Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Please wait for reviews.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By donchipotle

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Irvandus said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Ok, IF you're being totally serious here and not trolling, could it have been possible they had it set to "action" or whatever the setting is that dumps all the RPG-ness and keeps it a shooter? That kinda sounds like what you were watching.

Regardless, I'm getting this game. There's no way I'm not finishing the trilogy.

The joke is it was set to Story mode.

You should have mentioned that. Story mode doesn't let you make dialogue choices. Don't believe me, look it up.

Maybe it was on RPG mode then. I don't know what the different modes are called, but choices were made.

One of the modes makes most of the decisions for you but lets you make some of them. One lets you make the decisions. The other one is for people that are playing the wrong game.

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

@potatomash3r: yeah you might be right but i've had that on my chest for awile now and it kind of just came out

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#103  Edited By Justin258

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Tomkang said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Dany said:

You have been on a bent to get people to cancel and not buy this game. Why not let the product speak for itself and people form their own opinions. Some fella on the internet is not gonna sway me either way from getting this game nor is s fact dump of the ending.

At this point reviews for this game are kind of pointless to me becuase I know I am getting it.

Because people shouldn't be allowed to make millions of dollars for putting out lazy, uninspired garbage while talented developers who actually care enough to try wallow in obscurity.

Can you call up a shit storm in september when Call of Duty 9 comes out?

Call of Duty games aren't bad. Mordern Warfare 3 is the only one that has been mediocre so far. I never understood why people hate them so much. I fucking loved Black Ops and enjoyed my time with it. It was a really well designed game that was fun to play and had a great multiplayer infrastructure for a console game. I guess I'm just not SOPHISTICATED enough to get it. Maybe if I go buy Dear Esther and play that shit for a few weeks I'll have the stupid pounded out of my head so I can stop having fun with games. Call of Duty also never promised to be anything more than a multiplayer FPS. Mass Effect is supposed to be one of our bastions, one of our examples that we can hold up to show people that games can be more than toys. Mass Effect 3 is blatantly exploitative and is using its fans to milk out as much as they can get before this franchise goes belly up.

You've defended yourself well and, more importantly, I now do not think you are a troll. Trolls generally do not up and say that they enjoy something popular and your logic makes sense.

While your concerns reflect what I took away from the demo, I'm not going to just up and cancel this game because of them. I want to jump in, feet first, and see if it's good or not my own self.

If it isn't, though, you'll never see me pick up another Bioware game again and I'll be trading in all three ME games. Oh, and I'll know pretty quickly; this is Spring Break and I've got all the time in the world.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By FreakAche

@Irvandus said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Ok, IF you're being totally serious here and not trolling, could it have been possible they had it set to "action" or whatever the setting is that dumps all the RPG-ness and keeps it a shooter? That kinda sounds like what you were watching.

Regardless, I'm getting this game. There's no way I'm not finishing the trilogy.

The joke is it was set to Story mode.

You should have mentioned that. Story mode doesn't let you make dialogue choices. Don't believe me, look it up.

I think you're confused. Action mode is the one that doesn't let you make dialogue choices. Story mode is just like RPG mode (both include choices), but Story mode has simplified combat.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By bwheeeler

I WATCHED SOME OF THIS GAME AND THOUGHT IT WAS SHIT.

LET'S ALL CONTINUE TO TAKE ME SERIOUSLY.

solidwolf52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107  Edited By solidwolf52

@LordXavierBritish: @LordXavierBritish said:

@Tomkang said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Dany said:

You have been on a bent to get people to cancel and not buy this game. Why not let the product speak for itself and people form their own opinions. Some fella on the internet is not gonna sway me either way from getting this game nor is s fact dump of the ending.

At this point reviews for this game are kind of pointless to me becuase I know I am getting it.

Because people shouldn't be allowed to make millions of dollars for putting out lazy, uninspired garbage while talented developers who actually care enough to try wallow in obscurity.

Can you call up a shit storm in september when Call of Duty 9 comes out?

Call of Duty games aren't bad. Mordern Warfare 3 is the only one that has been mediocre so far.

And there goes all credibility. Mass Effect is uninspired and shitty but CoD isn't? Ok then...

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#108  Edited By pyromagnestir

I preordered my copy on Feb 27 2011. If only you'd made this thread more than a year ago.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By emergency

I have never been a HUGE fan of the mass effect series. I played through the first one around a year ago, and thought it was alright. Started played the 2nd one a month or so a go and have been off and on with it, it's pretty good and much better than the first but still not completely blowing my mind. So with that in mind, it kind of makes me sick reading all of the replies in this thread. I totally understand it, but it makes me sick knowing that Bioware has 90% of the people in this thread hook, line and sinker. So hyped for this game that they can't even consider not lapping it up and giving Bioware all their money before any verdict has been passed. This reeks of Dragon Age II v2.0. That game was very disappointing. A few people even noted that they didn't like it, and that they don't want it to happen again but they just have to give Bioware the benefit of the doubt cause they just have to play this on release and not the day after. I hope this game is good, I really do, but if it's bad I hope everyone some people in this thread reconsider just throwing money at developers simply because of hype. It's because of this sort of impulse purchasing that games like ME3 will be really really profitable and they'll just make a further one that is just as bad.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#110  Edited By kindgineer

I can't tell if this is your usual troll bullshit or if you actually have these kind of feelings. Stop overreacting about video games, it's immature and stupid. The game will be fine and will not live up to everyone's hype. That's the way of the world and even though I am not buying it for a couple of months to protest the on-day DLC, you're overreacting.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#111  Edited By benspyda

Bioware are attempting to become more and more mainstream with each game they release and thus are losing a lot of heart and soul. But everyone who has played through and loved the ME series has to buy this game, just to see it through to the end. It's like all original trilogy fans of Star Wars had to see the prequel trilogy just to see how it turned out, despite how terrible it was. But any new franchises from this company we are gonna be a lot more wary of. For instance why the hell are Bioware making a Command and Conquer; in what parallel universe are we living in?

Anyway, worst case scenario is it's a mediocre third person shooter. I played through Uncharted 3 so I can play through this.

Etnos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Etnos

@LordXavierBritish: Seek psychiatric help buddy, you might not realize it but you need it.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#113  Edited By Gabriel

You people should not be so willing to get suckered, especially after DA2.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@Etnos said:

@LordXavierBritish: Seek psychiatric help buddy, you might not realize it but you need it.

I wish I could be as funny as you.
    pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#115  Edited By pyromagnestir

@emergency: It's not hype that's making me buy this day one. I loved the first one. I loved the second one. That's what's making me buy this game sight unseen. If it sucks, I need to see that for myself. You didn't like those first games, that's fine. But I loved them. I wasn't brainwashed or anything. As a result I'm not going to let all the anti hype affect my decision to play this any more than hype would affect me the other way. Did I correctly use affect there? I hope so.

Trapsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Trapsummers

So you are saying it is like the first 2 games?

Okay, good. I wasn’t going to buy ME3 anyway, but now I know I will not be missing anything resembling what in my opinion is a good game.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#117  Edited By Animasta

preordering games at all seems dumb, really.

I preordered Devil Survivor 2 but only because I was scared GS wouldn't have it

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Dallas_Raines

@ccampb89 said:

I can't tell if this is your usual troll bullshit or if you actually have these kind of feelings. Stop overreacting about video games, it's immature and stupid. The game will be fine and will not live up to everyone's hype. That's the way of the world and even though I am not buying it for a couple of months to protest the on-day DLC, you're overreacting.

Nah BRO, it's a FUCKING ATROCITY! A video game sequel not living up to it's prequel is like 9/11 or the holocaust, except worse...because it's happening to us! Hope you're happy, BioWare, you just killed creativity and stuck all us free thinking gamerz into a proverbial gas chamber!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By xyzygy

@benspyda said:

Bioware are attempting to become more and more mainstream with each game they release and thus are losing a lot of heart and soul. But everyone who has played through and loved the ME series has to buy this game, just to see it through to the end.

Not true. ME1 is one of my all time favorite games, and I'm not touching this one. Fans of the previous games don't have to play it.

@solidwolf52: If you know anything about sci-fi you'll know that Mass Effect is anything but inspired. It's almost a cut/copy/paste of sci-fi archetypes which have been around since the 70's.

GuyIncognito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By GuyIncognito

I was never going to buy Mass Effect 3 unless it was $5-$10 or .torrent discount anyway.

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121  Edited By FilipHolm

I love people... escpecially the arguing kind... Seriously just buy the game if you want to, try it out and create an opinion for yourself. Instead of letting everyone else tell you what to think, wether it's angry forum posters or reviewers...

I have spoken

aspaceinvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By aspaceinvader

I cannot understand why people would want to watch a stream of mass effect 3 before you have actually got the game, Firstly you have not only ruined the game experience for yourself in doing so, you are also letting yourself so know what some of the spoilers there are in the game. Then to turn round and tell people how bad and shit the game is and not to buy it, You have not actually played the game so how can you actually judge it from a stream, you might see one version of the game in play but not all three versions of the in game play style, that one version my not be the best way to play it, i.e. the action style.

As for those bitching about bioware and their games, get into games production yourself that is if you can, and then see if you can make it as a games producer. Not many of you would make it or even last in the industry, it's not as easy as many of you think. Do any of you honestly think your ideas would be original?

I don't let anyone influence my games choices, so if i do or don't buy mass effect 3 and it's dlc, it will be my choice and not because someone on the internet has a rant and hissy fit about a game they have not actually played yet. It's as bad as someone telling you a movies shit because someone told them it was, its as bad as that. I know you said wait for the reviews, many of us are doing so.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@emergency said:

I have never been a HUGE fan of the mass effect series. I played through the first one around a year ago, and thought it was alright. Started played the 2nd one a month or so a go and have been off and on with it, it's pretty good and much better than the first but still not completely blowing my mind. So with that in mind, it kind of makes me sick reading all of the replies in this thread. I totally understand it, but it makes me sick knowing that Bioware has 90% of the people in this thread hook, line and sinker. So hyped for this game that they can't even consider not lapping it up and giving Bioware all their money before any verdict has been passed. This reeks of Dragon Age II v2.0. That game was very disappointing. A few people even noted that they didn't like it, and that they don't want it to happen again but they just have to give Bioware the benefit of the doubt cause they just have to play this on release and not the day after. I hope this game is good, I really do, but if it's bad I hope everyone some people in this thread reconsider just throwing money at developers simply because of hype. It's because of this sort of impulse purchasing that games like ME3 will be really really profitable and they'll just make a further one that is just as bad.

To most people, ME2 is one of the greatest games of all time. For a good sized segment, ME1 is just as good. Your opinion is rare, but vocal.

What is your favourite game of all time? If they made a sequel, would you wait for reviews?

Don't be crazy. People are passionate about Mass Effect because those games are fucking incredible.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By MikeGosot
    @LordXavierBritish: Okay, i'll wait for reviews. Hey, at least you got one person.
    raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#125  Edited By raviolisumo

Not buying the game.

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aspaceinvader said:

I cannot understand why people would want to watch a stream of mass effect 3 before you have actually got the game, Firstly you have not only ruined the game experience for yourself in doing so, you are also letting yourself so know what some of the spoilers there are in the game. Then to turn round and tell people how bad and shit the game is and not to buy it, You have not actually played the game so how can you actually judge it from a stream, you might see one version of the game in play but not all three versions of the in game play style, that one version my not be the best way to play it, i.e. the action style.

As for those bitching about bioware and their games, get into games production yourself that is if you can, and then see if you can make it as a games producer. Not many of you would make it or even last in the industry, it's not as easy as many of you think. Do any of you honestly think your ideas would be original?

I don't let anyone influence my games choices, so if i do or don't buy mass effect 3 and it's dlc, it will be my choice and not because someone on the internet has a rant and hissy fit about a game they have not actually played yet. It's as bad as someone telling you a movies shit because someone told them it was, its as bad as that. I know you said wait for the reviews, many of us are doing so.

I don't understand you people, no where did I say not to buy it.

I said to wait for reviews. I haven't seen the entire game, I haven't played it, and I am not telling people not to buy it. I'm sorry for trying to inform people that what I have seen of this game, and it has been an extensive amount at this point, does not live up to previous entries in the series and is most likely not going to live up to their expectations.

You people really need to start choosing your words more carefully and, you know, reading. It's no wonder the term biodrones is getting to such popular lexicon these days.
    benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#127  Edited By benspyda

@xyzygy said:

@benspyda said:

Bioware are attempting to become more and more mainstream with each game they release and thus are losing a lot of heart and soul. But everyone who has played through and loved the ME series has to buy this game, just to see it through to the end.

Not true. ME1 is one of my all time favorite games, and I'm not touching this one. Fans of the previous games don't have to play it.

I obviously didn't mean to speak for everyone but I'm sure there a lot of others who feel the same as me.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By emergency

@pyromagnestir said:

@emergency: It's not hype that's making me buy this day one. I loved the first one. I loved the second one. That's what's making me buy this game sight unseen. If it sucks, I need to see that for myself. You didn't like those first games, that's fine. But I loved them. I wasn't brainwashed or anything. As a result I'm not going to let all the anti hype affect my decision to play this any more than hype would affect me the other way. Did I correctly use affect there? I hope so.

Your use of affect was most spiffing. I guess I just don't have the same affinity with the series. You make decent points, I think it's just that I got burned with DA2 being nothing like what I really wanted other than the combat being improved.. and I don't really want to see the internet set ablaze cause ME3 is not what people wanted out of it. Truth be told, I can't see it being awful. For as bad as DA2 was it still was relatively fun, and told an alright story. The opinions of the TC are echo'd elsewhere around the internet by those who watched streams about lack of dialogue choices. But, I guess those who truly are looking forward to this game are avoiding streams. I'm super interested in how this all turns out, it would be great if they hit it out of the park. After 2 good games thus far, and given the plot of the 3rd I feel like they should. Expectations are just so high.

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By prestonhedges

Sounds like pretty much what I thought of Mass Effect 2.

Yes, every mission was a shooting gallery. Yes, the dialogue was awful. But apparently people eat that shit up, so who cares.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#131  Edited By breadfan

Shouldn't this be posted here

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#132  Edited By ez123

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

To most people, ME2 is one of the greatest games of all time.

What?

BluPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By BluPotato

Dude, video games. It's not a crime against humanity. Settle down.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Karkarov

@Klei said:

There isn't pizza, I lied.

What?!!? No PIZZA???? I am cancelling my pre order.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Solh0und

I had no plans of purchasing it..................................................yet.

Street Fighter X Tekken took that priority from me buying ME3 since I plan to wait for some more non-BS DLC.

Zoidberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Zoidberg

guys stop being such conformists! don't buy the game day one like mindless sheep, wait until you see what the reviewers say and base your purchase upon their opinions!!!!!

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#138  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@LordXavierBritish: I had...a fear that it'd be bad. But in any case, i have no interest in ME3 whatsoever, even if it is good. And i may be a 138 posts late, but don't late the haters get to ya, you just speaking your mind dude.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Doctorchimp

To be fair....

This is it. This is Bioware's last shot to keep me.

If Mass Effect 3 is as bad as it indicates it will be from that god awful single player demo then they can keep their crappy action games that control poorly with ham-fisted writing afterwards. But hey that MP part was alright.

Trision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#140  Edited By Trision

Too late. I already preordered it. So no. Also, overreaction, much?

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Trision said:

Too late. I already preordered it. So no. Also, overreaction, much?

Tomzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#142  Edited By Tomzombie

um i would say, no your title statement Cues i am a fanboy of the games so iam just going to buy it cues i want to see how the game ends.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We get it you guys think this game is bad, enough with the post. This is Dragon Age 2 all over again.

Tonic7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Tonic7

I was going to get it at some point to finish the story, why not get $10 free on Amazon in the meantime?

At this point, most people who invested serious time in the first two games won't even care what the reviews say. Some things need to be experienced by people for themselves; merely having another's experience relayed to them simply won't ever be enough. It isn't their story, it isn't their Shepard, etc. Mass Effect is one of those things for me (and I'm sure it's true for many others). If the game is absolutely unforgivably terrible, I look forward to posting about it. Until then, thanks for the advice. But no thanks.

AyKay_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By AyKay_47

Hey, guess what.

The reviews will say that it's a great game, just like they said DA2 is a great game.

And a lot of people will hate it, because people fucking hate the current definition of a great game. Oh, and it'll still sell quite like a motherfucker, regardless of how many of you/us thinking folk decide to boycott it. This is why I got an early copy from a local fella, because voting with one's wallet is a fallacy.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#146  Edited By Animasta

people wonder why some people hate bioware as much as they do, and this is it, the reason why. because some people fucking love them no matter what they do, and will literally attack you about whatever you say about them. Yes I did create a pretty terrible topic (which honestly should have been constructed better as this is a different forum with a different culture). Still, even people attacking YOU, for literally saying "wait for reviews before buying it" is proof enough.

I don't even hate them, just mildly dislike them, but it's hard to just sit in the middle if you post on forums.

osuzoo08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By osuzoo08

Well I am waiting for this game also, but because Birds of steel comes out the week after. And I would rather play the sequel to IL-2 Sturmovik than ME2 right now.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By fjordson

Thank God for Gamefly. After the mediocre demo and the laughably bad spoilers about the story that leaked out a while back, I just can't justify dropping 60 bucks on this thing.

I want to believe it'll turn out great and be a proper send off for the trilogy, but I'm losing hope. In the game and in BioWare in general. They've fallen so far this generation from what they used to be.

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#149  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

@AyKay_47 said:

The reviews will say that it's a great game, just like they said DA2 is a great game.

Who said that? I'm not being facetious (okay maybe a little), but I would like to know!

cabelhigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#150  Edited By cabelhigh

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.