Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 29, 2017

Ubisoft's first major collaboration with Nintendo brings the Mario and Rabbids series together in a crossover tactical turn-based RPG. They gave Mario a laser gun.

Mario + Rabbids reviews are out!

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This and Splatoon 2 has finally broken my resolve and I ordered a switch earlier this morning. Makes me glad that the reviews seem very positive :-)

Viqor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Viqor

Here's USGamer's Review by Mike Williams - 4.5/5

and Eurogamer's by Oli Welsh - Recommended

and Waypoint.Zone's impressions by some guy named Klepek.

Things are looking good. Just ordered my copy to get in on that 20% discount on Amazon pre-orders.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
    deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I read the Nintendo World Report review and got really excited. It sounds really good, can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of blown away by the fact that it's good. The Exquisite Corps has me in the mood for some XCOM, so...I guess I'll be getting this.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By MocBucket62

Neat to see this game review quite well! I feel great for the development team in particular, especially seeing the Davide Soliani, creative director of Ubisoft Milan, nearly cry when he was acknowledged by Miyamoto himself at E3, showing me that him and the development team really cared about this project and they really put the hours to make a Mario/Rabbids TBS game work.

Feeling this is gonna be a Jeff, Brad and Ben quick look, with Jeff likely doing the review if there is any (or this could be Ben's first review).

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neat to see this game review quite well! I feel great for the development team in particular, especially seeing the Davide Soliani, creative director of Ubisoft Milan, nearly cry when he was acknowledged by Miyamoto himself at E3, showing me that him and the development team really cared about this project and they really put the hours to make a Mario/Rabbids TBS game work.

Feeling this is gonna be a Jeff, Brad and Ben quick look, with Jeff likely doing the review if there is any (or this could be Ben's first review).

But GBEast has been showing off their strategy game prowess and expertise. They are the obvious pick for all coverage on this game.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@redwing42: True, they could cover it too. But GWest is more Rabbid friendly and Ben has that Rabbid Peach sticker on his laptop, so...

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#9  Edited By MikeLemmer

I can't wait to see their shocked expressions on the Bombcast that a Rabbids/Mario game is really, really good.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'm genuinely surprised at how much positive buzz this is getting. Admittedly, games writers saying something eventually gets difficult doesn't do a whole lot for me (because it turns out a lot of games writers aren't great at strategy games if our own beloved Giant Bomb is any indication) but I'll definitely pick it up somewhere down the line now that I have a Switch. If not for the XCOM 2 expansion, I'd probably pick it up tomorrow.

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks joyful and relaxing. A nice offset to the brutality that XCOM can dish out at times.

MudKatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even have a switch yet but amazon will give me a discount on this ending today and I love mario and XCOM to no end.(though i give 0 shits about rabbids) The quick and dirty for anyone out there...should i just get it if i plan on getting a swich either way?

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudkatt said:

I don't even have a switch yet but amazon will give me a discount on this ending today and I love mario and XCOM to no end.(though i give 0 shits about rabbids) The quick and dirty for anyone out there...should i just get it if i plan on getting a swich either way?

It seems weird to me to rush to save $12 on a game if you still need to buy the $300 system to play it. Like if you absolutely think you're gonna get a Switch soon, it might be worth it I guess? But it's not like it's half off or anything. And because it's being published by Ubisoft and not Nintendo, it might actually go on sale after it comes out (when you actually have a Switch).

MudKatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MudKatt

Yeah, I get that it's a little weird but I will definitely buy a switch by the time odyssey comes out either way. I'd get it now just so I could play Mario Kart with friends, but I was sorta waiting on a bigger library. But if this game is good I would get it by or around then either way, thus why I am wondering.

To clarify even further, I've been waiting on Switch to become easy to find but I live in Southeast Texas and basically I've gotten a week + off from work due to the hurricane. I've been looking at a switch for me and my girlfriend to play since it released though I am not in a hurry for one at all, and looking around today I think my local store has a couple in stock that I've been considering getting this week to kill time anyway. I know next to nothing about this game other than Mario XCOM so that is pretty much why I'm wanting thoughts from people that might think along the same lines.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sure am gonna have a lot of games to chose from when I can finally find a Switch

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Bollard
    doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@bollard: That actually happens too, it's not just some weird cut that makes him do it for a second.

I'm incredibly excited for this. My only two concerns I had were that it was going to be very simplistic and lacking in depth, and that it would be too easy and kinda be a snorefest. Sounds like it's the exact opposite. If someone told me there would be a Mario x Rabbids game that played like Xcom and was also both complex and challenging, I'd say you're out of your fucking mind. Yet here we are. What a world.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Been excited about this for a while now. I thought it was interesting even before the E3 reveal, when the Giant Bomb crew and 8-4 Play crew were both poo-pooing the game on their respective podcasts. I was very happy to see the Bomb crew's excited looks when they saw what the game actually would play like at E3, and the same feelings extended to 8-4 after they walked back on their initial reaction to the concept and noted that it could be fun and interesting.

Living abroad in a place where Amazon doesn't ship to, I ended up going with digital download. Game should be ready and waiting for me to dig into once I get off work, though I still have the newest episodes of GoT and Rick and Morty to watch also...

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Luigi dabs! I can't wait to play it!

Just a little bummed my copy doesn't get here til Thursday :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.