Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Arrival DLC pre-release theories!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By LiquidPrince

So, the game hasn't even technically been announced yet, aside from a leaflet in Dragon Age 2 and the PS3 trophy incident. We do have a name however: Arrival. So I don't know what the current theories are, that are circulating, but my current theory is that Arrival is not reffering to Shepard arriving on earth but rather the Reapers arriving on Earth. If you look at the original debut teaser for Mass Effect 3, it's obvious the Reapers are already causing hell, and this DLC is meant to be the bridge between the two games, so I think it makes sense.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

That's what I'm gathering as well. It may even tie into that rapidly dying star that you encounter when you recruit Tali, with all this talk of dark matter and such, in that CN update with the Scientist who's to star in Arrival.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CenturionCajun

I'm going with the theory that Arrival simply means that the Reapers are about to reach the edge of the Galaxy. They're going to save the whole Earth under attack thing for Mass Effect 3 proper.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By Chris2KLee
    @CenturionCajun said:
    " I'm going with the theory that Arrival simply means that the Reapers are about to reach the edge of the Galaxy. They're going to save the whole Earth under attack thing for Mass Effect 3 proper. "
    Yeah, if there is going to be more DLC, then the last one should end with the attack on Earth starting. Just a quick scene where the ships are shown descending on the planet and a "To be continued..."
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Animasta

commander shepard will shoot robots.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By nick_verissimo

Does anyone else think that maybe the DLC will make you play as the ever so cheery Englishmen in the trailer?  It'd be fun to get that perspective of complete confusion and chaos as the Reapers begin to attack Earth.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @CenturionCajun said:
    " I'm going with the theory that Arrival simply means that the Reapers are about to reach the edge of the Galaxy. They're going to save the whole Earth under attack thing for Mass Effect 3 proper. "
    Do you think so? With your way I would imagine it would have to play out like the suicide mission, thus being near the end of the game. Meaning you play the whole game while the Reapers are having their way with earth. I would assume, the DLC actually has the Reapers arriving, and so Mass Effect 3 might start with Shepard heading into the suicide mission, but Just before that happens, the game flashes back a few days, to show what Shepard was up to. Possibly before the jump back in time, you would have a whole new crew making you go, who the hell is that?
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By CenturionCajun

I personally can't imagine that Earth is going to be the focal point of the entire Reaper invasion. If it is that might break my entire suspension of disbelief for this game universe. I personally hope that relieving Earth is a major part of the story but the final confrontation with the Reapers will take somewhere else.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By damswedon

Didn't they say there were 2 story DLC's to be released at some point this year? 
    On those Dragon Age 2 leaflets ARRIVAL and INVASION seem are bigger than all the other text. 

I'm guessing that Arrival will be Shepard investigating that ship that was attacked during the Cerberus Network news stuff and will end with the Reapers in the universe. 
    Then a month or so before Mass Effect 3 hits a pack called Invasion will come out an it will end with the Reapers invading Earth.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By csl316

Weren't they planning something amazing before ME3?

Could this be it?  Something crazy like the beginning of the Reaper invasion?  If so, I could see ME3 starting mid-battle.

IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By IcySandman

I'm guessing arrival is HOW the reapers find a way to the galaxy out of Dark Space...because wouldn't it take a damn long time for them to move out without a mass relay?  I don't understand how Sovereign got there, but if someone's going to say he just flew in than all of the reapers could have done that and ended Mass Effect 1 where it started...

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Gabriel

The Normandy II is a Reaper.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Yummylee
    @IcySandman said:
    " I'm guessing arrival is HOW the reapers find a way to the galaxy out of Dark Space...because wouldn't it take a damn long time for them to move out without a mass relay?  I don't understand how Sovereign got there, but if someone's going to say he just flew in than all of the reapers could have done that and ended Mass Effect 1 where it started... "
    Sovereign was always there; he stayed behind after the Prothean wipe, as a 'Vanquard' to watch on the new races build upon the technology they've left ect. As to how the other Reapers do infact arrive, I think that would hopefully be explained more in detail in the actual DLC. It definitely has something to do with Dark Matter, plus the scientist to which this Arrival DLC looks to be centred around.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @CenturionCajun said:
    " I personally can't imagine that Earth is going to be the focal point of the entire Reaper invasion. If it is that might break my entire suspension of disbelief for this game universe. I personally hope that relieving Earth is a major part of the story but the final confrontation with the Reapers will take somewhere else. "
    They set it up in the second game though. They said that the Reapers wanted to be created in the image of the Universe's greatest beings which is why the final Reaper was looking like a human.

@Gabriel said:
    " The Normandy II is a Reaper. "

What...?

@damswedon said:
    " Didn't they say there were 2 story DLC's to be released at some point this year? On those Dragon Age 2 leaflets ARRIVAL and INVASION seem are bigger than all the other text.  I'm guessing that Arrival will be Shepard investigating that ship that was attacked during the Cerberus Network news stuff and will end with the Reapers in the universe. Then a month or so before Mass Effect 3 hits a pack called Invasion will come out an it will end with the Reapers invading Earth. "

This sounds possible, and cool.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Yummylee
    @Gabriel said:
    Which forces the team to venture where they never thought they'd venture once again: 

*Cue generic USA guitar riffs* 

I'm back, baby!
     I'm back, baby!
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Brendan

The only thing I care about is when they are releasing these pieces of DLC.  I assume there has been no rough guesstimate of when they are coming out this year?

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Doctorchimp

What if the actual word Arrival has nothing to do with the Reapers?

What if these next two pieces of DLC are going to set up Shepard in his leadership role for the Galaxy. Like Arrival means Shepard breaking away from Cereberus and even just being a Spectre into a galactic leader and Invasion can be a glimpse of the reaper forces ending in a cliffhanger?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Doctorchimp said:
    " What if the actual word Arrival has nothing to do with the Reapers?  What if these next two pieces of DLC are going to set up Shepard in his leadership role for the Galaxy. Like Arrival means Shepard breaking away from Cereberus and even just being a Spectre into a galactic leader and Invasion can be a glimpse of the reaper forces ending in a cliffhanger? "
    Emperor Shepard?
    s0mah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By s0mah
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " @Doctorchimp said:
    " What if the actual word Arrival has nothing to do with the Reapers?  What if these next two pieces of DLC are going to set up Shepard in his leadership role for the Galaxy. Like Arrival means Shepard breaking away from Cereberus and even just being a Spectre into a galactic leader and Invasion can be a glimpse of the reaper forces ending in a cliffhanger? "
    Emperor Shepard? "
    Hahaha.  Done in the style of Fable 3.

YOU HAVE 123 DAYS BEFORE THE GAME MAKES AN ARBITRARY TIME LEAP AND YOU GET FUCKED BY REAPERS.
    jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jillsandwich
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @Gabriel said:
    Which forces the team to venture where they never thought they'd venture once again: 

*Cue generic USA guitar riffs* 

I'm back, baby!
    I'm back, baby!
    "

KILL IT WITH FIRE, AND M-920 CAIN ROUNDS.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @damswedon said:
    " Didn't they say there were 2 story DLC's to be released at some point this year? On those Dragon Age 2 leaflets ARRIVAL and INVASION seem are bigger than all the other text.  I'm guessing that Arrival will be Shepard investigating that ship that was attacked during the Cerberus Network news stuff and will end with the Reapers in the universe. Then a month or so before Mass Effect 3 hits a pack called Invasion will come out an it will end with the Reapers invading Earth. "
    I just looked at the leaflet. The word invasion doesn't even appear. It's just a French word.
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Commander Shepard is gonna a rock a sick ollie of the nose of the ship. 

And then kill robots.

VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By VanTesla

Arrival is about the invasion of earth from the Ewok empire.
    Avatar image for delicious_brains
    Delicious_Brains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Delicious_Brains

There was one going around the Bioware forums that it involves Batarian space and an alliance mission, possibly because they need the Normandy SR-2 for a stealth mission.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By mazik765

Especially after seeing the leaflet in my DA2 copy, I'm firmly of the belief that it is the arrival of the Reapers in the galaxy, if not Earth.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Well duh!  The first trailer showed them all over the Earth.  They're probably on every planet...fending for their LIVES!!!

@LiquidPrince said:

" So, the game hasn't even technically been announced yet, aside from a leaflet in Dragon Age 2 and the PS3 trophy incident. We do have a name however: Arrival. So I don't know what the current theories are, that are circulating, but my current theory is that Arrival is not reffering to Shepard arriving on earth but rather the Reapers arriving on Earth. If you look at the original debut teaser for Mass Effect 3, it's obvious the Reapers are already causing hell, and this DLC is meant to be the bridge between the two games, so I think it makes sense.

"
    Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Hopefully it'll be the longest DLC of all. If not, I'll still probably want it.

sanzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sanzee

RETURN OF THE MAKO

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Demyx
    @nick_verissimo said:
    " Does anyone else think that maybe the DLC will make you play as the ever so cheery Englishmen in the trailer?  It'd be fun to get that perspective of complete confusion and chaos as the Reapers begin to attack Earth. "
    I did after I saw the trailer for it. I think there's a good chance.
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30  Edited By WickedCestus

Earth!? That's where we live!

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By rawrnosaurous

This could go several ways concerning the term Arrival, the one I hope is not going to be it is the reapers arriving.

Arrival of the Rachni back on the galactic scene

Arrival of the True Geth making themselves known to the greater galaxy

Arrival of the Quarians on their home planet or home system

Arrival of the Alliance finally finding the Illusive man

Arrival of the Quarian ship that went out into dark space with henderson and that biotic girl

I just really don't want it to be anything as cliche as the reapers arriving in the galaxy as I can see that coming from a mile away.

Kenkaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kenkaze
    @Laketown said:
    " commander shepard will shoot robots. "
    This.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.