Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel Heroes Omega

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 04, 2013

Marvel Heroes was a free-to-play online action-RPG originally lead by one of the key people behind Diablo and Diablo 2, David Brevik. It featured many playable heroes from various Marvel properties. Both Marvel Heroes and it's developer, Gazillion Entertainment, shut down on November 24th, 2017.

Marvel Heroes 2015

EdgeKasey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, Jeff talking about this game has me thinking maybe I should give it a try. Anyone else play this recently and what you think of it??

owen99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By owen99

i downloaded it after listening to the podcast. Quite good so far, played about 4 hours as thor. Jeff described it right when saying its a game you play listening to podcasts or other stuff. I actually have been playing it catching up on the giant bomb live shows on my second monitor.

It does have great cartoon cut scenes, very 90's marvel cartoons.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Bezerker85

If you like Diablo & Marvel characters you'll love this game. The amount of pay stuff is kind of crazy, but you could go the entire game without spending a cent. I stopped playing the game once Diablo 3 UEE came out on PS4 but after watching Jeff play it on UPF I started to get the itch and I re-downloaded it and got my Punisher from 25 to 54. After watching Jeff play it i also used my splinters (one of the many currencies in MH) to buy Cap America so i'll be leveling him up once I get Punisher to 60.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played a ton of this game 3rd quarter of last year, then stopped due to to other distractions and life stuff (moving and all that jazz)

I recently got back into it, and holy crap it's still amazing. I loved it before, but in my few months gone they have added so much new content. Harder modes of old zones, new zones, harder version of those new zones, and the Ultron event, and 10ish or so new characters I didn't have (which I quickly obtained). I've put an unhealthy amount of time into this game the past few weeks, and have no desire to slow down.

The most recent addition of achievements is also fantastic. They add a fun layer of things to do, and actually offer rewards in game that range from "hmm" to downright fantastic. I also finally did one of the raids, all be it the easiest version, and it was super cool. 9 other people killing some big mean bosses that have some interesting, thought not unheard of in the MMO space, attack patterns, then ending by fighting a 50 story tall flame demon thing which explodes into so much loot you don't know what to do, was awesome.

I also personally feel it is one of the best F2P styles of games out there. The in game currency that lets you buy characters isn't horrible to attain, and for new players the Random hero Unlock boxes are really cheap, and should be gotten until one has 20ish or so heroes. I've put money into the game, because I have loved my time with it, but if you aren't into that you can still have an amazing, full experience without putting a cent into it. Everything outside of extra S.T.A.S.H space can be gotten in game with enough dedication.

If you have anymore questions regarding the game please hit me up here or in the game! I'm happy to help. My in game name is Takayama.

Also: Squirrel Girl is god tier, and so darn adorable.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Great game, I own most of the hero roster and got about half of them at least prestiged once over. Currently about to start working on getting Hawkeye through cosmic prestige which other people have told me will be a tough pill because of how much exp is nerfed on that level. I like the game alot and is probably the game I like to play just to zone out while listening to podcasts or watch tv. If you do decide to play and are looking for some people to play with or have any questions there's a giant bomb supergroup that is always willing to help out.

For new users this is actually probably a pretty good time to get into the game. At the moment due to the release of Avengers: AOU the main Avengers character in the first film currently have a 50% EXP boost and for those new players who are logging on for the first time will get the option to choose from Hulk, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thor or Captain America for free along with the usual free starter heroes. This week is also omega week so you're getting an increment of exp boost to stack along with the 50% if you did choose to play as one of the movie avenger heroes. Buy one, get one free sale is also happening as well so if you do decide to splurge some cash on heroes or costumes you can walk away with a free random hero or costume. In a few weeks I think the games anniversary is coming up and they usually do something crazy like give away tons of free random hero tokens, equipment stashes, team-up heroes, costume, potion and other goodies. You can usually check out the marvel heros 2015 subreddit or @angus_lafroy giant bomb info thread for up to date information about stuff happening in the game.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I have played it before as it's been out for several years (despite any changes to the games name) and it was really bad. I never got why Jeff liked it so much.

I played it again recently, and I bought Gambit. I already had Cyclops, but maybe I just don't like playing him. The game is a lot more fun with Gambit, and I see significant improvement to the flow of the game since last year. It's definitely improved since it was first released.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I love the game. I don't like Diablo style games, but this one struck a chord with me for some reason. I am hooked!

EdgeKasey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds great, I downloaded it when I went to bed, so after I get back from work I might take it for a spin!

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By BBAlpert

I started playing yesterday and ran into a dilemma. Do I play as the character that's been my favorite since I was a kid, but has a playstyle that doesn't seem particularly exciting to me (Colossus)? Or do I play as a character that seems like he has more interesting skills, but is (in my opinion) a super lame character (Hawkeye). Or go with a middle ground option that I think is so-so as a character and looks like he has some maybe interesting options (Cyclops).

OR just say "fuck it", pay a few bucks, and rock out as Squirrel Girl?

Colossus is so cool, but his skills are so boring! Like, one of his starting skills is "punch". 10 or 15 levels later, he learns "some other punch that calculates damage using a different stat". At 30 or whatever, he learns a third punch that uses some third stat. Beyond that, he's got a tackle and a ground pound or something, but nothing fun like "12% of your arrows will shoot poison gas or lightning or whatever"

*edit: Apparently Colossus learns that sick "HUAAAARGGHH" explosion thing he does in the old X-Men arcade game at level 30! I know it's a terrible reason to pick a character, but it might be what tips it for me...

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I updated it after the UPF as well, but haven't actually started playing again. I started way back when Ryan Davis was talking about it and have about 6 hours into it. It's MMO diablo but everyone looks the same and it was kinda wierd seeing 20 daredevils running around with me at the same time. The pricing for costumes was way to high as well, although that may have changed and apparently their are free ways to get them now besides random loot.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By spiceninja

I've put 20 or more hours into it since it launched and I'm mixed on it. It's a perfect podcast game, and that's exactly what I use it for, but as a game it's not very good. Death is practically nonexistent since you never have to worry about your health even going down to half and because of that I'm always way overstocked on health items. The combat itself it extremely bland, the story is meaningless, and it's a game all about repetition if you want to play multiple characters.

With all that being said I've put $50 or more into it to play as my favorite characters (also got a few costumes and took advantage of some BOGO sales) and I keep playing it. There's enough Marvel there to keep me interested even though 20 minutes in I'm still mindlessly killing Hydra soldiers while looking for the next area to go to. It's a bad game but it's fun. It's weird.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's one of the only free to play games I've ever gotten into. If you like Diablo and Marvel then it's a lot of fun. They run BOGO sales on heroes pretty frequently, so that can be a good way to expand your roster for cheap. They've also recently changed the starting character system so that you can try out all of the starters to level 10. It lets you get a sense for the game before committing. The way I look at it is that you can have a perfectly good time playing for free (especially if your favourite character is one of the free ones), but you like it you can get a lot of playtime out of $60. Just don't buy costumes, they are dumb unless you're really into a particular character (or have a ton of money to spend).

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

I've played since the beta off and on; its fantastic for a free to play game, though I wish Marvel would invest in getting us some quality console release games and not all this mobile/tablet crap they are churning out.

EdgeKasey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I tried it out the other night. Mind you I was pretty tired, but I can see what people mean when they say its a "podcast game". Seems very easy and repetitive. My problem is probably that I am a focused gamer. When I play a game, I play a game. I don't like to do other things while playing a game. I am a multitask machine at work, so relaxing for me is doing one thing hahah

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#15  Edited By sammo21

@edgekasey: its a Diablo game, honestly. I don't think its as good as Diablo 3, but its still good (for me). For me a podcast game is one I don't need to care about hearing dialogue. Most competitive mp games (where I am even paying attention) are podcast games for me as well, unless I am in a party with friends.

EdgeKasey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to like it, so I will try again. I did enjoy playing as the Punisher, but I was super tired. That may have coloured my opinion.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I've tried Marvel Heroes a few times over the past years. Diablo-style hack'n'slash games are not necessarily my favorite genre, but once in a while I feel like playing one. I had some trouble getting into this one though. I'm starting to suspect the problem is that I picked Storm as my starting character though. She's one of my favorite X-Men otherwise, but not much fun to play here. David Brevik was on USGamer's RPG podcast recently and talked about how the new heroes they're adding all have wildly different playstyles, so maybe I'll have more fun if I try playing as someone else. I just have to grind out some currency first.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@edgekasey: You also have to get a ways into the game, say level 30 or so, before options start opening up to deviate from the main story, which is quite easy more or less regardless of your difficulty setting.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is pretty fun.. I've spent a decent amount of money on it. It is kind of insane what you have to do to be end game content ready though.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love it and have spent somewhere between 40-60 bucks on it. While I haven't played in some months I do periodically load it up and see what is new. I just wish I could find something as awesome as my first love of Ms. Marvel.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@bbalpert: Coming from someone who started playing colossus when the game first came out. The character almost killed the game for me. He's fine but probably not the first character I'd recommend when playing for the first time.

If you are finding the game rather easy you can always change the level of difficulty as you unlock them. Most of the difficulty for this game comes from the end game content, mostly cosmic stuff and raids.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius: Nova seems fairly close. Love the Sam Alexander character in the cartoon!

Funkupotamous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game is a lot of fun if you can convince a friend to join you. If not it's still enjoyable when you've got a few podcasts to listen to while playing. I agree that characters get more interesting around the level 30+ range. Not only do more possibilities open up but difficulties seem to get tougher as well.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius: Nova seems fairly close. Love the Sam Alexander character in the cartoon!

Yeah I Sam a lot in the comics. Definitely have to give him a shot the next time I get back in. I'd like to finish off my Jean Grey since she's almost level capped.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Played this on launch then a bit after, is this thing still alright and or better since launch? I imagine a ton has changed by now.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I played it during beta, didn't play it much after launch, then picked it back up about three or four months ago hardcore. I have, like, half of the heroes to level 60? Something like that. I main Black Panther, Thor, X-23, and Iceman right now.

I love the game. However, three things I'll tell you right now:

1. If you are not interested in playing more than one character, this isn't the game for you.

2. If you are not interested in hardcore grinding, this isn't the game for you.

3. If you are not interested in repeatedly doing the same things over and over and over and over, this isn't the game for you.

With that said, the Marvel Heroes forums are a great place to start your adventure. The community is fairly non-douchebag (there's a couple lingering around, but not that often), and there is a ton of information in the hero-specific and general discussion forums to get you on your way.

As for a starting character, I believe they have the Avengers rotation up right now. If that's the case, I'd start with Cap or Thor if you want a melee character, Iron Man or Hawkeye if you want a ranged. Those are the best options at the moment.

MillaPhallus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do understand that Marvel Heroes 2015 is a PC and Mac game, but it would have been so cool if only the developer had thought about mobile ports. I mean, these games are working way better than PC or consoles these days. Existing Marvel titles for mobile ain’t bad at all, but new ones are always welcome, ain’t they?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.