Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Lip syncing at the start of the game

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cataphract1014

I noticed it in the demo, and I noticed it in the full game. It seemed like something about the lip syncing on Earth was off. Did anyone else notice this?

After Earth it seems to be fine, or I just got used to the weirdness. I haven't gone back to replay the Earth sequence since I beat the game to see if it really was messed up.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NTM

Yeah, I noticed it too. It is off. Every time you see it, it'll be worse than the rest, it's not that you got used to it.

Beiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Beiken

I had a really wierd bug, shame I didnt record it because it was pretty hilarious. The first conversation I had with Liara on normandy shepard and liaras head would follow the little robot guy around making their head twist in really creepy ways (excorsist style), while talking to eachother.

And now that you mention it yeah I think there was a couple of scenes where the "lipsync" was off and some conversation was abit wierd.

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

Did anyone else have the bug where they cut to what would be a close up of a characters face, but the model hasn't loaded, so its just a shot of the corner of a room or something? It always seemed like whoever Shep was talking to already got bored and walked off haha! :D

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By The_Nubster

@ShalashaskaUK666 said:

Did anyone else have the bug where they cut to what would be a close up of a characters face, but the model hasn't loaded, so its just a shot of the corner of a room or something? It always seemed like whoever Shep was talking to already got bored and walked off haha! :D

Fucking constantly. I had one of those heart-to-hearts with Garrus and he didn't load. At all.

bmehlers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bmehlers

I noticed this as well. The syncing is so bad during the Earth sequence, kind of takes away from it a little. Yeah, my first talk with Liara was weird too because their heads were completely turned sideways.

devotfeige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By devotfeige

@ShalashaskaUK666: I've had that happen in all three games, at one point or another. You'd think it'd eventually stop being funny, but I'm never not entertained when it happens.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tim_the_corsair

I like ME3, but the conversations are buggy as shit.

Weird eye rolls, heads following the wrong target, crotch shots, invisible people, Shepard going to use a keyboard and instead waving like a buffoon.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By AndrewB

I didn't notice it on Earth, I just had a bug where lips would randomly stop moving at all during some conversations. As well as all the other conversation bugs mentioned here. Liara and Shepard's head tracking during that one scene is hilarious. It's also funny when the camera just cuts away to a blurry blank wall instead of sticking with the characters.

Natesaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Natesaint

Earth in the beginning is really bad, other parts are janky. Odd that this game seems to have a worse sync than the first two. Sometimes a persons voice trails off also. I really like this game, but damn everything about it just feels rushed. Amazing that the time span between the 2nd and 3rd game didn't seem to help much.

andrew2696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By andrew2696

@Beiken: I had something like that except Shepard was the only head not tracking right. Happened in both my playthroughs.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By NoobSauceG7

It did seem like it was a little off

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I didn't notice this.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By zero_

It was totally off and none of my friends noticed. But I did notice immediately after Earth that it got better... or I got used to it... 40 hours later, I'm still not sure.

briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By briangodsoe

@ShalashaskaUK666 said:

There was one part where somebody said something to Garrus and then invisible Garrus was like "yo".

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By Seppli

During one entire mission on Tuchanka, somehow Shepard's eyes where a tad bit misplaced, so the eyeballs weren't covered by the eyelids. Highly disturbing. Luckily it disappeared after completion of the mission. It looked something like this...

No Caption Provided
    Beiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Beiken

And the "slow fist pump" animation some have, like TIM "I HAS THE POWER" is so ridicolous i laugh every time.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By benspyda

@Beiken said:

I had a really wierd bug, shame I didnt record it because it was pretty hilarious. The first conversation I had with Liara on normandy shepard and liaras head would follow the little robot guy around making their head twist in really creepy ways (excorsist style), while talking to eachother.

And now that you mention it yeah I think there was a couple of scenes where the "lipsync" was off and some conversation was abit wierd.

Yea this happened to me with that robot except it was only Shephards head which twisted around backwards. It was great!

sheldipez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By sheldipez

@ShalashaskaUK666 said:

Most of the time for me it was during the intense scenes heading somewhere in the shuttle, Shepard would be briefing a wall. I was waiting for the camera to pan down to show that everyone had fallen asleep.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.