Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 21, 2017

Set in a galaxy far from the Milky Way, Mass Effect: Andromeda puts players in the role of a Pathfinder tasked with exploring new habitable worlds and investigating mysterious technology.

Patch 1.05 Detailed (Out Thursday)

• 79 results
    ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@oursin_360: Seems like semi auto weapons are boosted, but melee is nerfed and a bunch of the enemies sound like they will be harder. They don't mention anything about player abilities that I can see really, and like I said currently my Assault Turret only works if I am the match host. Seems like a big bug to fix to me.

From their notes:

Multiplayer Balance Updates

We’ve introduced a number of balance changes to multiplayer based on feedback from the community.

We increased the threat and effectiveness of some of the heavy hitters in enemy factions. Hydras, Remnant Destroyers, and berserkers are now more likely to target nearby players, increasing the threat for close-quarters characters and reducing the effectiveness of repeated melee attacks. Players also won’t be able to avoid damage from the kett anointed by standing beside them.

We’ve made changes to the Outlaw faction to increase their difficulty. They were less effective at pushing players into cover than other factions, so we increased the damage and fire rate for sharpshooters. The hydra’s sync attack is now lethal.

After investigating complaints about assault rifle and pistol performance, we discovered an issue that reduced the rate of fire for many semiautomatic weapons. This limitation impacted the Mattock in particular. However, after fixing the issue, we found its damage output was overpowering, and scaled it back. To keep the identity of the Mattock as an assault rifle that fires as quickly as you can pull the trigger, we left the rate of fire unchanged and lowered the damage per round. To compensate, we also increased the amount of spare ammo.

To ensure the risk-reward play styles of melee-heavy classes retained appropriate risk, we made changes to reduce the effectiveness of repeated melee attacks on large targets. Enemy attacks can now interrupt a meleeing player, which means you’ll have to bring more than your fists to a gun fight.

We’re continuing to look into issues around weapon balance, particularly at higher difficulties. We’re also looking at melee-focused builds to ensure they pack the right punch.

You can find a full list of changes below.

Player Abilities

Melee

• To reduce the effectiveness of repeated melees against tougher enemies, player melee attacks can now be interrupted by enemy attacks.

Challenge Tracking

• Biotic, Tech, and Combat Detonation Challenges now update on the Challenges screen.
    • Lance and Throw will now successfully increment the Biotic Detonation Combo challenge progress.

Weapons

Generally, we’ve found that semiautomatic assault rifles and pistols are underperforming when compared to their automatic counterparts. We’ve increased the damage per round for most of these guns and fixed bugs that limited the rate of fire for semiautomatic weapons.

Enemies

Kett

Kett Anointed

• Players can no longer avoid damage by standing up against a firing anointed

Kett Ascendant

• Kett Ascendant’s Orb will now give 15 points when killed, instead of points equal to the Ascendant himself

Kett Behemoth (Boss objective)

• Behemoths are more likely to target nearby players

Outlaw

The Outlaws have generally been easier to fight than other factions, so we’ve closed the gap. While Remnant Observers and kett anointed are effective at pushing players into cover, sharpshooters needed improvements to get players to hide. Across the rest of the palette, changes to targeting and the hydra’s sync attack help keep the Outlaws competitive.

Outlaw Adhi

• Adhi no longer attempt to chain sync attacks

Outlaw Agent

• Outlaw agent’s holographic clone will no longer give points

Outlaw Sharpshooter

• Sharpshooters now fire more frequently, especially against targets out of cover
    • Sniper rifle damage increased by 44%
    • Sharpshooters sprint more often
    • Aiming time is now shortened at shorter ranges
    • Aiming and impact audio are now clearer
    • No longer pursue melee targets over long distances

Outlaw Berserker

• Berserkers are more likely to target nearby players

Outlaw Hydra

• Sync attack is now lethal
    • Hydra is more likely to target nearby players
    • Hydra now lose their target—but no longer cancel firing—when their target cloaks while locking on
    • Fixed situations where the hydra’s body would reappear after being destroyed

Remnant

We found that the Observer was a little too good at its job, often leaving players feeling totally pinned down. This could be frustrating when another Observer flanked the player or when a Nullifier attacked. At the same time, the Nullifier felt like a nuisance, but one that was easy to counter in many situations.

To address these issues, we reduced the damage Observers inflict and how long they fire for. We’ve reworked the Nullifier to make its main weapon more powerful, but less frequent against players in cover. The Nullifier is also more likely to stand its ground, helping it to control the space. Repeated melee should now be a less dominant strategy against Nullifiers.

Remnant Observer

• Observers can now lose their target while firing when the target cloaks
    • Maximum beam duration decreased from 6s to 5s
    • Beam damage decreased by 10%

Remnant Nullifier

• Rate of fire has been decreased against enemies in cover
    • Projectile attacks now travel faster and hit harder
    • Stays still and fires in more situations
    • No longer flees in protracted melee situations
    • [Single player only] Fires less frequently on lower difficulties

Remnant Destroyer

• Destroyers are more likely to target nearby players
    • Fixed situations where the Destroyer’s body and turrets would reappear after being destroyed
    cclemon36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I just got to doing Remnant monoliths in Kadara after the patch and haven't had to do a single sudoku there. Is this par for the course or did they just get rid of them all together?

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By EthanielRain

@cclemon36 said:

I just got to doing Remnant monoliths in Kadara after the patch and haven't had to do a single sudoku there. Is this par for the course or did they just get rid of them all together?

I don't remember specifically which ones, but there were several that you didn't have to do that for...guessing it's unchanged.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes thats how it always was, i have no idea why though.

cclemon36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By cclemon36

@ethanielrain@rethla: Thanks for the replies, I had to do a puzzle at the last monolith there so most probably no change for the puzzles indeed.

Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

So.....I kinda miss the exaggerated facial expressions. Yeah they are a bit much at points, but at least the characters seemed to have life. My Ryder had big doe eyes so I play her as adventurous and full of wonder (a Space Lara Croft basically) but the patch really toned that down and it kinda bums me out.

I hadn't had any major technical problems to tell if the patch did anything there, but skipping the travel cutscenes are nice and there's less draw-in when a new scene loads, so that's good.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By OurSin_360

@artisanbreads: Yup, seems like they barely addressed anything that people actually complained about but buffing semi automatics is a good thing as they were pointless. Will be interesting to see how my melee characters will work now, since they are basically the only ones i've maxed out.

I would really like to not get one shot by behemoths through floors and ceilings though, or when they aren't even close enough to grab me but use some sorta telekinesis. I haven't had any issue with the turret, though i only use it as with one point in it as a distraction.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ripelivejam

are we allowed to put away our pitchforks yet?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: Yeah one shot deaths are unacceptable. I have had them occur when they totally didn't line up with what my game was showing (the enemy was far away and then suddenly on top of me).

The Semi-autos are nice because that's my favorite type of weapon but otherwise this seems like it will make the game less fun.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Fine.

But I'm not putting out my torch!

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was really hoping they'd remove skill points from getting duplicate classes. That needs to go away asap. Making your ultra rare characters worse than your common ones was an idiotic design decision.

Cluter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think the real MP fixes and changes wont come for a couple weeks. They needed to get out in front of the SP problems as fast as they could. Which I'm totally ok with. MP has been fun enough, but there are those lingering silly things like the dupe classes tied to skill points.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

well, after playing some matches in multiplayer, the vanquisher is still my bread and butter so nothing's really changed there, i guess it's less laggy though.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marz: everybody using the vanquisher makes me never want to use it lol, granted i haven't unlocked it yet anyway.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just thought I'd chime in here and say if you're on PC and the game just flat out won't start, switch Origin to Offline mode, launch the game then alt-tab out and switch it to online mode if you want online features.

The patch ruined my Ryders face giving her dark blotches under her eyes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By BoOzak

All the single player fixes are nice but the multiplayer nerfs seem shitty for me as a Vanguard who likes to punch things in the face a lot.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Semi auto weapons are less annoyingly weak in multi for sure, which feels better. The eyes look better in singleplayer but to me everything with facial animation and appearance in this game has been overblown so not some big deal for me. Some enemies definitely seemed a bit tougher. I don't have any melee focused characters I use so didn't feel that too bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
    deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just played a bit, the fixes are great on PC.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam said:

Not until Fem Ryder's dumbass smirk is gone. Like, who the hell does she think she is? Smiling in every dire situation as if that's going to make everything a-o-fucking-kay like she's Nathan Drake?

She ain't Drake!

Rabidlamb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How great would it be if the patch fixes facial animations by replacing all the humans with Quarians?

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By LawGamer

@rabidlamb said:

How great would it be if the patch fixes facial animations by replacing all the humans with Quarians?

Pretty good. Although even better would be a patch that turns the game into an ME2 re-release.

shorap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam said:

Not until Fem Ryder's dumbass smirk is gone. Like, who the hell does she think she is? Smiling in every dire situation as if that's going to make everything a-o-fucking-kay like she's Nathan Drake?

She ain't Drake!

To be fair, some having been saying that about every roguish character in all of media to come after Han Fuckin' Solo.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shorap said:

To be fair, some having been saying that about every roguish character in all of media to come after Han Fuckin' Solo.

Well, Han hasn't called me on my cell phones since Battlefront 2 so I tend to forget about him. Even so, Han and Drake have the cool guy smirk. Fem Ryder is still a sheep hurr durr at the moment.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@facelessvixen: The running headcannon is that she's high as a fucking kite the whole time.

Fo' realz though, I like Sara way better than Scott (and his pube beard). She's adorkable; he just looks like a douchenozzle.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen: They should add a patch that replaces all of her dialogue with "Hodor."

Personally, I'm just starting to view Andromeda as a space version of An Idiot Abroad - people in the Milky Way sent a boatload of morons with no qualifications to another galaxy just to laugh at what would happen. Seriously, if they make another Mass Effect game they should set it back in the Milky Way and have some Asari talking about Andromeda like a hidden-camera reality show.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@freedom4556: Sara Ryder is so much better than Scott. It is easily the first advice I would give anyone playing this game. The default Scott looks goofy as well but I just think the voice performance is so much better and more enjoyable to play as.

The character is silly in that they are basically shitty at talking to people and have some goofy moments (that don't really feel so well executed) but it has some charming moments to me.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is anyone else getting random turn speeds in the multiplayer? Sometimes it's totally fine, sometimes it takes 5 seconds to turn 180 degrees. I thought maybe it was screwy aim assist but I turned it off and it still happened.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By OurSin_360

@warlordpayne: i played a match that just didn't feel right, it wasnt the typical lag but i felt like i wasnt moving properly that may have been it. Didnt happen the next few matches but i haven't played much since the patch.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game doesnt even launch after the update for me. Great.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad they're working on it, but there is no way to fix this thing. I so rarely drop 60 on a new game, but out of faith as a ME guy i did so. The writing makes the core element of this game (existing in its universe) a chore, and the gameplay is just a space skin of dragon age inquisition, which i absolutely hated. No fix for real ME fans, but im happy that those enjoying the game will get a more streamlined experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.