Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

Will there be”Super" Marvel vs Capcom 3 in February 2012

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By l4wd0g
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

It's too early to tell.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Pessh

No, they've already committed to patching and dlcing the shit out of it. We've got Shuma and Jill next month, then Frank West and Elektra. I doubt they'll be working on DLC characters and new characters for super at the same time. If they still do rerelease at that stage what are they adding? Everyone already has the characters, maybe they'll do a goty edition but I don't see a new game. Another thing to bear in mind is this isn't just Capcom, if they wanted to a Super they'd have to sort out licensing and all that shit with Marvel.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @Pessh: Did they actually confirm Frank, or is this wild speculation/rumors you're talking about? 

Also, I agree that there shouldn't be a "Super," unless it's just the DLC packed in. 
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By gosukiller

No. They are going the DLC route with this one.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pessh

They confirmed he was going to be in it but had to be cut late on so looking pretty likely...

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By scarace360

There will be alot of dlc though.
    GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By GunnBjorn

No. The days of Street Fighter II with its many iterations are over. It doesn't suit the MvsC series anyway. DLC is where its at nowadays.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix Wright! 

Oh, wait...

Malphye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Malphye

99.99% of me says no. I don't mind the dlc but after watching the mvc3 quicklook, game feels like it shipped earlier then expected. Or what I expected.

zameer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By zameer

I think that stand alone expansion pack style is almost dead today. Capcom's a company that loves reminiscing with its fans; so I think SSFIV was just a wink and nod to SFII's 8094382940823 iterations.

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kjellm87

No Caption Provided
    xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xshinobi
    @zameer: Maybe only on the consoles. But standalone expansions are alive and well on the PC.
    zameer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By zameer
    @Xshinobi: I'm primarily a PC gamer too mate, but the only solid standalone expansions to AAA games I can think of are the HL2 episodes and Crysis Warhead.

Even if you were to expand your statement to include conventional expansion packs, I still wouldn't say they're "alive and well". Some games like DoW 2, Europa Universalis III receive excellent post release support, but they strike me as the exception rather than the norm; the fact that Awakening was heralded for being an "old-school" expansion pack speaks volumes about the current shift to DLC, regardless of platform.

I'm definitely hoping that SCII starts a renaissance in well-thought out, solid add-ons to games we already know and love. I'm not being an unreasonable PC fanboy hating on DLC obviously, but for every excellent DLC release from Bethesda there are dozens of really sloppily-made money grabs.
    delusionaltool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By delusionaltool
    @Kjellm87:  yes that is awsome picture hahahaha
    delusionaltool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By delusionaltool

naw , this game is gonna be dlc all the way , they could keep adding characters the skys the limit.  its marvel vs capcom were not gonna see a super anywhere in the title they only do that for street fighter games accept xmen - vs street fighter which became marvel vs capcom.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By EpicSteve

Does a Super versus game exist? 

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Oh you mean MAHVEL 4.

Gilsham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gilsham
    @zameer said:
    " @Xshinobi: I'm primarily a PC gamer too mate, but the only solid standalone expansions to AAA games I can think of are the HL2 episodes and Crysis Warhead. Even if you were to expand your statement to include conventional expansion packs, I still wouldn't say they're "alive and well". Some games like DoW 2, Europa Universalis III receive excellent post release support, but they strike me as the exception rather than the norm; the fact that Awakening was heralded for being an "old-school" expansion pack speaks volumes about the current shift to DLC, regardless of platform. I'm definitely hoping that SCII starts a renaissance in well-thought out, solid add-ons to games we already know and love. I'm not being an unreasonable PC fanboy hating on DLC obviously, but for every excellent DLC release from Bethesda there are dozens of really sloppily-made money grabs. "
    I know the DoW2 exp are stand alone and I think the DoW ones are also, but yeah there isn't many other than those
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Essentially "Super" would just be Capcom's version of "Game of the Year Edition".  Considering SSF4 and BlazBlue came out at the 40 dollar price point, and most GOTYs come out at 60, it wouldn't be consumer unfriendly.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheFreeMan

All the licensing stuff they'd have to (presumably) go through to put out another version of MvC3 points to "no". They're already rolling out the DLC too and apparently they've talked about patches (spectator mode), so it's not looking too likely that another version will be coming out soon, if at all.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By nick_verissimo

Highly doubt it based upon the MvC track record and considering all the DLC this game is going to get I can't really see it happening. At the same time though, GOTY editions with all that DLC packed in seem to pop up eventually, so who knows!

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By handlas

wut is all the DLC people speak of?  2 characters that are more than likely already on the disk that were taken out to sell as DLC later?  Or the costume packs that are stupid just like SSF4 and Dead Rising where they are just trying to nickel and dime you.  And Shadow Mode....no way would I pay for that.

GOTY editions are just the game with all the DLC.  So I reckon this will end up getting a re-release under Super Marvel vs Capcom 3 just like SSF4 with a couple extra modes and a couple extra characters.  More money more money more money more money.  People that say "well previous MvC games didn't have Super editions."  True, but that was before all this DLC crap came along so I wouldn't be surprised especially with some of the things they left out of this game.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By MikkaQ

Past experience with MvC says no.

delusionaltool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By delusionaltool
    @handlas said:

" wut is all the DLC people speak of?  2 characters that are more than likely already on the disk that were taken out to sell as DLC later?  Or the costume packs that are stupid just like SSF4 and Dead Rising where they are just trying to nickel and dime you.  And Shadow Mode....no way would I pay for that.  GOTY editions are just the game with all the DLC.  So I reckon this will end up getting a re-release under Super Marvel vs Capcom 3 just like SSF4 with a couple extra modes and a couple extra characters.  More money more money more money more money. "

more money yes but only in dlc. they already annouced that frank west and elektra will be next after jill and suma gorath or whatever his name is. its gonna be 2 characters + 5 custom costumes. God no super marvel vs capcom they wouldnt do that they never have for any marvel game, there is a reason the game is called marvel vs capcom 3 fate of 2 worlds it would be pointless.   people forget that this is not STREET FIGHTER , street fighter 4 came out cause it was the next street fighter game, as in following with tradition super street fighter 4 came out as did super street fighter 2.  xmen children of the atom was first game, the follow up was xmen vs street fighter which spawned the marvel vs capcom series.
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By handlas

@delusionaltool: I had X-men vs Street Fighter on the Sega Saturn or something.  I remember being pissed because you couldn't swap out characters during a fight....the best part of the game!

I don't understand how character DLC will work.  What if my friend d/ls the characters and I don't?  Will they release a mandatory update for everyone regardless if you buy the characters or not?  The other option, splitting the community, sounds like a bad idea especially if they release multiple packs.  I recall reading not so long ago people were pissed that everyone couldn't see their SSF4 DLC costumes that they purchased....makes sense that I wouldn't see them if I didn't pay to download them.

JokerFrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JokerFrown
    @handlas:
    You know that they will end up releasing patches when the DLC characters are released.  Capcom may just want your money, but they are not going to destroy and split the community.  Thats bad business 101.  Heck Marvel Ultimate Alliance had manditory patches when they released their DLC characters so friends could still play together reguardless of if one or the other didn't purchase the DLC.  Just remember no one is forcing you to buy the DLC.  If it offends you that they are releasing DLC, stay away and keep your money.
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By handlas
    @JokerFrown: Bad Business 101?  Being blatantly obvious that you are nickel and diming your customers.  I didn't buy a shred of SSF4 DLC...so.  Thanks.  Nor those Dead Rising packs, I'm glad the guys laughed at Vinny for buying two Dead Rising 2 costume packs.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By ajamafalous
    @handlas said:
    " What if my friend d/ls the characters and I don't?  Will they release a mandatory update for everyone regardless if you buy the characters or not? "
    Of course that's what they'd do. What's the downside? If you're able to be in a situation where you'd be seeing someone else's DLC characters then you'd be in a situation where you could receive a title update.
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By handlas
    @ajamafalous said:

" @handlas said:

" What if my friend d/ls the characters and I don't?  Will they release a mandatory update for everyone regardless if you buy the characters or not? "

Of course that's what they'd do. What's the downside? If you're able to be in a situation where you'd be seeing someone else's DLC characters then you'd be in a situation where you could receive a title update. "
    downside is having to d/l updates and take up space for characters I don't even have in my game.  That's why I'm saying I would just almost prefer they release Super MvC3 a year or so later with all the new stuff for 40 bucks.  I probably would buy it rather than buying DLC pack of characters after DLC pack.  Just trade up like I did with Street Fighter.  I suppose the upside is I can buy the characters I actually want...then again if they come in packs then they will probably put the popular characters with characters no one wants; just like they did with Jill.  I'm hoping she will come stand-alone.

Does anyone have any like hard info that says they are gonna go DLC route?  Or are we just assuming based on the 2 characters they are releasing soon.  I've already read from multiple people that they have seen players using Jill online already...somehow did something to unlock her....AKA she is on the disk.  Either they are BS or she is; not sure yet I haven't seen her.
    l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By l4wd0g
    @EpicSteve said:
    " Does a Super versus game exist?  "
    Not to my knowledge, but Capcom's fighting series are confusing to say the least. from two onward there have been weird mixes. Capcom did release 3 versus games in a row in 1996-1998
    FUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By FUN

The answer isn't just "no," but "obviously not."

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#33  Edited By benpack

I accidentally clicked yes, but I really meant no.:(

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#34  Edited By MachoFantastico

Maybe won't be entitled 'Super' but I think there certainly will be a second edition of MvC3. Think Capcom went a bit cheap with parts of this game so it would be welcomed.  

Oh! and on a side note Pheonix Wright NEEDS to be in this damn game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.