Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Is this a buy when...

Theavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Theavy

I am not a big fan of mass effect; infact ive played the first one for maybe an hour and had a horrible time. I feel i havent given this game a chance, but i also am not to intrigued by the story or game play.

Please make your case whether to get this game for reasons you believe are true, or make an opposing argument. 

Thanks for the help Internet community. Go Giant Bombinians!

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By falconer

If you don't like it, then don't get it. We're not going to waste our time trying to convince you to get something which you have stated you have no interest. If you don't think you gave the first game a chance, then play and complete that before deciding whether or not you should get the second game. You can get it for dirt cheap now.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By the8bitNacho

I have to agree with ShaggyChu.  These threads always turn into a clusterfuck, and if you have no interest in a game then you shouldn't feel like you have to care about it just because the general gaming community is teeming with excitement.  Save your money for something else.

RWL_MU_OSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By RWL_MU_OSU

The only thing I'll say is that the first hour of Mass Effect is not completely indicative of the whole game.  Once you get to the Citadel and into more of what makes it a great story/RPG, then Mass Effect really comes into its own.  Rent first maybe?

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By gla55jAw

Don't get it if you don't like it.
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Binman88

If you search through the ME2 forums on GB, I'm sure you'll find all the information you need to make up your mind. The fact that you aren't interested in the story and had a horrible time with the first game should really be enough to convince you to hang on to your money though.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond

I didn't like the first game that much, but I just have a feeling this game will have a better streamlined design than the first in a lot of ways.  What the first game was described to be and what it lived up to were two different things to me.  I've preordered the game, maybe I'm crazy.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xyzygy

The first few hours of Mass Effect 1 was all around the Citadel and was the slowest part of the game. Don't base the whole game off of the first little bit because it gets way more open and better as the game goes on. Not only that, but this game is apparently better in every way, well that's what all reviews unanimously say.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By JoelTGM

I couldn't get into ME1, but ME2 looks pretty damn good.  The gameplay looks really polished this time around, and the story and characters look great.  BUY IT.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Luke
    @Turkish_Heavy:  You did the same thing I did.  Played ME1 for about an hour, then put it down for like a yearish.  I then just burned through it last week, from start to finish, and was completely floored by how gewd the game was.  The first Mass Effect really grabbed me at about the 3+ hour mark... it's just super slow to get going. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.