Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MAG

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

MAG, a.k.a "Massive Action Game" was a PS3 exclusive, online-only FPS game developed by SOCOM creators Zipper Interactive. The game's most notable feature was its 256-player Domination mode.

Where to even begin...

• 66 results
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#51  Edited By Driadon

I played a couple matches and though I do agree with saying it feels stiff, I found the actual shooting of a gun to feel really good. On top of that both times I was in a squad where the leader was doing something; he kept updating objectives, setting rally points and all that jazz which made it incredibly fun. Keep playing it.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @Karn said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @FunExplosions:
    Which reminds, the first 5 seconds of my first game, I was teamkilled...with a knife. And some R-tard blocked the ladder everytime somebody tried to get up as a stupid joke, so I had to kill him. Then all my teamates shot me!!! "
    The first 5 seconds of my first game I teamkilled someone with a knife.  Please don't tell me you are on valor. "

I am on valor...ummmmmm.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @ReaperOfLiving said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:

" @Burns098356GX said:

" @ADTR_ZERO said:

" Ugh...where to begin with this. I don't like to bash games, even good games that I don't personally like, I won't go around ranting about them. But M.A.G, boy, is M.A.G one special game. I try to put this into different sections.  1. When I first got to the main screen, I chose my faction and went to play the game. I wanted to look around the menu and just well, explore the game. See how everything worked, the weapons, etc, etc. But if I stayed in the menu for longer than 30 seconds, it would say I was disconnected from the server. I tried this about, 3 or 4 times. Already I was angry because I couldn't see what guns I was using, I couldn't customize my loadout, see the controls, or anything! Finally, as soon as I got to the main menu and hit start, I quickly hit deploy and started looking for games. I wasn't even allowed to play supression (TDM) without getting to a certain rank or something! So I had to play sabotage, I think this is where I will start my next section.  2. I joined sabotage, and the game quickly started. I wasn't expecting amazing graphics, but these graphics are flatout terrible! I felt like going up to my T.V to make sure I was still playing my PS3! It was a 64 vs. 64 game, pretty much the size of 2 games or Resistance 2. The graphics shouldn't have been that bad. And not only was it the pure detail that was awful, the movements are so robot like. When you hit the aim button BOOM! You're looking down your sights/scope. Your hands don't even move! The gun sights appear in front of your face! And when you reload, you cock the bullet, which causes the gun to move back, and then it pretty much teleports back into normal position. The movements are TERRIBLE!  3. The gameplay was awful, not only in the aspect of controls that were clunky and wierd, it didn't feel like I was playing in a game with over 100 people in it. It felt like a game of Call of Duty. I actually wanted to play my old CoD4 copy, just to feel the feeling of playing a good FPS! The controls for weapon swithing were EXTREMELY close to Battlefield: Bad Company's or 1943's, exept the other controls were different. The other controls (not just weapon switching) felt fine with the shoulder button weapons switching. It just didn't work to well with M.A.G.   I'm sorry if you don't agree with me, but I had very high expectations for this game (that was probably my first problem) because Zipper is my favorite developer. They made my favourite games, the SOCOM series, so I thought they could handle M.A.G...they couldn't      Again, I'm sorry if you don't agree with me, but tell me your thoughts if you want to disagree with me. Don't just say "u R dum!!!" or something like that.  On a side note, I thought the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 BETA was outstanding.     Edit: And the worst part is, I stopped playing my new copy of Assassin's Creed II just to waste my time on the BETA!!! "
    beta. seriously...beta. "
    You can't change THAT much from a beta to a finished product, besides server issues and such, which they were testing. If you expect a dramatic change in graphics or animations from a beta stage to a finished product you are expecting too much. The only game to do that was Borderlands, and honestly if they hadn't changed all the textures that game would have been baaaad. But I'm getting off topic here. "
    Do any of you read the intro to the beta?  "The beta DOES NOT represent the finished product in anyway and is used for promotional use only" (something like that).  
     Who ever said that tiny 1.8gb BETA was equal to the the finished product in any way?!

@ADTR_ZERO said:

" @ReaperOfLiving said:

"It is a small beta.  Your lucky they wanted it public.  I will probably get this game.  I like everything about it.  The graphics texture are amazing but the way your characters gun and arm look odd and misplaced?  I also don't like how serious people get on here.  "your going to the wrong base!! Our leader ordered us here"  My reply is "I don't care."  It is very annoying. :P "
    I think it's funny how you call such horrible graphics good when you have an Uncharted 2 user icon. "
    I do.  I think the texture in the graphics is good?  I play on a 1080p HDTV but that shouldn't matter?  Yes, I love Uncharted 2,  the graphics are good even though surprisingly running on 720p.  "
    BECAUSE THE GAME IS RELEASING THIS MONTH?!
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By get2sammyb

I doubt there'll be many changes now apart from server-side stuff, but, if you check out my thread in the MAG forums you'll see why I vastly disagree.

I do hope they iron out some of the animation etc, but that hasn't really harmed my experience at all.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Id have to agree with most every thing the TC said, and its a beta is no longer an excuse not when its to be released this month.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Burns098356GX
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    "You can't change THAT much from a beta to a finished product, besides server issues and such, which they were testing. If you expect a dramatic change in graphics or animations from a beta stage to a finished product you are expecting too much. The only game to do that was Borderlands, and honestly if they hadn't changed all the textures that game would have been baaaad. But I'm getting off topic here. "
    Uhh ya they can, and they do, thats why its beta. Have you ever played betas before, because I've seen massive changes. I was in the origional World of Warcraft beta, its nearly a completely different game once it launched.
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#57  Edited By demonbear
    @Burns098356GX said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    "You can't change THAT much from a beta to a finished product, besides server issues and such, which they were testing. If you expect a dramatic change in graphics or animations from a beta stage to a finished product you are expecting too much. The only game to do that was Borderlands, and honestly if they hadn't changed all the textures that game would have been baaaad. But I'm getting off topic here. "
    Uhh ya they can, and they do, thats why its beta. Have you ever played betas before, because I've seen massive changes. I was in the origional World of Warcraft beta, its nearly a completely different game once it launched. "
    An mmo is not like a console shooter. And Zipper aint Blizz.

That being said i think mag is gonna be great and i'll buy it.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By PureRok

I haven't had any issues with the game except how hard it is to differentiate friend from foe (seriously, the little dot above your friend's head should be a bit more noticeable, not the dark blue it currently is.).

Don't know what to tell you. The graphics look fine to me; I don't know why people keep complaining about them. A bunch of graphics whores.

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By ReaperOfLiving
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @ReaperOfLiving said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:

" @Burns098356GX said:

" @ADTR_ZERO said:

" Ugh...where to begin with this. I don't like to bash games, even good games that I don't personally like, I won't go around ranting about them. But M.A.G, boy, is M.A.G one special game. I try to put this into different sections.  1. When I first got to the main screen, I chose my faction and went to play the game. I wanted to look around the menu and just well, explore the game. See how everything worked, the weapons, etc, etc. But if I stayed in the menu for longer than 30 seconds, it would say I was disconnected from the server. I tried this about, 3 or 4 times. Already I was angry because I couldn't see what guns I was using, I couldn't customize my loadout, see the controls, or anything! Finally, as soon as I got to the main menu and hit start, I quickly hit deploy and started looking for games. I wasn't even allowed to play supression (TDM) without getting to a certain rank or something! So I had to play sabotage, I think this is where I will start my next section.  2. I joined sabotage, and the game quickly started. I wasn't expecting amazing graphics, but these graphics are flatout terrible! I felt like going up to my T.V to make sure I was still playing my PS3! It was a 64 vs. 64 game, pretty much the size of 2 games or Resistance 2. The graphics shouldn't have been that bad. And not only was it the pure detail that was awful, the movements are so robot like. When you hit the aim button BOOM! You're looking down your sights/scope. Your hands don't even move! The gun sights appear in front of your face! And when you reload, you cock the bullet, which causes the gun to move back, and then it pretty much teleports back into normal position. The movements are TERRIBLE!  3. The gameplay was awful, not only in the aspect of controls that were clunky and wierd, it didn't feel like I was playing in a game with over 100 people in it. It felt like a game of Call of Duty. I actually wanted to play my old CoD4 copy, just to feel the feeling of playing a good FPS! The controls for weapon swithing were EXTREMELY close to Battlefield: Bad Company's or 1943's, exept the other controls were different. The other controls (not just weapon switching) felt fine with the shoulder button weapons switching. It just didn't work to well with M.A.G.   I'm sorry if you don't agree with me, but I had very high expectations for this game (that was probably my first problem) because Zipper is my favorite developer. They made my favourite games, the SOCOM series, so I thought they could handle M.A.G...they couldn't      Again, I'm sorry if you don't agree with me, but tell me your thoughts if you want to disagree with me. Don't just say "u R dum!!!" or something like that.  On a side note, I thought the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 BETA was outstanding.     Edit: And the worst part is, I stopped playing my new copy of Assassin's Creed II just to waste my time on the BETA!!! "
    beta. seriously...beta. "
    You can't change THAT much from a beta to a finished product, besides server issues and such, which they were testing. If you expect a dramatic change in graphics or animations from a beta stage to a finished product you are expecting too much. The only game to do that was Borderlands, and honestly if they hadn't changed all the textures that game would have been baaaad. But I'm getting off topic here. "
    Do any of you read the intro to the beta?  "The beta DOES NOT represent the finished product in anyway and is used for promotional use only" (something like that).  
     Who ever said that tiny 1.8gb BETA was equal to the the finished product in any way?!

@ADTR_ZERO said:

" @ReaperOfLiving said:

"It is a small beta.  Your lucky they wanted it public.  I will probably get this game.  I like everything about it.  The graphics texture are amazing but the way your characters gun and arm look odd and misplaced?  I also don't like how serious people get on here.  "your going to the wrong base!! Our leader ordered us here"  My reply is "I don't care."  It is very annoying. :P "
    I think it's funny how you call such horrible graphics good when you have an Uncharted 2 user icon. "
    I do.  I think the texture in the graphics is good?  I play on a 1080p HDTV but that shouldn't matter?  Yes, I love Uncharted 2,  the graphics are good even though surprisingly running on 720p.  "
    BECAUSE THE GAME IS RELEASING THIS MONTH?! "
    That still doesn't mean the beta = game?  I fail to see point?
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By CowMuffins
    @ADTR_ZERO said:

"I don't like to bash games, even good games that I don't personally like, I won't go around ranting about them. "

>__>

Anyways, I havn't played the BETA yet. But, I've seen a 10 minute video of it. I can't comment on the details and whatnot, but I can say that the animators for this game need to be taken out back and shot in the head. Worst animations I've seen in a game in a really long time. I might still download it though, just to try it out. Really makes you appreciate games with good animations, like Unchated 2, a little bit more, huh?

And also, to you idiots saying "It's just a beta". Yeah, you realize that all they're going to be able to change is some gameplay tweaks, like damage from guns and stuff, because the game ships this month....
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @ReaperOfLiving: Because these people are saying "You can't say blah blah because it's just a beta." Why are you guys failing to see that the gameplay mechanics and animations and textures and all that are not going to dramatically change within 19 days when the game is on store shelves.
    What you see in the beta (Besides server issues) will be in game whether you want it to or not! The only thing that will be expanded is maps and game-modes and such.
    Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By Sidekick-Trio

I wish I'd read this before downloading the damned thing. I didn't bump into any server issues but the game itself was underwhelming in every aspect.

Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By Sidekick-Trio

I wish I'd read this before downloading the damned thing. I didn't bump into any server issues but the game itself was underwhelming in every aspect.

Butchio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Butchio

All this bashing goes to show how spoilt we are as gamers. All of a sudden after Uncharted 2 came out, everyone is expecting the next game to be better than the last ,the graphics to be better etc. In reality this isnt going to happen.

I know that  much of the flaws cant be changed from now until the full game comes out, but what you have to realise is that the beta is only 1.8gig. You dont kow what they are holding back on, a lot of people are full on bashing a beta even thou on the first or second screen it says that all aspects of the game will be better including graphics upon release.

I know they have only released a part of the game in the beta so more space will be needed for the other maps and game modes, but there is 28gig space on a blu ray disc so there is a lot of room there for improvements if needed, plus updates.

Another thing that most people seem to forget is that this game is the first of its kind on a console, so even the devolopers are learning as they go along. Gamers these days seem to be setting ridicilous standards for games. Its not just about the gameplay anymore, not just about the enjoyment.

i find this game fun and smart. You have to work as a team or you will have no chance. I for one cant wait for the beta to end and the game to come out so that only the people who want to play the game will and there will be less bitching about it and only people who enjoy playing it will be playing it.

Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butchio said:
    " All this bashing goes to show how spoilt we are as gamers. All of a sudden after Uncharted 2 came out, everyone is expecting the next game to be better than the last ,the graphics to be better etc. In reality this isnt going to happen.  I know that  much of the flaws cant be changed from now until the full game comes out, but what you have to realise is that the beta is only 1.8gig. You dont kow what they are holding back on, a lot of people are full on bashing a beta even thou on the first or second screen it says that all aspects of the game will be better including graphics upon release.  I know they have only released a part of the game in the beta so more space will be needed for the other maps and game modes, but there is 28gig space on a blu ray disc so there is a lot of room there for improvements if needed, plus updates.  Another thing that most people seem to forget is that this game is the first of its kind on a console, so even the devolopers are learning as they go along. Gamers these days seem to be setting ridicilous standards for games. Its not just about the gameplay anymore, not just about the enjoyment.  i find this game fun and smart. You have to work as a team or you will have no chance. I for one cant wait for the beta to end and the game to come out so that only the people who want to play the game will and there will be less bitching about it and only people who enjoy playing it will be playing it. "
    Agreed. I love MAG, it's a blast to me. But maybe that's because I play SVER.
    Butchio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Butchio
    @SuperSecretAgenda: I joined as valor but i saw an option to delete character, so im assuming i can delete my existing character, create a new one and join a different faction. if this works i will try out the other 2 factions before the beta ends to see what the differences are, if any. Obviously there will be different armour and im hoping different guns etc

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.