Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mario Party

Franchise »

Mario Party is a collection of mini-games played with a variety of iconic Nintendo characters. They are notable for being games of skill.

Should the Bombcrew do another Mario Party Party?

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Poll Should the Bombcrew do another Mario Party Party? (1586 votes)

Totally! The salt and frustration is what makes the feature. 50%
    Not really. The tension and the sense of tedium among the crew has already worn out as a fun to watch element and will only make the next MPPs more frustrating to play and less entertaining to watch. 22%
    Yes, but maybe be more selective about which MPs are played (they get better!), or wait for Mario Party 10 8%
    Yes, but spruce it up with a drinking game or some additional mechanic so everyone but Dan will not die of despair 16%
    Other motherfucker! 6%
     • 
    ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

You know if enough of us write in asking them to play Fortune Street, they'll probably just ignore it. But Waluigi is in that game so maybe Dan would be on board.

Loading Video...

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@tits_matador: I am aware. Just saying they already know about the game so up to one of them to want to do it.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#254  Edited By csl316

@imsh_pl said:

@csl316 said:

After every trilogy, I'd like to see them dip into something like Crash Bash or Sonic Shuffle. For historical comparison.

@danryckert, if you want them to truly appreciate what Mario Party brings to the table, have them try out some shitty knock offs on live internet video.

Oh God, there are shitty knock offs of Mario Party?

Except that Nintendo had the foresight to poop these out and not care at all.

Crash Bash and Sonic Shuffle had production values because mascot-based party games were the next big thing!

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

You can play out the final sibling battle between Aku Aku and Uka Uka, in party form!

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By Substance_D

If they're going to play 50 turns, wait til Mario Party 10.

If they're going to play through all of them, only play 20-25 turns per game.

catpowerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mario Party today. Mario Party tomorrow. Mario Party forever.

shaunsharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#257  Edited By shaunsharky

I love watching the Mario Party Parties. If you're not into it, you don't have to watch it. My guess is, based on the number of comments from the videos and forum threads like this, that they are getting quite a few views. For me, it's just fun seeing the way the game screws people over. I remember playing these in college and there was one friend of ours that 9 out of 10 times would get totally screwed over by the game. It was almost as if the game was sentient and just liked to pick on him. I do wish they took it just a little more seriously, not that they can't have fun with it, but when they obscure the screen with photos or shots of people's heads, it makes it difficult to watch.

The fact that they're so long just adds to it for me. I like watching a 1/2 hour here and there until I've seen the whole thing or I'll sometimes put the video up while I'm playing Hearthstone or some other game that doesn't require my complete attention. I'm really looking forward to the Mario Parties that use the microphone (all Game Cube versions, I think). I think they should be required to use the microphone when they get to those.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Is it wrong that I watch them purely to see Jeff in pain because he's such a curmudgeon about games I like? (Mario Party not being one of them).

I will second those who just want to see Dan lose though. He can be such a prick sometimes that I just need him to lose.

robsamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

To quote Jeff at 13:20; "We're just going to play Mario Party until you stop watching it, or we all quit."

Mario Party Death march.

Lamashtu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By Lamashtu

Much as I love Dan, the rest of the crew should reap their vengeance against him by:

1.) Choosing Waluigi before he can get to him.

2.) Teaming up on him in free for all games.

3.) Deliberately screwing him over in team games.

Joe Juba of Gameinformer knew how to troll him:

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#261  Edited By Tom_omb

I've only played one or two of the MP games and it's an interesting glimpse at how they have evolved over the years. It gets a little tiring, but I just do other things while the video plays in the background and I listen to the always entertaining banter of the crew. Maybe it doesn't have to be 50 turns...?

...Who am I kidding? Of course it has to be 50 turns!

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Oh, no. It hasn't been nearly long enough since the last one, which basically broke the previously unbreakable Drew. Jeff surprisingly managed to get through it with some sanity left (mostly by entertaining himself by channeling DMX), and Brad visibly hated everything about it.

I'm going to watch the shit out of this, but it needs a warning before the video:

No Caption Provided

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to force a lower turn limit. Fuck what Dan says. I love the guy, but 50 turns is too much for everyone involved except him. I'd be down for 50 turns, sure. But since the people who are actually there, don't, it doesn't make sense to keep doing it. The gimmick of them having to sit through 50 turns is over. The crew (besides Dan) just seethe pure hatred now rather than keeping it tucked away.

Other than that, the feature is great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.