Spider-Man 2

#1 Edited by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Will there ever be a MARVEL game as good as this one? I remember the swinging was fantastic, the side missions were pretty fun, there was lots to do and find even if the main game was bit boring, the scope and potential this game had showed that there could be a lot done with the Spider-Man franchise, only it was too busy being a film tie-in to actually stand out.

So I ask, now that the Spider-Man films are pretty done and dusted (for the time being), do you think there will be a definitve Spidey, or for that matter any MARVEL hero, game on the horizon?

#2 Posted by Met2609 (555 posts) -

I haven't played Marvel Ultimate Alliance (although it came with my XBOX 360), but I've heard that gives it a run for its money. Anyway, Spider-man 2 was an excellent game, I loved it. It was also rare for both the game and the movie being great.

#3 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Yeah, I heard MARVEL Ultimate Alliance is pretty good, but my friend has it and says it plays like a suped up version of X-Men Legends, which I thought was alright at best, so i'm unsure.

#4 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

Marvel alliance 2 looks amazing

#5 Posted by Falkien (211 posts) -

Ultimate Spiderman was the best spiderman game in my opinion

#6 Posted by Matthias (41 posts) -
Falkien said:
"Ultimate Spiderman was the best spiderman game in my opinion"
Agreed. I hate playing as Venom though.
#7 Posted by Falkien (211 posts) -

true.. but the storyline was very unique and well done. The movie games were horrible...

#8 Posted by Ryan_ (174 posts) -

Spiderman web of shadows is just around the corner and that is completely based off the comics

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.