10-$15 but it wouldn't matter because it is a download game.   Also I'm full of fuck.  "
    Well if they did that no one would download it because it would be like 50 gigs. "
    Seeing as how plenty of games on discs are less than 10 gigs, nawww. 
    Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Sanious

Constantly seeing people talk about whether a game is worth a purchase because of how long it is, is sad. People don't care if it's good or not , they just find out how long it is and that's it. It's different if you tried it, didn't like the game in general, but when watching the review on GT people were saying the same thing in comments

Personally, I bought the game right away even with hearing the amount of time the game was. I don't regret paying for it at all. I thought the game was fantastic, looks good, good platforming, clever puzzles, interesting story and a creepy vibe that worked really well. 

There is a demo, so in my opinion, if you try it and like it, you should buy it. If not, don't. I wish this thing about the longevity of a game determines its price would stop. Or else FFXIII should cost $100+ because of how much time you can sink into it.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Dan_CiTi: Well still who wants to download 10 gigs that's still pretty big?

@Sanious: Go back to liberal arts collage.
    Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Sanious
    @trophyhunter: Lol @ irony.
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @Dan_CiTi: Well still who wants to download 10 gigs that's still pretty big?

@Sanious: Go back to liberal arts collage. "
    lol, a game could be 1GB or less and still have tons of value. Like Spelunky for XBLA. That game is not super long, but it provides plenty of challenge, things to do,  bunch of different ways to do them and has randomly generated levels. There is a free PC version, but the upcoming XBLA game offers plenty of new things in addition all of the things the PC version does. Here's a link to a really good article about the game. Oh and the game's official site
    Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Illmatic

I enjoyed the game but was angry at myself for paying 15 dollars for it. Definitely not worth that much after finishing it. I enjoyed the puzzles and game as a whole though. Storywise, a little lame.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#88  Edited By raviolisumo

It's $15. That is essentially free. 

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Meowayne

It's pointless, Sanious, I've been preaching this for years. If you measure the entertainment value of any given game exclusively by the time you sit in front of your TV playing it, then you have never been genuinely entertained by a videogame.

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#90  Edited By nrain

You people make me sick not buying a fresh, interesting game because it's $5 too dear. For god's sake it's $5!!!

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#91  Edited By DriveupLife

lol @ people still talking in this topic I made

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#92  Edited By jakob187

While I'm comfortable having paid $15 for it, I can absolutely agree that the game could've gone for $10 easily.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.