Mass Effect 3 - VGA Teaser

#1 Edited by overbyte (86 posts) -
#2 Posted by thejamster (263 posts) -

so excited! it's comin!

#3 Posted by BossKong (18 posts) -

That guy was just some dude.

#4 Posted by BulletStorm (488 posts) -

That guy was just shit out of luck.

#5 Posted by fearthephins (148 posts) -

Waiting for this game to come out is killing me.....ahh I can't wait!!!!

#6 Posted by Jedted (2412 posts) -

The voice over sounds like Dominic Keating.  I've been known to be mistaken though. 
#7 Posted by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

So god damned awesome. And it's just what I was hoping for too! It being focused on Earth just makes it so much better :D.

#8 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

Please, please, please don't make the whole game centered around Earth. I love my space and it's travel madness. :(

#9 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Mass Effect  = space travel =  going to different planets on the normandy = meeting new people and doing shit like getting minerals 
 
It will not just be earth folks

#10 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -
@Dany said:
" Mass Effect  = space travel =  going to different planets on the normandy = meeting new people and doing shit like getting minerals  It will not just be earth folks "
Yep.
 
Still, one of my least favorite things about Mass Effect is the goddamn human favoritism. This is Science Fiction. Humans are boring, focus on the aliens. 
 
The more I think about, though, there was no other satisfactory way they were going to fit Earth in the trilogy, was there...
#11 Posted by HistoryInRust (6402 posts) -
@General_D23 said:
" @Dany said:
" Mass Effect  = space travel =  going to different planets on the normandy = meeting new people and doing shit like getting minerals  It will not just be earth folks "
Yep.  Still, one of my least favorite things about Mass Effect is the goddamn human favoritism. This is Science Fiction. Humans are boring, focus on the aliens.   The more I think about, though, there was no other satisfactory way they were going to fit Earth in the trilogy, was there... "
That's a significant theme of the series, though. That's a huge point of conflict. 
#12 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@Sir_Ragnarok said:
" @General_D23 said:
" @Dany said:
" Mass Effect  = space travel =  going to different planets on the normandy = meeting new people and doing shit like getting minerals  It will not just be earth folks "
Yep.  Still, one of my least favorite things about Mass Effect is the goddamn human favoritism. This is Science Fiction. Humans are boring, focus on the aliens.   The more I think about, though, there was no other satisfactory way they were going to fit Earth in the trilogy, was there... "
That's a significant theme of the series, though. That's a huge point of conflict.  "
Well their is no point of reference when in ME3 the reapers will start attacking, that is one thing that would determine how hte game would play out
#13 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -
@Sir_Ragnarok: 
Oh, I agree, it's a huge point. It's probably why I'm kind of "eh" on the overarching story at this point. I really just want to see the characters through.
#14 Posted by overbyte (86 posts) -
@sodiumCyclops said:
" Please, please, please don't make the whole game centered around Earth. I love my space and it's travel madness. :( "

It'll probably be like ME2, where all the trailers showed the Normandy 1 getting messed up, Shepard dying, and all that was like the first 10 minutes of the game.

ME3 might start up with Earth under attack, repelling it and then regrouping to build your massive intergalactic anti-Reaper army.

#15 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

This is the only video for the game I'm going to watch, hopefully I can avoid as much information as possible leading up to the game.  It really annoyed me that they announced all the party members before the game came out, did they not think people would like more of a surprise?  Garrus was the worst for this, he was plastered all over IGN and Kotaku and as soon as you get the quest involving archangel, you know RIGHT AWAY it's going to be Garrus, especially when someone hints it's a turian.  If it wasn't for all the pre-release information, that would have been a great surprise.

#16 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

I'm so sad that Legion isn't going to be there to fight the reapers ;(

#17 Posted by ElusiveCamel (21 posts) -

I thoroughly enjoyed ME1 and loved ME2; it's one of my favourite games of the past 5/10 years. In my eyes, Bioware can do no wrong at this stage with ME3 (they better not :P)

#18 Posted by woo (45 posts) -

Rather than start a new thread about the teaser, I figured I would just post here.  I think this would be a good place to try and glean as much info as possible from the teaser.
 

  • It's been a full week since the Reaper invasion on Earth, and it appears that they haven't received any aid from any other species/colonies.
  • The narrator states the forces are regrouping, does that mean the bulk of the System Alliance military has retreated entirely?
  • Can we assume the Reapers are invading Earth first as retaliation to Shepard?
  • Have the reapers invaded all of the galaxy? Thus the slow response of aid to Earth?
  • The narrator says, "If Shepard doesn't bring help soon.....", This implies that Shepard will be recruiting other species to come to aid, but I can also see a situation will Shephard might have to sacrifice Earth to save the galaxy, or save Earth at great cost to the Galaxy.
 
What do you guys think?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.