Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Is it me or does the PS3 version look horrible?

• 66 results
    Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Cincaid

I know that quoting Gamespot is frowned upon by many, but they recently gave PS3 ME2 the score of 8.5 (360 and PC versions got 9.0 a year ago), and people are raging hard over there because of it (which is always hilarious). Kevin lowered the PS3 score mostly due to shitty framerate at times and textures not looking like they should, among other things.

I'm no reviewer, nor have I played the PS3 version. Just thought I'd link the videoreview, where Kevin brings up these issues: Linky.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By ravensword
    @KaosAngel:

ugh. It dosent look worse, get over yourself. Also, its not the weakest. It has a slightly weaker GPU then the 360 technicaly, but devs get over that.
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By zombie2011
    @ch13696: It's what you get for buying the game 3 fucking times.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By mordukai
    @Enigma777 said:

" I've only played the demo on the PS3, but I found that the faces look way too plasticly... "

Dude! It's Unreal Engine. Everything looks like it's made from plastic. 

@ch13696 said:

" @CL60 said:

" it's not you. The game truly does look bad on the PS3. Plus has framerate issues, and the audio is out of sync at times.

YUCK 

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/3/1/8/7/3/8/texture1_ps3.bmp.jpg
    http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/3/1/8/7/3/8/texture1_360.bmp.jpg    "
    Wow, I knew it. I thought this was supposed to be on their new engine. What happened?  "
    WHile there are differences the PS3 version and the 360 are pretty much the same given that some spots look better on the PS3 and some parts look better on the 360.Both Digital Foundry and LOT say that at the end both version are the same.  

Here's the full the gallery of pictures from Eurogamer and you can clearly see that some spots are better on the PS3 and some spots are better on the 360.  As far as I am concerned the 360 gets the advantage because that 360 users get to play Mass Effect 1 and PS3 users have to do with a comic.    CL60 based his opinion based on one picture, not a very good move IMO. As far as the technical issues then I remember having Audio synch problems and graphical goofs on the 360 also so like I said. Nothing major to fret about. 
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By mordukai
    @JerichoBlyth said:
    " If you've played the PC version on the highest settings then the PS3 version will look like a shined up dog turd in your estimation. "  
    A PC version of the same game running on Highest setting will look better then the console one???? SHOCKING!
    habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By habster3

I haven't had a problem with it so far...

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By JerichoBlyth
    @Mordukai said:
    " @JerichoBlyth said:
    " If you've played the PC version on the highest settings then the PS3 version will look like a shined up dog turd in your estimation. "  
    A PC version of the same game running on Highest setting will look better then the console one???? SHOCKING! "
    Well done. You've contributed nothing.

He DID say that he had played the PC version already. 

Go try be smart somewhere else but lower your standards next time. Perhaps you would impress a primary school audience? In other words - shut up.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By ch13696
    @Kazona said:
    " What I find more interesting about this topic, is that you beat the game on two seperate platforms, and then decided to buy it again on a third. Why? I mean, I can understand getting it on the PC as well because it's the better version, and it allows you to import downloaded save games. But what sensible reason could you possibly have for buying it for a third time? "
    Well, to tell the truth, it's more for my brother. I promised to buy it for him as long as I get to play it first. So, he gets a free game, but he'll have to wait till I'm finished with it.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By Enigma777
    @Mordukai: True, but it wasn't as bad on 360. I think it's cause they tweaked the shadows...
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#60  Edited By ch13696
    @PufferFiz said:
    " WHO FUCKING CARES PLAY YOUR FUCKING GAME AND SHUT THE FUCK UP "
    Aawwwwww.... lol... no.
    ryno9881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By ryno9881
    @Clinkz said:
    " You bought all 3 version of Mass Effect 2? I'm sorry dude. "
    I was just about say. You bought 2 copies of ME 1 and 3 copies of ME 2.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By mordukai
    @JerichoBlyth said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    " @JerichoBlyth said:
    A PC version of the same game running on Highest setting will look better then the console one???? SHOCKING! "
    Well done. You've contributed nothing.  He DID say that he had played the PC version already.   Go try be smart somewhere else but lower your standards next time. Perhaps you would impress a primary school audience? In other words - shut up. "
    Which brings me to the question? How do you know how a shined up dog turd looks like? Personal experience at shining dog turds? 
    cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By cjmabry
    @ch13696:  
    Here's my two cents... 

If you really have to debate whether one looks better than the other, then it's much too small of a difference to matter when playing. 
    ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By ProfessorK

Well, I can't tell if it's graphically inferior (but I guess supposedly there's a difference) but I've been experiencing glitches I haven't on 360. Like people floating in the air when the die and me going thru tables when i talk to my squad mates. I even had to load an earlier save because I was floating above the ground in the Citadel after I came from the transport at one point during Thane's loyalty mission.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @kingzetta said:
    " it's you "
    davefromabove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By davefromabove
    wow that's disappointing, after playing uncharted 2 I didn't expect this sort of quality

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.