Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Just Wondering

J_Weezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By J_Weezy

Before I start I would just like to say that I know I will not get a definite answer or decision from this post, I only was curious what everyone elese would do in this situation. OK, i literally just beat the first ME 30 min ago, I got it 5 days ago and powerplayed straight through the main story and beat it in around 10 hrs, anyway, because I only did main story (for the most part with a few sidequests if they were on the way) I may have missed some important decisions. Also I was not happy about *SPOILER ALERT*......... having to kill Wrex because my charm and intimidation werent high enough. So basicly what I'm asking is should i import this save even though I may have missed things and am unhappy about a couple of decisions or start fresh? PS: thanks for reading through all that :]
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DoctorTran
    @J_Weezy:  I say do a new game plus and work on that mother effin' Charm, son!
    GamingReligion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GamingReligion

Indeed, go for new game plus. You can play through again with a copy of the character you finished your last playthrough with. Just go to create a new character, and choose to use an existing one.

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By essaregee
    @J_Weezy: There are some really good sidequests that flush out the ME universe, also, not to mention that some side quest decisions will carry over from the first game, and to add to all that, I reckon that you arent level 60 yet, or a really high level. the higher level you are the more items you get (and research points) at the start of ME2. I say new game plus and then do the game over again, and try not to miss anything at all. Most of the sidequests are really a blast to do.
    ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ToxicFruit

its role playing go with the flow man and let the story continue.  

J_Weezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By J_Weezy

Thanks for the replies all :]
    Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dustpan

You don't need charm or intimidate if you do his family armor side quest.

J_Weezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By J_Weezy

I must have missed that quest i didnt really talk to my party members that much :[
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Andorski

There is an exact list of things that ME2 will look at when importing your saves (someone posted them on the forums; can't find the link to it right now).  When doing a new game plus, you can look at the list and make sure you do those side quests (as well as doing all the main story stuff).

J_Weezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By J_Weezy
    @Andorski:
    Thanks I'll definately check that out 
    Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Metroid545

you killed wrex!? :'(

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By korwin

I'm just finishing up a power play through with my level 60, doing all the side quests.  Think I hit a bug though, the colonist background mission didn't trigger for me on this play through... I hope Talitha doesn't factor into ME2.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hatking
    @J_Weezy said:
    "Before I start I would just like to say that I know I will not get a definite answer or decision from this post, I only was curious what everyone elese would do in this situation. OK, i literally just beat the first ME 30 min ago, I got it 5 days ago and powerplayed straight through the main story and beat it in around 10 hrs, anyway, because I only did main story (for the most part with a few sidequests if they were on the way) I may have missed some important decisions. Also I was not happy about *SPOILER ALERT*......... having to kill Wrex because my charm and intimidation werent high enough. So basicly what I'm asking is should i import this save even though I may have missed things and am unhappy about a couple of decisions or start fresh? PS: thanks for reading through all that :] "

It sounds like Mass Effect 2 is going to default to the decisions that would have been made if you were to be neutral and play only through the story.  For example the alien council are dead replaced by humans and Wrex is dead.  If you want to see different outcomes than those then yes play through again, it isn't a big deal.  The big key is to talk to all your party members between each main mission and do all of their sidequests.  You do not actually have to have max charm if you do Wrex's sidequest, he will join you for helping him with it.
    Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cornman89

If you really are unhappy about your decisions, I say start a new game+ and get it right. These decisions are going to follow you through the rest of the trilogy, so you should probably make sure you're comfortable with them.

J_Weezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By J_Weezy

I would start a new game + but I don't think I'll have enough time to beat it again before the second one comes out because I gotta work on beatin some of my other games to make room for all the new ones coming out. so basicly its these decisions or new game for me.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#16  Edited By ahoodedfigure
    @J_Weezy:  Is bumping up those interactions the only way to keep him alive?

@JustTheDoctor: Ooh, Franklyn icon.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#17  Edited By citizenkane

You should definitely go back and increase your stats.

Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Feser

Even though my first playthrough had charm AND intimidated maxed out, and I let Wrex live, I sadly want to play it again just to kill him. It would make my experience so much more differant than anyone elses (Who in there right mind kills Wrex?).
    Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By Alphazero

I don't know that I'd want to live in a universe without Wrex in it.

Shepard. 

J_Weezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By J_Weezy

Lol I didnt want Wrex at all he was amazing, it was too late for me to do anything about it :[. @ahoodedfigure said:

" @J_Weezy:  Is bumping up those interactions the only way to keep him alive?

@JustTheDoctor: Ooh, Franklyn icon. "
    I honestly cant tell you I have far less experience with the game than many others :]
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I say go back and give the game the proper time you need to really enjoy it, whatever that may entail.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jkz
    @Feser said:
    " Even though my first playthrough had charm AND intimidated maxed out, and I let Wrex live, I sadly want to play it again just to kill him. It would make my experience so much more differant than anyone elses (Who in there right mind kills Wrex?). "
    Well, Wrex being dead is the default, and I know a lot of people who didn't do his sidequest and didn't have a high enough charm/intimidate to keep him alive; as a result, it seems to me like his surviving will probably be less likely than his death for most people playing ME2.
    Sly_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sly_Ry

The more you put into Mass Effect, the more you get out of it.
    J_Weezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By J_Weezy

Question, if I start a new game + on ME 1 and dont finish it, can I still import my first playthrough in ME 2?  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.