Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

What Class Do You Play As? ME3

• 79 results
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@phrosnite said:

@Nottle said:

@phrosnite said:

@Nottle said:

In ME1 I was a vanguard then a solider, quit that, made a Adept with a Assault rifle and had so much fun on insanity because singularity gets so big and stays so long entire rooms are sent orbiting around. In ME2 i was an engineer and I'm in the middle of an adept play through. I'll play adept in ME3 because i think that is the most interesting class, even if some powers are nerfed.

So adepts and engineers can use all the weapons now? What's the point of playing soldier if that's true?

I hope we can decide how many weapons to take into battle which will affect your power recharge time(like the co-op stuff) because I don't like shotguns at all. The only weapons I need are a pistol, a sniper rifle and maybe a smg.

Yeah what is the deal with the cool downs. At the begining of the demo when your low leveled the cool down is like just a few seconds. Then later even if the powers are upgraded the cool down is way longer.

I just tested it. In the beginning when you have only a pistol the singularity recharges in 2.5 sec or something. At the end of the mission when I picked up the assault rifle I noticed an increase of the recharge times of my two skills. So basically, yeah... the more weapons you are carrying the longer your powers will recharge. God-Emeperor, I hope we will be able to decide how many weapons we carry in SP. Pistol only HERE I COME! Adept ftw :)

Edit: In second part of the SP demo you are carrying 4 weapons which makes the recharge time of powers ridiculous.

Edit 2: Weapons increase your weight which is the thing increases the cd of powers. It's not just "number of weapons". I wonder if the weapon mods increase the weight...

In the multiplayer when you pick you weapons, there is a bar that determines you power cooldown based on weight. The center of the bar is 0%. The less weapons you have the bar fills up the left and the recharge speed increases, the more weapons and the bar fills to the right and the recharge speed decreases. You can carry as few as 1 weapons if you so wish. The size of the weapon does matter, so having just a pistol is less weight then having just a sniper rifle. Mods do not increase the weight.

So if your looking to play say an Adept that wants to use powers as much as possible, you can only use a modded pistol and your recharge speed will increase by 194%!

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Pinworm45

I've always played Soldier but he just seems kind of boring this time around. The other classes seemed cool. I played an Infiltrator on my second ME2 round enjoyed myself. Even though I prefer to play as a regular ass human with no powers, Infiltrator still fits that bill as you're really just using some technology. So yeah, I think Infiltrator. Maybe still soldier though, I don't know.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#53  Edited By AndrewB

I used to naive and thought any class but the Solider was acceptable, like you. Then I took a Geth sniper shot to the knee.

On the hardest difficulties, the brute force and versatility is second to none, and I like my Mass Effect on difficulty the hardest.

iBePeRFeCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By iBePeRFeCT

I've always played Adept so I'm going to stick with that on my main save. My Renegade Femshep is going to be a Sentinel though.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Infiltrator, definitely. I love playing as stealthily as possible. Out-smarting the opponent has always been more fun than using brute force. Tac-Cloak + Backstab = ME3 Greatness.

Infiltrator on Insanity is stupid easy in ME2, dude. I thought it'd be difficult, but Infiltrators just completely ruin everything's day.

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By lclay

My main Shepard is a Paragon Vanguard and has been since ME1. I didn't use him to his full potential in ME2 but now with this Nova ability I am super stoked to charge some guys and shoot them in the face with my shotgun. 

My ladyshep who I've only had since ME2 is a  Renegade Sentinel and yeah they are definitely the most versatile I think; I'll be going sentinel on the second play through. 

I heard on the bombcast a long time ago that according to BioWare's official statistics more people played the Soldier than all the other classes combined. That seems crazy to me; the combat in ME is all about super crazy powers and playing just a Soldier almost boils it down to just another 3rd person shooter and that is BORING. As far as I'm concerned, people who play as a Soldier are doing it wrong :P

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57  Edited By Seppli

Infiltrator. Always have and always will. Only an Agent can get with all the ladies!

Pondering doing a speedrun of ME 1 & 2 for the savefile, since I did my playthroughs on 360, respectively on a old PC.

Then again... not that important. As long as I can make in-depth choices before starting off ME3.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#58  Edited By zidd

Adept. Biotics are the most fun you can have with this game and nobody is going to tell me otherwise.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gonna keep on keeping on with infiltrator ... it's been increasingly more enjoyable and interesting to use across the first two games so let's hope they keep it up.

and it sounds like you might be able to actually, kind of, you know - infiltrate

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By TheHT
    @drag said:

gonna keep on keeping on with infiltrator ... it's been increasingly more enjoyable and interesting to use across the first two games so let's hope they keep it up.

and it sounds like you might be able to actually, kind of, you know - infiltrate

I've seen a few infiltrators in the multiplayer and it looked fun. Normally playing a vanguard that's always in the enemy's face, playing an infiltrator seems like the opposite end of the spectrum.
    DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#61  Edited By DJJoeJoe

I always used to play as the Soldier cause that seemed to fit my idea of what Shepard was, let the squad members do their specialization stuff Shepard was a straight up Soldier and Leader etc. Playing small portions as other things was sorta neat but never felt as cool as they looked in the trailers and once again it felt wrong of shepard to be doing anything other than be a good soldier and focus on being a leader.

The second time I started up the ME3 demo I tried the engineer out in the singleplayer and I really really dug the ability to fire Incinerate at dudes, and also the drone felt good to use as well. Wasn't magical, it's based on the Omni-tool stuff and I guess I'm down with that since it's sci-fi tech instead of sci-fi magic. So all my time in the multiplayer so far has been with an engineer and I continue to enjoy that, not having tow orry bout 5 diff ammo types and having real abilities that can kinda be used at any time, and very often, is really fun. I'm not throwing people up into the air but I think I'm still only willing to let 'others' do that while I stick to things that makes sense for my puny brain like nano tech and hologramz.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By Red

Adept first time through. It's the class that has the most needed chemistry with squadmates (in order to warp-bomb dudes).

I'll play through it again as other classes, though. Infiltrator will always have a special place in my heart, and I've always wanted to check out engineer.

Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#63  Edited By Floppypants

I intend to dump so much time into this game, a more appropriate question would be what class I'm going to play last.

For my first playthrough on normal, my original ME1 Shep is a Sentinel, so I'll stick with that. Probably jump to Engineer for NG+ and Insanity.

sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By sjosz

I've been playing all classes, really. Out of them from best to least I like Vanguard (for being high-risk, high-reward), Engineer (because it can tackle pretty much all resistance types), Infiltrator (long range stealth headshots, baby!), Adept (crowd-control), Sentinel (walking tank), Soldier (rapid-fire concussive shot).

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Dagbiker

What class shoots stuff really well and uses the force, Thats the class i used.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

I'll probably be going soldier first, keeping up with my 'traditional' Shepard. And then whatever the hell I do next may be with a Vanguard (since they're pretty awesome and the biotic charge looks amazing) or the Engineer, if I can over how shit the turrets look.

Cowmeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Cowmeat

@Doctorchimp said:

Adept with Assault Rifle.

Always.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#68  Edited By HadesTimes

My ME2 character is a Vanguard so there you go. But in the multiplayer, I've found Adepts to be the way to go.

Hennet_sim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By Hennet_sim

I have been a Vanguard starting with ME 1 played it in ME 2 and loving it in 3 so far

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#70  Edited By big_jon

I've always done Soldier, bur I would like to try sentinel second time through, aren't they like the defensive class with good armour?

Avatar image for radio_resistance
    Radio_Resistance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Radio_Resistance

My personal canon Shep is a soldier through and through. If we're talking from a role-playing perspective, I always like Shep to be "humanity's man". The way I see it, it's the rest of the universe that is eye-opening and wondrous, and if Shep is the most badass and amazing dude around, it kind of ruins that balance for me. The appeal behind soldier-Shep is that while ordinary, his team is spectacular--Shepard's true strength is his charisma and leadership ability. He has the least flash out of all his people, but he still commands their respect, borne of going toe-to-toe with the same dangers they do. Some people play RPGs to become unstoppable or godlike, but I like my protagonists to be grounded to some form of reality.

Also, I always prefer guns to magic.

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#72  Edited By Valkyr

360 Vanguard paragon male shepard, PS3 Sentinel renegade femshep, but I will import the femshep save first because that's the version I'm getting day one (and I hope they improve the framerate from the demo build or I'll be pissed)

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Adept, all I need is a pistol and a load of biotic powers!

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By ItBeStefYo

Using soldier in multiplayer and combining a sniper and assault rifle I consistently place first in the team. Its pretty fun, but i think ill be an infiltrator for the campaign

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#75  Edited By Marz

infiltrator, mostly cuz i like sniping.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#76  Edited By spazmaster666

I will stick with Sentinel for my Insanity run, though I'm not sure how I feel about how they basically nerfed Tech Armor/Power armor. Still, it's the only class that has both Overload and Warp which is basically essential since teammates are bound to die quickly on the harder difficulties (unless you force them to stay back since apparently abilities have infinite range when it comes to your squad mates, at least in ME2.)

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#77  Edited By retrovirus

I've always played as a Vanguard because I like the ability to both shoot dudes in the face with a shotgun and send them flying across the room with my mind. Plus the biotic charge in ME2 is so amazing that it's a crime NOT to use it.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#78  Edited By joshthebear

Infiltrator all the way. Cloak, snipe dudes, and then let your squad mop up.

Godak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Godak

Sentinel. There's something very cathartic about using your own body as an explosive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.