Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Things You May Have Missed

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hatking

I have noticed there are quite a lot of small things in this game.  Little conversations, side quests or items only those with a good eye will notice.  Some of these things have been downright great, so I've decided to start a thread dedicated to these things.  Feel free to post anything you feel fits this discription and have a look around to see what you've possibly missed.  I'll start. 

-Bring Legion to the Citadel and speak with Anderson about the Geth at the Presidium.  He'll make a comment why people aren't reacting you your "trophy." 

-On the Citadel there are two Krogan arguing over whether there are fish in the Presidium lakes or not.  You can speak with a Turian groundskeeper in Dark Star who'll inform you of the truth.  You can then go have a entertaining conversation with those Krogan. 

-On the Citadel, top floor, there is a Salarian game store salesman and on the bottom floor there is a Human cook.  They both make some pretty funny comments about their craft when spoken to. 

-On Tuchanka there is a Krogan salesman who will, given the proper dialogue options, will offer you a discount if you take care of a vermin problem.  See to it that you do, don't worry no negative morality points here.  After you take care of the problem revisit his shop and buy the new item, you'll know it when you see it.  Then speak with the Varen nearby if you'd like to make a new friend.
    ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ToxicFruit

you also have the Krogan that is trying to win a girl over with poems.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Jost1

I felt so bad for that Turian being in the "friend zone" with that quarian.  :(  

"Maybe later we can go catch a vid"  :(

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thehexeditor

can't believe i missed this.
    Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mariek430

Take Jack into the restroom in Dark Star, she'll  talk about how she was raped and ended up killing everyone after it.

Taking Legion to do pretty much anything with Tali is also comedy gold

Mordin singing is fucking amazing if you haven't heard it

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hatking

Female: "I don't know Micheal, what medical upgrades do you think we should get for him?" 
    Micheal: "Not sure, maybe we should ask random people on the street." 

Perhaps poking fun at the quest on the Citadel in the first game where you help a family decide to medically enhance a child or not.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By xyzygy

The Crime Lord, Fist, from the first game can be located in the lower level of Afterlife after a certain point in the story. He's not a crime lord anymore, and he asks you to leave him to the only thing he has left - whores. 

Around the cabs on Ilium, near where you can buy the fish, there are multiple Asari family units standing around talking. It's kind of interesting, because one of the young Asari has a Salarian for a Father and he's trying to buy her a present which she will remember him by. Salarians only live around 40 years while Asari live to 1000, so It's kind of sad. There is also one family of a mother and daughter talking about how the father was a Batarian and she got a lot of his personal traits. 

If you talk to the salesman in the Weapon store on the top floor of the Citadel, there'll be an option to ask him about something where he will start acting out a scene where he is hunting some sort of animal. It's funny to note because he is given the animations of a character in combat, he even takes cover behind the counter. When he does, Shepard leans over and tries to look down behind the counter... it's hilarious. I've never seen a more lively Turian! 

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By Jost1

I murdered Fist so i'm betting he ain't around!

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By ImperiousRix
    @josty81:
    Oh God, that made me laugh so hard.  Poor guy.  I've been there before, man.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hatking

I don't believe Fist survived my game... Wrex killed him I think.  However Helena Blake is there, there is a rather long side quest arc in the first game through her.  Basically she has you kill three leaders of a gang and reveals she planned to take over, wise to her games Shepard didn't want that and forced her to go straight.  She is now on Omega as a social worker.
    TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By TimeWaffle

If you bring Legion on Tali's loyalty mission you get some pretty good dialogue

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nictel

I totally missed the conversation Brad talked about on the podcast, you know where two Krogan talk about boning an Assari, does anyone know where/how to trigger it?

Also the bachelor party in Eternity is pure gold. "So you humans celebrate eternal matrimony by risking infidelity?" and the conversation about which species resembles the Assari stripper more.

Eternity is awesome any way with the matriarch bartender and indeed the friendzone trapped Turian. I also felt the "Humans always just want me to take my mask off" is  a sting at the entire Mass Effect fanbase.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hatking
    @Nictel said:
    "I totally missed the conversation Brad talked about on the podcast, you know where two Krogan talk about boning an Assari, does anyone know where/how to trigger it?  Also the bachelor party in Eternity is pure gold. "So you humans celebrate eternal matrimony by risking infidelity?" and the conversation about which species resembles the Assari stripper more.  Eternity is awesome any way with the matriarch bartender and indeed the friendzone trapped Turian. I also felt the "Humans always just want me to take my mask off" is  a sting at the entire Mass Effect fanbase. "

Those are the Krogan I mentioned in the fish quest in the OP.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By GunstarRed

the monkey in the back of the krogan scientists place... it flashed up "punch" 

I did
    emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By emkeighcameron

Anything Zaeed does is comic gold. I love that guy. His background animations during the finale were hilarious.

britg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By britg

When you start Legion's personal quest, there's a cutscene where Joker does an impersonation of him... gold, Jerry, gold.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By donchipotle

Lots of people don't talk to EDI after a certain point. Doing so is very informative.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rjayb89

Man, I wish I got Legion.  By the time I found out where I could get him, I missed the opportunity.  Gives me even more reason to play my renegade playthrough afterwards.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nictel
    @HatKing: Hmm they keep talking about fish :-(
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By hatking

@Nictel:
    They only talked about Asari for a moment when I first talked to them.  Basically saying they are too soft and there isn't anything to grab on to.  I don't think they'll mention it after you finish talking to them after the quest.  :/ 

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xyzygy
    @rjayb89 said:
    " Man, I wish I got Legion.  By the time I found out where I could get him, I missed the opportunity.  Gives me even more reason to play my renegade playthrough afterwards. "
    It's possible to NOT get Legion? Did you decide to not activate him? He's like, one of the most interesting characters in the game.
    Avatar image for surely_youre_joking
    Surely_Youre_Joking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many great moments, from Eternity:

Are the Asari really manipulating all the other species minds so they find them attractive?

Fleet and Flotilla

At some point if you stay around the Turian and Quarian the Quarian gets mad and ask you to leave so they can have privacy.

I also never got the convo about the Asari boning!

If you go into the crew quarters on level 3 after every main quest earlier in the game you'll get to overhear a storyline about one of the crew members who has family on a planet that may be subject to a collector attack.

In Afterlife, order a drink from the Batarian bartender on the lower level and you'll be poisioned, go back to confront him and have multiple option has what to do.

DTKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DTKT

Does anyone know how to update the conversation with characters? My legion conversation just ends up with him saying "We are trying to form a  consensus`". Do I have to do stuff?

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#24  Edited By ImperiousRix

It was actually kinda cool to hear Nihilus brought back up in this game.  Apparently he and Samara had an epic battle that he escaped by putting a civilian in a near-death predicament.

Surely_Youre_Joking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DTKT: I think that might be the end for him.
    megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#26  Edited By megalowho

I totally missed that I could have killed Samara and recruited Morinth into my party to replace her. Then I could have let her seduce me on board my ship and gotten a sweet game over screen for it. I was going Renegade too on that playthrough.. damn.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By joeybagad0nutz
    @DrDemon said:
    "If you bring Legion on Tali's loyalty mission you get some pretty good dialogue "

I want to see that. You know of any vids that have that?
    Surely_Youre_Joking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@megalowho: I'm pretty sure you have to be renegade to turn on Samara, I was never given the option. What did you have to warn Morinth once you got into the apartment?
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jmrwacko
    @Surely_Youre_Joking said:
    " @megalowho: I'm pretty sure you have to be renegade to turn on Samara, I was never given the option. What did you have to warn Morinth once you got into the apartment? "
    It just says "Kill Morinth" or "Kill Samara." If you choose "Kill Samara" I think you need to pass a 100% renegade check.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By hatking

Oh I got a really good one I totally forgot about!   
    On Illium the nightclub/bar Eternity.  Talk to the bartender... at some point you can ask for a drink and she'll set you up on the machine next to her.  Take note of what she looks like.  Open the drinking vender and buy the Vorcha mystery booze... it is the most expensive one at 25 credits.  After drinking it talk to the bartender again.  She should now have makeup on and a slightly younger complexion.  SHE GETS MORE ATTRACTIVE ONCE YOU ARE DRUNK! :D  I thought maybe drinking more would make her more attractive but it doesn't seem to.
    Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By Mrnitropb

On illium, if you let the Rachni queen live, you receive a message from her via an asari near the beginning.

This is by far the best though.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#32  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @jmrwacko said:
    " @Surely_Youre_Joking said:
    " @megalowho: I'm pretty sure you have to be renegade to turn on Samara, I was never given the option. What did you have to warn Morinth once you got into the apartment? "
    It just says "Kill Morinth" or "Kill Samara." If you choose "Kill Samara" I think you need to pass a 100% renegade check. "
    Really? That's totally awesome. I guess I need to max out my renegade before taking on Samara's loyalty quest.
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By DoctorTran
    @marioncobretti said:
    " the monkey in the back of the krogan scientists place... it flashed up "punch"  I did "
    I half expected to get +2 Renegade.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By breadfan

teeknuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By teeknuts
    @thehexeditor: OMG. That almost makes Legion as cool as Mordin.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61980b421cedb
    deactivated-61980b421cedb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HatKing said:
    " Oh I got a really good one I totally forgot about!   On Illium the nightclub/bar Eternity.  Talk to the bartender... at some point you can ask for a drink and she'll set you up on the machine next to her.  Take note of what she looks like.  Open the drinking vender and buy the Vorcha mystery booze... it is the most expensive one at 25 credits.  After drinking it talk to the bartender again.  She should now have makeup on and a slightly younger complexion.  SHE GETS MORE ATTRACTIVE ONCE YOU ARE DRUNK! :D  I thought maybe drinking more would make her more attractive but it doesn't seem to. "
    Upon chatting up that bartender Matriarch for what seemed like 20 minutes (she's hella interesting what with living for over a century and having a Krogan father...), I took a swig of that Vorcha mystery drink and to my dismay, the barkeep looked... attractive? I thought it was just the game having a weird texture pop-in bug or something, but hearing the same thing happened with you... that's actually pretty cool!
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By hatking
    @gewfienewfie:
    Yeah I guess attractive isn't the right word... she does get makeup though... although I think she ends up looking pretty weird.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dany
    @Mrnitropb said:
    " On illium, if you let the Rachni queen live, you receive a message from her via an asari near the beginning.

This is by far the best though.

"
    That is just fantastic!
    SpartanGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SpartanGuy
    @Mrnitropb: Oh my god, that is hilarious. Thank you, that is awesome.
    Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By Darkstar614

"Really commander..."
    Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The Ad for the movie about the first Haner Specter was pretty funny.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.