Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mario Party 3

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 07, 2000

Mario Party 3 is another entry in Nintendo's popular party-game series and was one of the last games released for the Nintendo 64. The game had 70 new mini-games, 2 new characters, and a mode that made its first and last appearance.

Mario Party Party Watitng Room

• 185 results
    nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Oh man, Jason please upload it quick so I can watch it. I can never watch things live so I always appreciate the effort to upload things quickly.

OGJackWagon69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By OGJackWagon69

That was the GOAT stream, DMX Goomba, Jeff's seething hatred for the game, and Brad's lottery winnings only to have Dan steal them away at the end, seriously some of the greatest shit ever on this site.

Avatar image for deactivated-62001d97f34e0
    deactivated-62001d97f34e0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

honestly fuck that game, jesus what a crock of shit the game just randomly thrown shit out to people at random to fuck with people. fuck that.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That was amazing. I demand Goomba DMX for chat!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#155  Edited By mike

Great stream, but I have to say that some of the other moderators and I were quite disappointed in the behavior of some Premium users tonight. Pretty gross stuff guys, don't forget that the standard rules still apply in chats. Don't be a jerk, it really isn't that complicated or difficult. If you don't like a stream or have a problem with a staff member, please just go do something else instead of trying to drag everyone else down with you.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By korwin

@mb said:

Great stream, but I have to say that some of the other moderators and I were quite disappointed in the behavior of some Premium users tonight. Pretty gross stuff guys, don't forget that the standard rules still apply in chats. Don't be a jerk, it really isn't that complicated or difficult. If you don't like a stream or have a problem with a staff member, please just go do something else instead of trying to drag everyone else down with you.

This makes me glad that I was barely paying attention to the chat.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: Nobody wins indeed.

Avatar image for physicalscience
    physicalscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: I did not participate in the chat but I am upset that people cannot be civil and nice

ikramit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By ikramit

@korwin said:

@mb said:

This makes me glad that I was barely paying attention to the chat.

Same , its becoming apparent that the GB chat is going further and further down the way of youtube and twitch so I just don't pay it any attention these days

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow, I'm glad I was about 30 mins late and didn't open the chat. That said, I think it's clear that no one but Dan was having fun, and even if that makes for an entertaining stream for the audience, I don't think it's fair to expect them to keep doing this.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It was a blast in a lot of ways, but I also see exactly where Jeff is coming from. The vast majority of the game is essentially a series of dice rolls, no pun intended. It's shit you have no control over whatsoever so it's kinda like 4 hours of kinda sorta passively playing this "video game." If 1-3 are considered the best in the series then I'm being completely genuine when I say I'm not so sure that they should do another one of these because Jeff looks genuinely bummed out, and Brad and Drew just didn't seem to care. I'm praying that's just stupid nostalgia talking though and people only like these games because they were children and didn't know any better and still think everything from their childhood is flawless.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has gotten to the point where I honestly wonder if there is some real animosity between Dan and the others, especially Jeff and Brad. Maybe they just play up their responses to him for show, but it really seemed as if there is an increasing level of annoyance with him. Brad comes off as especially hostile.

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was an extremely long slog through it but holy shit the ending was fantastic.

Can't wait for Mario Party Party 4

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Rafaelfc

As much as I enjoyed these streams, I think it's time to move on.

Brad, Jeff and Drew just can't have fun with these games. I thought at a point they would accept the shitty nature of Mario Party and just roll with it and have some fun along the way, but they just seem more and more miserable and keep bringing up the same criticisms over and over (they are 100% correct in their assessments, but criticizing Mario Party was never supposed to be the point of the feature).

Their time is best employed with games they care about or are more excited to play, I'd take a bunch of new Bombasticas a new Breaking Brad and anything that featured Jeff playing some random game from start to finish over another Mario Party at this point.

GeneralZod37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc: I think I am with you on all of those points. The idea of playing all Mario Party's was a pipe dream to begin with, and I'm happy they made it this far.

If anything I just don't want to see such a palpable level of animosity during a live show. There is enough bad mojo going around the world as it is. I come here to have fun and to watch people have fun playing video games, shitty ones or not.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need this upload so bad.

Also its really sad to hear that the chat was disruptive.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
    deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I think it's time to cut Mario Party as well. Really, there's nothing else to see from the rest of the games.

If they want to play something truly heinous and anger inducing; they should play Diplomacy.

SuperFusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah.. I felt like this one did not have the same charm that the first two did when the crew played through them. In the first two, Drew Brad and Dan had a good rivalry going on. They still bashed the game (and rightly so), but it did not feel like they just genuinely wanted to get the fuck out of there like today. Jeff hated all of them, but I felt like he was playing up his hatred in the first two for comedic purposes. Now he was really bored out of his mind with little attempts at humor. I enjoyed them while they lasted, but I think this feature is done.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't see the live show. What was wrong with the chat?

physicalscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@excast said:

It has gotten to the point where I honestly wonder if there is some real animosity between Dan and the others, especially Jeff and Brad. Maybe they just play up their responses to him for show, but it really seemed as if there is an increasing level of annoyance with him. Brad comes off as especially hostile.

I am almost certain that is all for show, there are times when I think all of their "off air" personalities peep through on air and I believe that though they might not be best friends or anything, they don't have a problem with each other. I think the biggest thing that puts Dan at odds with the rest of the GB team is that he likes Nintendo games and at times the rest of them seem to have some sort of animosity towards that.

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I'd be super disappointed if the cancelled this feature. 1+2 were fantastic and while this one was way too long for them it was still great. Maybe it needs a break but I hope not.

heaveninblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't laughed so hard in a while. This and Vinny's Farcry 4 stream were amazing.

I hope the series continues, but bring down the turn count to around 25.

Seems like around turn 40 when it goes from fun miserable to miserable miserable for the crew.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

This stream was great. That said, they should probably do 20 turns max from now on. I seem to remember the gamecube ones being even slower so a 20 turn game would still be like 2 hours. They're always funnier before they run out of energy and it was clear that after the 2.5 hour mark or so, they were toast.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrissedoff: From what I saw, people were...let's say...not shy about calling names and expressing their thoughts about how certain member of the staff were acting. Specifically Dan and Brad. It was noticeably worse than normal in that normally chat seems quite fun and civil, but it wasn't completely anarchy or anything like that.

beans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By beans

I'll just leave this here, nobody-wins

nobody wins and I fucked up the quality.

triplestan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the show, it actually felt a lot like the classic TNT's like Fortune Street and Burnout Paradise to me, and DMX Goomba is clearly the best new Giantbomb in-joke in a long time. I do agree that it was a little long though, if Jason hadn't subbed in for Drew it would've run out of steam much faster.

It's a real shame that chat was exceptionally shitty too, it got to the point where I just had to close it completely which is something I never do. Reminded me a lot of the chat in Brad's Twitch channel last week - a lot of hate directed at Brad and Dan, and even Patrick. (Which I thought was especially tasteless)

physicalscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like stuff like this because it feels more like old GiantBomb. There used to be TnT, random old game streams (like the 3do and the snes 20th anniversary. Actually where is our Playstation anniversary stream?), and features like random pc game and load your last save. Stuff like Mario Party breaks up the podcast, three quicklooks, and UPF that most weeks consist of. I hope they either bring back some stuff like TnT or at least do some other things that change up the sort of boring monotony of late.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By MezZa

Wow that was a long one. 3 is probably the one I've played the least of, and I can see why. I don't know if it was just that board, but it seemed more boring and lengthy than I would've expected. It was pretty enjoyable to watch though and some good moments came out of it. Have to say though, if Brad's attitude of "who cares because in such and such minutes this doesn't matter anymore" spreads to the other 3 (who am i kidding, 2, Dan will always care), then they probably should just stop playing Mario Party. It takes all the fun out of watching them play if they don't get invested or at least make an attempt at appearing interested in what happens. I don't want to watch people push buttons and watch a clock, I want to see them get into the game. I think that's why this one fell flat for me more than the others. Seeing their hopes go up and eventually get crushed makes for great moments, and that just didn't happen as much this third time around. I don't mind if everyone complains when bad things happen the entire game because its far more entertaining than watching them go through the motions because they don't care about competing anymore. I'm torn because I really want them to play the gamecube games because they at least control better in my opinion and might be more bearable, but if what we saw from Brad is a new apathetic trend we're going to see start up then they should just take a good long break and maybe come back to this much later. That being said, the surprise of Drew's moment of frustration, and Jeff's usual perpetual scowl made it worth watching this time around.

bassguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

People seem to be having a hard time separating reality from fiction here.

Reminds me of the "Why does Ryan hate Brad?" emails.

physicalscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bassguy: this exactly, also the "does Ryan hate Patrick" bit

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjern: mario party is a harsh mistress

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By BradBrains

I dont know. Im not saying brad does hate dan but he was kinda being a jerk to him today.

physicalscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@physicalscience said:

I dont know. Im not saying brad does hate dan but he was kinda being a jerk to him today.

Yea I just watched the full video and I would have to agree it seemed a little openly hostile. Specifically getting upset about the wrestling references when Brad seems to either bring up Dota or Destiny every chance he can.

gravytrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be okay with not having another one of these. The first two hours or so were really funny, but after that it was all downhill. The guys clearly aren't enjoying themselves, and that makes the content generally less enjoyable for me.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I had no idea Drew could even get annoyed. Or angry. It was bizarre watching stoic Drew slip deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole. Some of Jeff's expressions during the stream were fantastic, though. Nothing but pure contempt for the game, as it should be.

I was worried that Dan and Brad were going to get into a knife fight near the end there, though. You could cut the knife with that tension.

duke_of_the_bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I do think that this stream was great I think they need a MP break for at least a couple of months and maybe play less rounds if they do another one. 35 seems fine, 50 is just too much. The boards are simply not varied enough to support a 4 hour game with at least 2 people hating the game.
    Also I spent 5 minutes in the chat, closed it and never looked back. Sad to see, really.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watitng Room.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.