How do you upgrade?

#1 Posted by BonOrbitz (2252 posts) -

I'm confused about something regarding this awesome game. After completing the first stage, I was able to view the upgrade screen where I can unlock special abilities. I was unable to upgrade any of my abilities at the time, so I started the second stage. I immediately ended the game because I wanted to start the first stage over because I didn't get all three medals based on my score.

I completed the first level with the three medals, however it didn't give me the upgrade screen. I moved onto the second stage, completed it, and moved onto the third stage without getting the upgrade screen yet again.

So now I don't know how or where to upgrade my character and can't find anything addressing this online, so am I missing something obvious or is this a bug?

#2 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Before each level you get the upgrade screen. It does to me, at least.

#3 Posted by BonOrbitz (2252 posts) -

@Klei said:

Before each level you get the upgrade screen. It does to me, at least.

That's not happening with me, but on the third level I found a random flag that allows me to access the upgrade screen. Maybe I broke something when I restarted the game to play the first level again?

#4 Posted by locolukah (114 posts) -

@BonOrbitz: You don't upgrade until you find that flag...you didn't break anything :-p

#5 Posted by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -

I found the flag and got the upgrade, but then the level after that it just popped up when I finished the the level, so I'm not sure how it's supposed to work

#6 Posted by BonOrbitz (2252 posts) -

@locolukah: @MildMolasses: After finding the flag the upgrade screen has been appearing between levels so it seems everything is going according to plan. I love this game!

#7 Posted by cannonballBAM (609 posts) -

I like the concept that the outfits have benefits/faults, just like in the Shank 2 coop play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.