Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

Marvel Fightpad

yates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By yates

No Caption Provided

Performance Designed Products LLC (“PDP”), a worldwide leader in the videogame accessory market, today announced the limited Marvel Edition Versus Fighting Pad for the Xbox 360. This new game pad has been designed specifically to appeal to both fighting gamers and fans of Marvel comics, with high-quality parts, unique design and explosive artwork taken from the pages of one of Marvel’s biggest events of 2010: SIEGE. The Marvel Edition Versus Fighting Pad will be available at retail and on PDP.com for a suggested retail price of $39.99 beginning February 14, 2011.

"In the last few years, fighting games have re-emerged as an incredibly popular genre in the console gaming world, with a dedicated, serious audience that demands high-quality tools," said Tom Roberts, chief technical officer, Performance Designed Products. "We have designed the Versus Fighting Pad to be the ultimate game pad for fighting-game players while reflecting the super heroics of Marvel in this special-edition controller."

PDP has joined with Marvel to create the Marvel Edition Versus Fighting Pad, a patented, wired six-button controller specifically designed for AAA fighting games on the Xbox 360. As players would expect from an actual arcade machine, high quality micro-switch activators have been used for the thumb stick, which has been custom designed and constructed to feel like an arcade joystick but with the more comfortable and compact feel of a thumb pad.

The Marvel Edition Versus Fighting Pad buttons have been placed in the expected six-button configuration on the face of the pad to give the user true arcade feel and accuracy when playing fighting games. The thumb stick has a rubberized, over-tooled cap while the pad itself has a satin grip finish, which means that the controller moves exactly as players demand without slipping out of their hands.    

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/2/7/marvel-vs-capcom-3-marvel-edition-versus-fighting-pad-for-xb.html  

As a Fightpad user myself this really interests me. Wondering how well the thumb stick will function as my only complaint with the sf4 fightpad is how much the d-pad destroys my thumb when playing charge characters.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By animateria

Man, that front cover is busy. 

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mwng

The fact it's lopsided annoys me no end for some reason.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By beargirl1
    @animateria said:
    " Man, that front cover is busy.  "
    yes, much like the game itself 
    Colt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Colt

Is that doctor strange and spiderwoman i see?

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mwng

Found this if anyone wants to see it in "action".

Ichorid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Ichorid4

Sure there's some research behind this 'ergonomic' lopsidedness but just looks stupid to me.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By scarace360

just play stick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.