Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 12

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Aug 30, 2011

EA's long-running NFL series returns with its 2011 release, Madden NFL 12. It features Cleveland Browns running back Peyton Hillis on the cover, who won as a result of fan voting.

If there IS no NFL football in 2011 would you WANT a Madden Game?

bigdc666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigdc666

What I mean is: I would rather they spent another full cycle making the game better. I think they should Just roster Update Madden 10, and start the grind for the next Madden. Buying a football game based on a year where there isn't football just doesn't make sense to me. And lets be real; Madden 11 was not a good game. Since Madden is the only kid in town I really want it to be great. Am I the only one that feels this way?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

Good question. But there again, if there isn't any NFL this year, I will be pissed. Madden...not so much.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

just when we got vick and were supposed to win the superbowl

its philly uck yo! we always choke and i wouldnt be surprised if willy penny caused this too but i havent bought madden since 2k5

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I don't play Madden, but I'm gonna say no. Do the necessary roster updates for free, drop the price of the game to $20, and then spend an extra year making the next one really special.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
    @bigdc666 said:

And lets be real; Madden 11 was not a good game.

No, and that's why. Madden 11 was so offense heavy, I had one reasonably scored game online (Against Alex Navarro's Pats no less), before the game disconnected in the fourth quarter when it was 7-0. Why do I remember that score? It was the only time I remember the final score total being less than sixty between the two teams. 
    Madden needs some kind of overhaul, and badly. I won't be buying it until I hear that they do so.
    zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zityz

@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:

@bigdc666 said:

And lets be real; Madden 11 was not a good game.

No, and that's why. Madden 11 was so offense heavy, I had one reasonably scored game online (Against Alex Navarro's Pats no less), before the game disconnected in the fourth quarter when it was 7-0. Why do I remember that score? It was the only time I remember the final score total being less than sixty between the two teams. Madden needs some kind of overhaul, and badly. I won't be buying it until I hear that they do so.

That's like me but with NHL series. I tried 10 and 11 from a buddy and just thought.."nope"

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By jacdg

Yes I would, because they seem to be changing a lot of stuff in franchise mode, and it sounds cool. Now, I'm buying NCAA Football for the first time ever this year (being European, it's been difficult to get a copy for a reasonable price, since the series is not sold over here) so maybe I won't buy it this year, because of that, but yes, I would like a Madden game, even though it is flawed, I still enjoy playing them every year.

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrGetBonus

I think it would be funny if Madden games outlived real football. We could use the games as a piece of history to reenact our favorite "back in my day" sports moments.

Avatar image for the_big_fat_chode
    The_BIG_FAT_CHODE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By The_BIG_FAT_CHODE

Yes because the year can go how you want it to. You won't have to play the franchise after the super bowl knowing your team actually didn't win the super bowl in the back of your head. You can tell your friends that your team won the super bowl this year... in Madden.

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By shinigami420

No lets just stop making dumb football games

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Chummy8

I want the ability to make realistic late/dirty hits.  If it's a franchise, I want to be able to intentionally injury another player at the cost of a suspension or fine.  Call it the Steelers feature or something.  If it's in the game, IT"S IN THE GAME.  Seriously, I would risk losing a game if it meant I could break DeSean Jackson's legs. 

I remember in one year of NHL, there was a dirty hit button where you would either elbow or slash another player.  That player that was hit would have a higher chance of getting injured, but you would take a penalty (if the ref's saw it). 

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By ProfessorEss

I wouldn't even if there was. 

But in the same vein: NHL, a game I buy bi to tri annually, would have to have some SIGNIFICANT updates for me to buy it on a year without a season.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By SlightConfuse

its coming anyway with some major changes concussions and surprise onside kicks

Spongetwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Spongetwan

Yes they should come out with a game. You dont need a season to have the game. The game goes off last years performance anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.