Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Sixth team member in ME3?

Totoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Totoni

So there's something I've been wondering about. We have already been told that there won't be as many team member in ME3 like there were in ME2, but there is only five team members as of now:

Kaidan/Ashley

Garrus

Liara

Tali

Vega

That's even lower than the first game. Is there only gonna be five members or will they reveal a new member later. Or even better do we get to choose one of the members from ME2 to be on the team?

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By PhatSeeJay

A lot of things point at the squad shaping up to look differently depending on previous choices, new ones in ME3 and so on. Considering both Tali and Garrus (and the rest of the ME2 crew) can be dead, the setup has to be a bit more dynamic in ME3.

Totoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Totoni

"A lot of things point at the squad shaping up to look differently depending on previous choices, new ones in ME3 and so on. Considering both Tali and Garrus (and the rest of the ME2 crew) can be dead, the setup has to be a bit more dynamic in ME3."

Good point, I forgot about that Garrus and Tali could die. Which just leaves you with three people. And if most of your crew in ME2 died (you can only survive if at least two of your team members survived, you're left with a rather small team. But it is an RPG so you kind of need quite a few different squad members to choose from

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rjayb89

Spoilers: it's a clone of you but as the opposite sex. Thanks to the Illusive Man.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Two somewhat very spoilery characters have been confirmed via the Artbook. I won't say more and you really shouldn't go looking for the info (I think you'll be happier being surprised)

Totoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Totoni

@SteamPunkJin said:

Two somewhat spoilery characters have been confirmed via the Artbook. I won't say more and you really shouldn't go looking for the info (I think you'll be happier being surprised)

Really? Didn't know that. Guess I'll just have to wait and see then.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By phrosnite

I'm fine with that. Liara and Garrus will be my team. Even in ME2 I used 3-4 of the 10-11... What makes me more excited it that the level cap is 60(30 in ME2) and the stat/customization is better.

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Master_Funk

I think it would a disservice to fans if the didn't give you the opportunity to have all previous team members on your team (if alive), even if just for a mission or two.

I just hope the fake jason statham in the original trailer will be available as a team mate.

Bernoulli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bernoulli

Damn my Tali got glocked in the head real hard too

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Marz

Dunno but if I had my way i would make Captain Anderson a permanent squad mate, could always use more Keith David.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By CaptainObvious

It's Fred Williamson.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I think they're going to rely more on optional mission-based party members, sort of like how Kingdom Hearts was usually you, Donald and Goofy but when you're in Pride Rock you can switch one of them out for Simba and so on.

I bet it works out like if Miranda and Jacob are alive, you can add them to the party during the Cerberus mission... if they're both dead, you're stuck with your full-time crew.  That way they can design the mission to work regardless of whether or not they're alive, and not have to edit every mission to compensate.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By lord_canti

im basically hoping for all mass effect 2 people to show up at some point. i also want Ashley to come back for revenge for leaving her on that planet giggling with glee all the way

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's obviously EDI in an armored combat mech, duh. Maybe with Joker riding in the back of it.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm thinking you'll get a chance of having old squaddies on your team for a mission or two regarding their race/etc (Miranda/Jacob for Cerberus, Legion on a Geth mission, etc).

There's just no way they'll get all the possible combo's back in, if only for the amount of voice acting that some players (or the bulk of them) will never hear.

I'm still hoping for Wrex to be there for the final mission, I need him by my side or it won't feel the same!

indus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By indus

I've seen concept art for Jack.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

A Reaper.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NTM

It's sad to think (and know) that all, or at least most of the characters from the sequel will play somewhat smaller roles this time around, rather than be in your squad. It would have been amazing to have every single character from the first two games that have been in your squad, and then some, to be on your team again.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By McGhee

Where's Jack and where's Wrex, damnit?

Why do we need to take up a spot with that bland stump, Vega? Oh right, because Freddy Prince Jr. needs a part. Ugh.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By AndrewB

Considering how little time you spend with him and how much they leave open about him, I'd be surprised if they didn't have Legion in there somehow.

Except this is Bioware we're talking about, and rushing the finale out will probably mean they completely gloss over major plot points and shift focus to wrapping things up.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Red

I think they may just have 5 permanent squad members in the game, but it's already confirmed that we'll get a lot of temporary squad members I.E. how Liara was in Lair of the Shadow Broker.

Anyways, the current lineup is totally fine by me. I'll just roll with Garrus and Liara the majority game no matter who else they throw in, aside from perhaps Wrex.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Chop

I still really don't like the idea of a CE only character. Tying Zaeed to their online pass thing was fine, but tying a character to the CE...i don't like it.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By kindgineer

As long as my my love-interest with Tali can finally be fulfilled I don't care if no one else is even in the game. Oh, and long as Jack isn't there to make me make bad decisions because I am nice and alienate Miranda.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Backflip

I think from the trailers we've seen

Legion

Samara

Miranda

Personally I'd like the team to at least include some of the new ME2 characters, in particular Miranda who I'm really hoping to continue a romance with :P But seriously, they need Miranda back, and they need some humor so I volunteer Jack.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FLStyle

I've got my third successive game rolling with Garrus and Tali, I could have no-one else for all I care.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#26  Edited By Yummylee

I have a feeling that there will be more permanent characters from the ME2 cast; I mean Garrus and Tali could be dead as well after all. The only reason they're pushing those two forward is because they're possibly the most iconic (and popular) when it comes to ME party members. There will be temporary party members to be sure, but at the very least I think there'll be another two who can join permanently if they survived the suicide mission.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Chop said:

I still really don't like the idea of a CE only character. Tying Zaeed to their online pass thing was fine, but tying a character to the CE...i don't like it.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a CE only character?

If you are talking about the robotic dog then, I'm pretty sure it is only a minor thing that will only be available on the Normandy and not in combat...

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By wealllikepie

i think in the new female shepard trailer i heard a hint of miranda. makes sense considering shes 1 of the major characters from me2

Jackhole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By Jackhole

@Village_Guy said:

@Chop said:

If you are talking about the robotic dog then, I'm pretty sure it is only a minor thing that will only be available on the Normandy and not in combat...

If you buy the CE, you get access to a character that will just be day one DLC for everybody else. So it's not like they're locking you out of content if you don't buy the CE, but you'll just have to pay for the character if you want it.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SteamPunkJin

@Jackhole said:

@Village_Guy said:

@Chop said:

If you buy the CE, you get access to a character that will just be day one DLC for everybody else. So it's not like they're locking you out of content if you don't buy the CE, but you'll just have to pay for the character if you want it.

This is wrong. There's been a ton of confusion over it. The CE advertised an extra character and mission when it debuted, that claim has since been removed as a prominent feature from the ads for it - it's basically the new Zaeed. It's going to come with all new copies and is not exclusive to the CE. CE exclusive items are: N7 Hoodie for Shep, Robot Dog, Squad Clothing Pack and a N7 Gun Pack that's missing the AR (you get the N7 AR at Gamestop)

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By FreakAche

I don't know anything, but I would be severely surprised if any of the potential love interests from ME2 were not available as party members in ME3.

mushroomyakuza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mushroomyakuza

I'm gonna be pretty damn disappointed if I don't get to have Thane and Jack in my crew again. I can just about live with missing everyone else as long as they're present in some capacity, but I really hope they don't drop the ball on this one. I still think the inclusion of Vega for "new players" is utterly, utterly ridiculous. This is the final chapter in a trilogy, why on earth would you start with this game when you can go back and play the first two or even only ME2 on the PS3? STUPID STUPID BIOWARE.

ColonelRick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ColonelRick

Miranda, as a potential romance in 2, has to be featured in a meaningful way..Think about it. IF you went with her in ME2, it would not make any sense to not have her in 3.

We've seen Wrex feature in a major way(if you've played the demo/seen the footage) so he similarly either has to be a teammate or tag along for the ride in significant parts of the story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.