Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mafia II

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Aug 24, 2010

Play as Vito Scaletta and rise up through the ranks of the criminal underworld of Empire Bay in Mafia II, the sequel to the 2002 sandbox-style hit.

Mafia 2 IGN review is up!

• 62 results
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By CL60
    @Doctorchimp said:
    " @CL60: I was just saying it's pretty fishy that a heavily marketed game gets a notably higher score on Gameinformer is all...  Which is owned by Gamestop... "
    It's not notably higher..the game has more 8-9s then it does anything lower.
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @hedfone: It's just funny though how IGN does that sort of thing no one bats an eye cause it's a big website.  

But Giantbomb only posts one review up for a game unless the versions are drastically different and you have people complain and throw shit around.
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @CL60: They break even.

And even then the metacritic is 78 on the 360 and 79 on the PS3. With the PC version only having 7 reviews up right now.

Do you want approval from me? Do you want me to buy it?  

Just made a joke about a magazine owned by a game store...since conflict of interest might be at play....
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ArchScabby

Yeah, you're right it's a crappy review because you, the person who hasn't played the game, wants it to have a higher score.  Therefore it it's a piece of shit, and he sucks at reviewing games.

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By evanbrau

Review scores have got to go. When 7 is being considered bad there is a serious problem, but I guess shitty sites (more likely the shitty audience of the sites) has pretty much ruined review scores. I wish more sites would get rid of them and let the review say what it needs too rather than some now meaningless number or letter.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#56  Edited By Vinny_Says

Here's my scoreless review: 

It's a great story line but the stuff in between the cutscenes leaves room for improvement. It might seem like an open world but there's really only one mission that advances the story. There aren't really sidequests but that only streamlines the experience and makes it a tighter game overall. Graphics are alright but better on PC.

would you give the game a 6 or a 8 now?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By CL60
    @evanbrau said:
    " Review scores have got to go. When 7 is being considered bad there is a serious problem, but I guess shitty sites (more likely the shitty audience of the sites) has pretty much ruined review scores. I wish more sites would get rid of them and let the review say what it needs too rather than some now meaningless number or letter. "
    Yeah, I wish sites would not give a number score. They would just write the review, and let people interpret it how they want. Too many people just look at the score, and if it's not a 9+ they say it sucks.
    FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By FritzDude

Boring city and nothing to do was probably the major complaints about the game. 7/10 is not bad, but maybe a little on the downside for some folks hype-o-meter? But hey, IGN give almost all games a 7/10 anyways. Can't wait till friday, when the game launches in Europe. 
    Bluethunder35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By Bluethunder35

What disappoints me is no talk of the PS3-exclusive "The Betrayal Of Jimmy" DLC that comes free with that version of Mafia II in the review. Is it any good, Greg? You didn't say.

myslead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By myslead
    @hedfone said:
    " @xnoxiousx said:
    "   Lazy copy paste review, typical IGN. The video review doesn't even address the pc versions graphics and how performance was so much better on pc and there is grass.   http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1114635p1.html  "
    yeah but no one plays PC games anymore "
    blizzard games?
    vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By vilhelmnielsen
    The numbers, what do they mean?!?

I'll tell you what they mean, shit. I thought the users of Giant Bomb would agree, that a 10-point scale (Though, isn't IGN's more like a 20-point scale?) is dumb, and should be abandoned.
    ascholzk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ascholzk

while i do think a 5 point scale is infinitely better than a 10 point scale, a "buy, rent, pass" system is sooo much better than any "point" scales. it puzzles me why so few video game publications utilize this. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.