Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

Sentinel and Hsien Ko reveal videos are up!

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar
    VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By VicRattlehead

yay  lei-lei..... also thank god the capcom side has japanese voices  

edit: kinda strange sentinel is calling ryu an avenger...

zameer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By zameer

I'm not trying to stir shit but could someone tell me why a lot of leaks come from Europe? It can't be down to just journalists there just having no respect for embargoes right? I'd assume offenders'd be locked out from future reveals if that was the case.. so it has to be something else?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ryanwho

They really went the extra mile to find the most grating voice possible.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rhaknar
    @zameer said:
    " I'm not trying to stir stir shit but could someone tell me why a lot of leaks come from Europe? It can't be down to just journalists there just having no respect for embargoes right? I'd assume offenders'd be locked out from future reveals if that was the case.. so it has to be something else? "
    I dont think these videos are a leak, IGN had a few reveal videos exclusives, maybe eurogamer just got these last 2 exclusive (they have been running alot of Nitsuma interviews lately).

yesterday's german mag pictures were a leak tho, since nothing had been revealed officially, but then again, its a mag, I'm sure Capcom knew when their cut off for the issue coming out was.

Besides, the REAL leaker who started all this with the actual full list of characters months ago, Lupinko, as far as i know is American :P
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rhaknar

just noticed that in Sentinel's reveal video, he's teamed with Storm and Magneto...cute Capcom, cute :P

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ryanwho

Also I really wish they'd show any male character (or really anyone without tits) from the Darkstalkers universe a bit of love. 

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By VicRattlehead
    @ryanwho: I do agree but then again it is nice they are including any darkstalkers characters at all
    mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By mesoian
    @zameer said:
    " I'm not trying to stir stir shit but could someone tell me why a lot of leaks come from Europe? It can't be down to just journalists there just having no respect for embargoes right? I'd assume offenders'd be locked out from future reveals if that was the case.. so it has to be something else? "
    European embargo was up last night. Eurogamer just has an exclusive for the videos. 

As for the magazine...well, you gotta print those eventually and they need to get to store shelves...things happen. That's how most game leaks occur.
    mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By mesoian

No Caption Provided
    My body is ready.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rhaknar

in one of the gameplay videos Dante goes "How come I never meet any nice girls" when he faces Hsien Ko... I wonder if that's specific for her, or for any of the DS chicks :P

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Lei Lei doesn't seem interesting to play. Sentinal is a bit slower but might still be good. Zero/Dr. Doom/Sentinal it is for my team.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Rhaknar said:
    " just noticed that in Sentinel's reveal video, he's teamed with Storm and Magneto...cute Capcom, cute :P "
    Nobody knows their fanbase better than Capcom. 

Its great to see another Darkstalkers character with a fresh 3D appearance (after the Darkstalkers sprites were continually rehashed in crossover games for an entire decade) but she really doesn't look that interesting from a gameplay perspective.
    benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By benpack
    @ryanwho said:
    " They really went the extra mile to find the most grating voice possible. "
    Sweet Jesus you're right.
    drjota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By drjota
    @zameer said:
    French Gaming Press...They've yet to announce whether there will be multiplayer... ;-)
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rhaknar

seriously, Sentinel is saying "Avenger(s), cease and desist" in his reveal video, has to be... but he's facing ryu. Either im mishearing it (i keep replaying it, dunno what else it can be), or it was a non-final version bug and he actually says that to cap / ironman / thor in the final version

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#17  Edited By Hailinel
    @Rhaknar said:
    " seriously, Sentinel is saying "Avenger(s), cease and desist" in his reveal video, has to be... but he's facing ryu. Either im mishearing it (i keep replaying it, dunno what else it can be), or it was a non-final version bug and he actually says that to cap / ironman / thor in the final version "
    Sentinel likely doesn't have anything special to say to Ryu and that's just a general opening quote.  Nothing to get worked up about.

I am disappointed by the lack of mango duds in those videos.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Hailinel said:
    " @Rhaknar said:
    " seriously, Sentinel is saying "Avenger(s), cease and desist" in his reveal video, has to be... but he's facing ryu. Either im mishearing it (i keep replaying it, dunno what else it can be), or it was a non-final version bug and he actually says that to cap / ironman / thor in the final version "
    Sentinel likely doesn't have anything special to say to Ryu and that's just a general opening quote.  Nothing to get worked up about.  I am disappointed by the lack of mango duds in those videos. "
    him calling someone an Avenger doesnt sound like a generic opening quote :D Also, the comic book, x-men fanboy in me hoped he would say "mutant" when he tagged one, and not their names :p Hopefully he will in the openings against the x-men tho
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Sentinel looks cool; never heard of the other one. Also, still no Frank West, but whatever. Stupid technical reasons. 

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @MooseyMcMan said:

" Sentinel looks cool; never heard of the other one.  "

... you've never played Darkstalkers? You're seriously missing out. 

I also want to add that the Male Darkstalkers need to be represented in more crossovers. I want more Jedah, dammit.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3
    deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@MysteriousBob:  Jedah would be sweet. I'm a fan of Talbain as well.
    Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By SuperWristBands

This is the day I was waiting for. What is up with Hsien-Ko's voice though? God damn.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Sasran said:
    " This is the day I was waiting for. What is up with Hsien-Ko's voice though? God damn. "
    Its bad, but at least it still matches the character. Unlike the bratty teen American Juri. 'shudders' 
    Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

I'm a little nervous about the ability to have Storm, Sentinel and Magneto again...
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Bobby_The_Great said:
    " I'm a little nervous about the ability to have Storm, Sentinel and Magneto again... "
    if youve seen Marn's dante/zero/Viper, or Justin's (or anyone's really) Chun Li, you'd "worry" more about those
    FUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FUN

Niitsuma: " Darkstalkers series - It is important to consider worldwide appeal. Although I did want to include more characters from this series, the development schedule did not permit this..."
    Considering that Morrigan, Felicia, and Lei-Lei have been the three most popular characters in that order since Vampire Hunter, it's not that unlikely they would have chosen her to be the third rep along with Felicia and Morrigan, especially since he's considering world wide appeal.

Niitsuma (cont'd):  "... Although I did want to include more characters from this series, the development schedule did not permit this. Jon Talbain would have been my pick."
    He wanted to add Gallon, who's real source of popularity lies in the West, in both tournament and fandom, and that's pretty good for a character who hasn't appeared in a crossover game.  Considering that they were pushing for Jedah (too gruesome and violent, likely to raise rating) and Demitri (implied memory consumption and Marvel saying no to Midnight Bliss) and Donovan (not sure, probably same problem as other characters being "memory hogs") they were definitely looking into repping Vampire fairly, in the end they just went wit hthe big three.  I wish Donovan made the cut, especially if Lei-Lei was in too, I'd have my two mains from Vampire Savior 2 on the same team.  If Gallon pops up as DLC, or any character for that matter, Capcom might as well just have my bank account.

Draco9898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Draco9898

Sentinel again? Where is my pretty little handgun.

At least I don't have to fight 3 Guile's at once I guess.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#28  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @FUN: Talbain has always been one of my favorite Darkstalkers and he'd probably be easier to add since his attacks involve very little deformation when compared to the rest of the cast.  But I really don't know what they would be able to do to differentiate him from other rushdown characters like Felicia and Wolverine.

If I had to pick I'd want Anakaris but I KNOW that's never going to happen, second choice would be Lord Raptor.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#29  Edited By Hailinel
    @StarvingGamer said:
    " @FUN: Talbain has always been one of my favorite Darkstalkers and he'd probably be easier to add since his attacks involve very little deformation when compared to the rest of the cast.  But I really don't know what they would be able to do to differentiate him from other rushdown characters like Felicia and Wolverine.  If I had to pick I'd want Anakaris but I KNOW that's never going to happen, second choice would be Lord Raptor. "
    Step 1:  Include Demitri.

Step 2:  Midnight Bliss

Step 3:  Victory for everyone.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Hailinel: Hahaha, they're already complaining about adding Darkstalkers characters because they're too hard to animate.  With Demitri they'd have to remodel/animate every other character in the game too.  Either that or just take away Midnight Bliss in which case he's just a poor man's Morrigan.
    FUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FUN

Which sucks, I would LOVE to see Midnight Bliss versions of Marvel characters.  Spider-Man to resemble May Parker, Dormammu to resemble Umar looking more demonic, Sent to an Omega Sentinel, such lulzworthy potential.

I'd love to see Shuma-Gorath, just add a bow and lipstick a la Mars People from SVC Chaos

No Caption Provided

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By MikeFightNight

Wicked, they just sold me a copy. It's kind of sad that Lei Lei's sister Lin Lin doesn't get any play in the shots I saw.  I understand why since they would have to make a new character model, but she has always been a part of Lei Lei's design.

Thank you Capcom for putting in a la carte Japanese VO.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @FUN: Ok maybe you've sold me, but only so I can see this

No Caption Provided

And when you say May Parker I'm assuming you mean this

No Caption Provided

And not this

No Caption Provided

Also it would be pretty hilarious if Wolverine turned into X-23 and X-23 mysteriously turned into Wolverine
    rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

I would like Frank...  

But hey it's all good!

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By Rockdalf
    @StarvingGamer said:
    " @FUN:
       It would be pretty hilarious if Wolverine turned into X-23 and X-23 mysteriously turned into Wolverine "
    Hilarious in a "fans would set cars ablaze" kinda funny?
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Rhaknar said:
    " @Bobby_The_Great said:
    " I'm a little nervous about the ability to have Storm, Sentinel and Magneto again... "
    if youve seen Marn's dante/zero/Viper, or Justin's (or anyone's really) Chun Li, you'd "worry" more about those "
    I find it funny how everyone is moaning that they've included 'broken-ass Sentinel' even though this is a completely different game. If anything, he looks less threatening than the other characters shown including, as you've mentioned, Zero and Dante. Different game, different tiers. Even if Storm, Sentinel and Magneto were as powerful as they once were, it seems everyone else has caught up. I mean, have you seen Zero in action? Its crazy.
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Eelcire

Looking forward to trying out Hsien-Ko as she's my second favorite fighting game character to play as. Shame Capcom didn't bother to model Mei-Ling during Hsien-Ko's dark force move; instead they opted for the cutesy talisman. If a male Darkstalker were to be included I'd want Donovan, though I'd imagine he'd be a bit more difficult due to needing models of his sword elementals as well as Anita following him around in the background.

I now have my team Darkstalkers! Also, having three reps from the Darkstalkers series gives me hope that there is still life for it.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Eelcire said:
    " Looking forward to trying out Hsien-Ko as she's my second favorite fighting game character to play as. Shame Capcom didn't bother to model Mei-Ling during Hsien-Ko's dark force move; instead they opted for the cutesy talisman. If a male Darkstalker were to be included I'd want Donovan, though I'd imagine he'd be a bit more difficult due to needing models of his sword elementals as well as Anita following him around in the background.  I now have my team Darkstalkers! Also, having three reps from the Darkstalkers series gives me hope that there is still life for it. "
    I'd like to see Fetus of God as an MVC3 stage. It would bump up the rating to an 15 at least.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.