Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Cerberus Card

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SteamPunkJin

The first time I ever heard mention of the Cerberus Network Card was the last item on the list of what's included in the CE box, the mystery combined w/ the preorder armors was enough to make me order the CE. 
    Today EA/Bioware announced that the Cerberus Network Card would ship will all new copies of the game, akin to the codes in Dragon Age: Origins. 

I'm not sure if I'm alone in this or not but I'm a bit peeved that they waited until now to announce this; not that it would really change which version I was getting, but to tout it as a part of the CE and then have it be standard, feels a bit...I don't know, wrong?

I see what they're trying to do, but if it was known about months ago for the CE, why announce this a week before release?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mordukai

It's called marketing. 

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By willin

It's not like it's being taken away. Just be happy everyone will have it.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Andorski

On the official ME2 forums a developer cleared it up a couple of weeks ago, saying that it was never claimed to be exclusive, but only stating that the CE version had it.  It just sounded like a mix-up in communicating to the consumer what the standard edition and collector's edition contain.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.