Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

More Ps3 rumors

• 60 results
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By trophyhunter
    @get2sammyb said:

" @CL60: The rumour is that they'll do a blu-ray compilation of the two games.  Personally, I feel EA are leaving money on the table if it doesn't happen. The only eventuality I could imagine is where Microsoft pays the equivalent profit predictions to NOT put it on PS3.  The game would easily sell one million on PS3. EASILY. It's Unreal Engine, so I imagine the port trouble wouldn't be HORRIBLY complicated.  It has to happen right? "

They said they had several PS3 projects in the works right now. So I'm think mass effect 1 & 2 will not come to the PS3 but I do think mass effect somethingelsetotally will. 
    A mass effect gaiden if you will
    Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Cazamalos

of curse nobody will confirm it before E3 or TGS, but certainly is coming to PS3 but i think not sooner than 2011... 

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By ravensword

They said taht since UE 3 is a Multiplat Engine, its has PS3 code in it. Meaning its not coming to PS3.
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Demyx

If it doesn't come out this year, then I will probably hope for a trilogy compilation for the PS3 when the third comes out. That would be awesome.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Cube: I dunno if that would be in EA's best interest though. Sure they'd get their cash, but in putting ME on the PS3 EA would also be strengthening the brand. And given the way they've handled this sequel, it seems they want to turn it into a mega-franchise. Putting on PS3 gets them a whole host of magazine covers, a whole new set of promotion, a whole new fanbase, more awareness meaning a bigger ME3.

Then again. Gears Of War puzzles me just as much. If Gears Of War is a showcase for the Unreal Engine (which it so often is touted as), why the hell aren't they showing off the way it can do multiplatform? Bemuses me.

@Raven_Sword said:
    " They said taht since UE 3 is a Multiplat Engine, its has PS3 code in it. Meaning its not coming to PS3. "
    Right, but the code is specifically dealing with the Renegade and Paragon system SPECIFIC to Mass Effect 2. I'm not a coder so I wouldn't know. Even if this code proves nothing, I still bet you the game comes.

@trophyhunter: "Gaiden" sounds possible, but there'd be less working in porting a game they already made/have all the assets for, etc. Again, I'm not saying it'd be EASY, but it'd certainy be cost effective given the way it would strengthen the brand and sell at least a million more copies.
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By penguindust

I have Mass Effect 1 and 2 on the Xbox 360.  I know that Bioware has poopooed the rumor that either will come to the PS3, but I hope that it does eventually come to that system.  I'm enjoying the games so much, I want more people to be able to enjoy them, as well.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By trophyhunter
    @get2sammyb said:
    " @Cube: I dunno if that would be in EA's best interest though. Sure they'd get their cash, but in putting ME on the PS3 EA would also be strengthening the brand. And given the way they've handled this sequel, it seems they want to turn it into a mega-franchise. Putting on PS3 gets them a whole host of magazine covers, a whole new set of promotion, a whole new fanbase, more awareness meaning a bigger ME3.

Then again. Gears Of War puzzles me just as much. If Gears Of War is a showcase for the Unreal Engine (which it so often is touted as), why the hell aren't they showing off the way it can do multiplatform? Bemuses me.

@Raven_Sword said:
    " They said taht since UE 3 is a Multiplat Engine, its has PS3 code in it. Meaning its not coming to PS3. "
    Right, but the code is specifically dealing with the Renegade and Paragon system SPECIFIC to Mass Effect 2. I'm not a coder so I wouldn't know. Even if this code proves nothing, I still bet you the game comes.

@trophyhunter: "Gaiden" sounds possible, but there'd be less working in porting a game they already made/have all the assets for, etc. Again, I'm not saying it'd be EASY, but it'd certainy be cost effective given the way it would strengthen the brand and sell at least a million more copies. "
    ehhh lets wait to E3
    Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#58  Edited By Jost1

If there was ever a ME1/ME2 box for PS3 I'd replay them both for the trophies :/

Avatar image for generalmojo_786
    GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

It happaned to BioShock and Lost Planet, also the GTAIV episodes, so im sure ME2 will come to PS3, either way, theres too many other games out this year, not to mention i have a couple of games from last year to catch up :) "YAY ME"

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By eclipsesis

You know what if it does, fine. I don't believe why not Bioware are a third party developer. And if it doesn't well what can i do about that really

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.