Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mad Max

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

An open world action game with an emphasis on vehicular combat, based on the Mad Max character from the series of Australian post-apocalyptic films by George Miller.

So this is basically Black Flag

SquidKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm equating this to ACIV, wherein you have to clear bases, upgrade your ship, improve your gear, and so on. Im not saying that as a negative either: I love Black Flag.

Max has a lot of unfinished edges, but what's there is pretty slick. I'm enjoying it during those short times I'm not playing MGSV.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I just bought this actually on GMG for 36 bucks. Heard the PC port is great and with it nearly half off, I can dismiss some of the issues. Plus This is just going to be my little side game compared to the main event this month which is obviously MGS V

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#4 FinalDasa  Moderator

When you put it like that I really want to play it now. Upgrading a badass Mad Max car sounds right up my alley.

But this does sound like a game I buy a year from now at $20 or so after I remember it existed.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anybody has any questions about this game on PC, please add me, ROGamingRyan I have streamed this game a lot. As expected, you don't have the bad ass car right off the bat. you have to work for it. There are certain aspects of the game that are weird, but this game is good. I like it. I have complaints, but what game doesn't?

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm crazy and have actually picked this up this week instead of Metal Gear Solid V. Mad Max just kind of looks like the kind of thing I'm up for right now.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I'm like 3 hours into MGSV and Mad Max at this point. To my surprise, I'm really pulled into MGSV, since I've never been able to get into an MGS game in the past. Both games are a complete blast though, so it's always hard to choose which one I'm going to play when I sit down. At some point I need to stick with one til the end, and then go to the other one, haven't decided which game that will be though.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More like Shadows of Mordor. Similar combat and a crazy sidekick. Ratface = Chumbucket. Plus both brought to us by WB interactive.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Sounds like an open-world game.

SquidKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcsman: I really don't think so. Mordor is a combat and demigod kind of game. The hand combat in Max is very basic, even a bit less than Arkham. The focus is more on your car, but there is a strong upgrading system for Max as well. The upgrades are often not about his fighting, though, with several designed to improve the scavenging and exploring. Frankly, for my taste, I didn't really like Mordor for having bad exploration but good combat. This is the reverse, and I prefer it a lot.

Also the world of Max made Fallout incredible, and it's much more realistic here, with all the dunes and dead seas.

j4yk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am enjoying this more the Black Flag.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I'm equating this to ACIV, wherein you have to clear bases, upgrade your ship, improve your gear, and so on. Im not saying that as a negative either: I love Black Flag.

Max has a lot of unfinished edges, but what's there is pretty slick. I'm enjoying it during those short times I'm not playing MGSV.

I think I can say with great confidence that sailing ships with brass cannons are cooler than junk cars.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By RonGalaxy

I don't think any of these types of games will ever reach the high of Assassins Creed 2. I know people argue Brotherhood is better, but I think AC2 is the perfect mix of solid open world gameplay and an actually good story with great characters; I think Brotherhood stumbles a bit with that latter part. Ezios origin story and his rise to fame is genuinely awesome, and I consider ac2 one of the very best games of last gen. That is the peak of this type of game for me.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

@squidking said:

I think I can say with great confidence that sailing ships with brass cannons are cooler than junk cars.

Aye!

blueneurosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By blueneurosis

I know it's obvious, but when I read this post's subject line I immediately thought that they finally made a game based on Get In The Van.

No Caption Provided

Think Rock Band with Sanity/Depression/Ego meters to manage and police to avoid.

SquidKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: Your dedication to virginity is inspiring.

I'm just kiddin'.

Robopengy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@j4yk: Same here. I don't think this game will have many "follow these people while staying in this listening circle" missions.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@monkeyking1969: Your dedication to virginity is inspiring.

I'm just kiddin'.

The ladies never complain about the size of my bow spirit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.